Author Topic: Ron Paul retiring - Farewell speech to Congress  (Read 7921 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Ron Paul retiring - Farewell speech to Congress
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:32:27 PM »
P.I.P you old principled bastard. Sad day for the Republic IMHO.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

*Image courtesy of 240 or black*

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Ron Paul retiring - Farewell speech to Congress
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 08:38:15 PM »
A good man. Wish there were more like him.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:07:34 PM »
The man who singlehandedly restored my fath in America and Conservatism.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:28:17 PM »
A question from a non American...

...how is it that Ron Paul did not get into a position to challenge for the Presidency? I haven't watched everything he's ever said, but from what I've seen, he seemed like a decent guy and he made a lot more sense than any of the other candidates. What turned people off him?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »

...how is it that Ron Paul did not get into a position to challenge for the Presidency? I haven't watched everything he's ever said, but from what I've seen, he seemed like a decent guy and he made a lot more sense than any of the other candidates. What turned people off him?

The oval office is not won through election, it's merely rented out by the oligarchs.  Democracy only exists in a thinly veiled appearance masked by the underlining fact that policy is bought and paid for by the highest bidder and the puppets are lined with the spoils.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:10 PM »

Americans have become spoiled brats that do not want to be financially responsible in their personal lives and neither do the politicians because no politician will get elected if they endorse responsible policies.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 04:14:16 AM »
The oval office is not won through election, it's merely rented out by the oligarchs.  Democracy only exists in a thinly veiled appearance masked by the underlining fact that policy is bought and paid for by the highest bidder and the puppets are lined with the spoils.

Americans have become spoiled brats that do not want to be financially responsible in their personal lives and neither do the politicians because no politician will get elected if they endorse responsible policies.

^^These.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 04:31:26 AM »

Well put - sad specimen functionality just got the upper hand and we're suffering as a whole.

Hahahaha - 240 or black

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 06:21:57 AM »
I don't know that it's just you guys. Most Aussies I know would fit into that description as well. The credit card debt in Oz is insane - there's little sense of responsibility and everyone needs instant gratification.

It's shame about Ron Paul though. Like I said, I only have a very small perspective based on what I've seen of him, but I thought his message would have been plain enough to even the most bottom feeding trailer trash. He seems like a decent man who wants his country to do well again. That's at least the basic message I took from him. None of the hyperbole and shit that was coming from the others. Don't know how he could have been ignored like he was.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 06:23:59 AM »

His crazy train is on a different track than the crazy train of the Republican base.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 06:36:58 AM »
Probably best speech I have ever heard from him.  Epic and Timeless.

P.I.P you old principled bastard. Sad day for the Republic IMHO.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

*Image courtesy of 240 or black*

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 07:30:55 AM »

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 07:37:44 AM »
I don't know that it's just you guys. Most Aussies I know would fit into that description as well. The credit card debt in Oz is insane - there's little sense of responsibility and everyone needs instant gratification.

Yes this is by all means not limited to Americans. Most of Europe is fucked too. Credit has made it possible for nations and individuals to purchase things they otherwise couldn't afford to buy by saving. I personally have some bad debt, but I sure as hell have less debt than my annual income - which U.S. currently almost has.

To simplify this, if your income is $50k and you have $50k of credit card debt, how long is it going to take to pay back - after paying your other bills? Ok, let's say you pay back $200 / month and your debt has a super low interest rate, let's say 2%. How long would it take to pay that back? Answer: 27 years.

Japan is even worse, their national debt is 250% of their income.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 07:56:46 AM »
Yes this is by all means not limited to Americans. Most of Europe is fucked too. Credit has made it possible for nations and individuals to purchase things they otherwise couldn't afford to buy by saving. I personally have some bad debt, but I sure as hell have less debt than my annual income - which U.S. currently almost has.

To simplify this, if your income is $50k and you have $50k of credit card debt, how long is it going to take to pay back - after paying your other bills? Ok, let's say you pay back $200 / month and your debt has a super low interest rate, let's say 2%. How long would it take to pay that back? Answer: 27 years.

Japan is even worse, their national debt is 250% of their income.

Japan will pull out unharmed - they're building debt collecting robots as we speak.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 08:11:49 AM »
Why do we not smarten up and vote people like Ron Paul into office? Instead we are damned to make the same mistakes over and over and over again and again its fucking sysifus shit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 08:13:31 AM »
Why do we not smarten up and vote people like Ron Paul into office? Instead we are damned to make the same mistakes over and over and over again and again its fucking sysifus shit.

You cheerlead Obama - STFU 

Obama is the opposite of Ron Paul

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 08:19:21 AM »
You cheerlead Obama - STFU 

Obama is the opposite of Ron Paul

Do us all a favor and stfu - there are grown ups talking kiddo.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »
btw

Another person that is delivering crazy good speeches and says it as it is

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 08:43:37 AM »
its the whole world thats in debt, ppl are just irresponsible financialy and spoiled brats feeling entitled for everything these days.

that being said , ron paul is a thief who stole election donations and stopped running and hes a racist and a moron.

his foreign policy sounds good, though.

fucking THIS!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 08:48:26 AM »
its the whole world thats in debt, ppl are just irresponsible financialy and spoiled brats feeling entitled for everything these days.

that being said , ron paul is a thief who stole election donations and stopped running and hes a racist and a moron.

Perhaps racist, but no one is perfect.

I do not think he's a "moron".

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 09:06:25 AM »

Don't believe everything you hear. He's probably the one dude that ran that espouses true equality.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 09:27:32 AM »
hes absolutely not a samaritan for equality, absolutely not.

What makes you believe that?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »
he advices the smallest amount of government and least restrictions on any enterprise.

read up on him, from critical sources.

at first i thought the guy is great, not anymore though.
And somehow this makes him racist?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
Do us all a favor and stfu - there are grown ups talking kiddo.

Silence Reichswurst!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 10:02:56 AM »
he advices the smallest amount of government and least restrictions on any enterprise.

That's what we like about him.