Author Topic: Give a tax break to the rich oil companies to get the economy going again  (Read 4617 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Give a tax break to the rich oil companies to get the economy going again
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 09:30:13 PM »
but as far as being concerned about it--  according to the article we wouldnt go into a warming trend for at leats another few hundred thousand years if it wasnt for man made greenhouse gases.. but because of the man made greenhouse gases we are now moving into a warming trend (at leats thats how it appears)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 09:33:46 PM »
tropical temperatures at the poles during warming period (no ice whatsoever on the planet)=

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1646288/co2_drop_caused_greenhousetoicehouse_shift/

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 09:34:53 PM »
but as far as being concerned about it--  according to the article we wouldnt go into a warming trend for at leats another few hundred thousand years if it wasnt for man made greenhouse gases.. but because of the man made greenhouse gases we are now moving into a warming trend (at leats thats how it appears)
Do we have enough evidence to figure out how long the average warming/cooling trend lasts? They're supposedly on the scale of a million years, correct? So how can they possibly have enough data to make this kind of assumption?

Im skeptical anytime something like this comes up, especially with the amount of money people stand to make from the shit associated with this.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »
shift occurs every hundred million years or so..   shift caused by increases/decreases in CO2 levels..

pardon me for the insertion of a wild theory here...   but it sounds very much like life on earth keeps on evolving into humans who burn up all the fossil fuels of earlier life and then get killed off by the climate change that occurs as a result... earth stays warm for a while.. then cools off and the process starts all over again  ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 09:37:31 PM »
Do we have enough evidence to figure out how long the average warming/cooling trend lasts? They're supposedly on the scale of a million years, correct? So how can they possibly have enough data to make this kind of assumption?

Im skeptical anytime something like this comes up, especially with the amount of money people stand to make from the shit associated with this.
fuck i dont know im sure they are using some kind of dating science like carbon dating.. possibly inaccurate but probably not..  just read that theory i just posted and laugh out loud about it  ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:34 PM »
shift occurs every hundred million years or so..   shift caused by increases/decreases in CO2 levels..

pardon me for the insertion of a wild theory here...   but it sounds very much like life on earth keeps on evolving into humans who burn up all the fossil fuels of earlier life and then get killed off by the climate change that occurs as a result... earth stays warm for a while.. then cools off and the process starts all over again  ;D
Either way, sounds like a completely natural process to me. The fact that so many people stand to make so much money from it makes me go "meh".

As for your theory, I lol'd. Maybe instead of Humans, it was super evolved walking, talking, Dinosaurs like in that old TV sitcom.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 09:46:57 PM »
dinosaurs!!!  i loved that show as a kid!!! hahah

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »
taxes are simply passed to consumers as inflated prices

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 02:16:16 PM »
cut tax rate on rich oil companies income in exchange they will bring down price of gas?

if gas goes down that means food and everything else should get cheaper

Obama could never do this... he just spent 4 years calling them evil and the devil. If he gave any large corp a break at this point...  aside from bankers of course... everyone would know he's full of shit and trickle down works. He painted himself into a corner, now he can't do what could actually fix shit.
$

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 03:28:14 AM »

I never get why those who produce union free and offer lower prices are evil??

I guess real production makes the bs artist cringe.