Author Topic: Gov Susana Martinez: It's time to "play ball" on Amnesty  (Read 2876 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Gov Susana Martinez: It's time to "play ball" on Amnesty
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 06:50:06 PM »
It's like saying "This girl I'm dating is sweet, pretty, funny, sexy, but she does like to stab puppies once or twice a week.  I don't like everything she does, like stabbing puppies, but the good totally outweighs the bad".

Supporting amnesty is a deal-breaker for any true conservative.  Anyone who disagrees isn't a true conservative, and I think most here will agree with that.

You should repeat some of the really asinine hypotheticals you come up with out loud.  Might help you sound more reasonable.  

Or maybe not. :-\

You're not a true conservative.  You're not a conservative period.  And conservatives will be voting for whomever the Republican nominee is.  That nominee is going to be supporting some form of amnesty, just like the rest of the Republican party.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 06:55:38 PM »
You should repeat some of the really asinine hypotheticals you come up with out loud.  Might help you sound more reasonable.  

Or maybe not. :-\

You're not a true conservative.  You're not a conservative period.  And conservatives will be voting for whomever the Republican nominee is.  That nominee is going to be supporting some form of amnesty, just like the rest of the Republican party.  

I'm sure this guy will keep his mouth shut and tow the party line

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »
You're not a true conservative.  You're not a conservative period.  And conservatives will be voting for whomever the Republican nominee is. That nominee is going to be supporting some form of amnesty, just like the rest of the Republican party. 

Actually, the 2008 and 2012 elections have shown up that a nice chunk of the republican/conservative base WILL NOT show up and vote for "whoever the republican nominee is". 

Remember? 

The RINOs will, I suppose.  but the base stayed home whne mccain and romney ran, because they saw them as fake conservatives.  Any candidate that supports amnesty will also be viewed as a fake conservative.

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2014, 02:54:27 AM »
Let's get real here.

At the end of the day the vast majority of politicians are gonna speak from a position that, first and foremost, keeps them in power.

Fuck... that's it!!! You cracked the code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRILLLIANT!!!!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2014, 11:05:09 AM »

I don't know about that.

There are estimates that over 3 million stayed home instead of voting for Romney.

I don't see a lot of conservatives motivated to vote for anyone who doesn't take a strong stand of securing the borders first and strengthening deportations procedures before even discussing a pathway to citizenship

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2014, 12:49:42 PM »
There are estimates that over 3 million stayed home instead of voting for Romney.

I don't see a lot of conservatives motivated to vote for anyone who doesn't take a strong stand of securing the borders first and strengthening deportations procedures before even discussing a pathway to citizenship

It has to be this...

Repubs like Reice Priebus - bookworms that don't actually shake hands and talk to people all day - have run the numbers and decided the LOSS of base voters is acceptable because they'll GAIN more hispanic votes.

The problem here is that these are the same bookworms that decided a moderate McCain was the most electable in 2008.  These are the same bookworms that worked to keep Ron Paul's voice out of the 2012 RNC convention, which resulted in a lot of his supporters staying home on election day.

RINOs will vote for a repub that supports amnesty.
I'm not sure every TRUE conservative will look at a guy saying "it's okay to cross the border and break the law because it's based in love" and get up and vote. 

Think about what it means to let these illegals stay - they break the law, they often falsify paperwork to work, drive, etc... they use public resources and often create crime by leaving scene of accidents or committing far worse acts because ,well, it's much harder to catch someone with no info in system with every motivation to run.   

Your point is correct - Conservatives wilL NOT be voting for whoever the repub nominee is.   2008 and 2012 prove that quite easily.  Nothing to debate, to be honest.  it's wishful thinking, at best.

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 12:13:52 AM »
It has to be this...

Repubs like Reice Priebus - bookworms that don't actually shake hands and talk to people all day - have run the numbers and decided the LOSS of base voters is acceptable because they'll GAIN more hispanic votes.

The problem here is that these are the same bookworms that decided a moderate McCain was the most electable in 2008.  These are the same bookworms that worked to keep Ron Paul's voice out of the 2012 RNC convention, which resulted in a lot of his supporters staying home on election day.

RINOs will vote for a repub that supports amnesty.
I'm not sure every TRUE conservative will look at a guy saying "it's okay to cross the border and break the law because it's based in love" and get up and vote. 

Think about what it means to let these illegals stay - they break the law, they often falsify paperwork to work, drive, etc... they use public resources and often create crime by leaving scene of accidents or committing far worse acts because ,well, it's much harder to catch someone with no info in system with every motivation to run.   

Your point is correct - Conservatives wilL NOT be voting for whoever the repub nominee is.   2008 and 2012 prove that quite easily.  Nothing to debate, to be honest.  it's wishful thinking, at best.

Describe your best case scenario; you've put a lot of thoughts into this and I'm very curious.

GodSpeed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 05:33:55 PM »
Still, I bet Trump chooses her for veep, not that we have learned Carly FioRINO is a lying bag of shit.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 05:53:33 PM »
Still, I bet Trump chooses her for veep, not that we have learned Carly FioRINO is a lying bag of shit.

Interesting.

Martinez definitely has the likability factor and from a political standpoint looks great on camera but her mic skills need a bit of touching up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 07:45:58 PM »
Interesting.

Martinez definitely has the likability factor and from a political standpoint looks great on camera but her mic skills need a bit of touching up.

the right-wing base loves her because she uses gun calibers like puppets, reminding everyone she cannot open up a can of banked beans without using "my ol' trusty 45 ACP, am I right everyone?"

being female = nullifies any hilary female impact
being hispanic = forgives a lot of the anti-Trump minority hate

Fiorino was the early favorite, but ended up being a lying warmonger, so I think she's out.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2015, 02:50:14 PM »
if she really made those statements, she is an activist at heart and cannot be trusted. she will fold instantly and open the floodgates.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2015, 03:07:44 PM »
the right-wing base loves her because she uses gun calibers like puppets, reminding everyone she cannot open up a can of banked beans without using "my ol' trusty 45 ACP, am I right everyone?"

being female = nullifies any hilary female impact
being hispanic = forgives a lot of the anti-Trump minority hate

Fiorino was the early favorite, but ended up being a lying warmonger, so I think she's out.

A little ditzy and seemingly has trouble reading the teleprompter at times. Giving a speech in front of a big crowd isn't her strongest suit either.

However she comes across really well in interviews given at her house or on a couch some where and definitely passes the "look" test. Also seems somewhat trustworthy.

Hard to see her jumping on board with Trump after his hard line rhetoric on immigration but I agree with your point that from an optics standpoint she would be a good foil if going against Hillary for the same reasons you stated. Bitchy, spoiled, old white liberal hag versus more of a laid back, Southwestern, values espousing Hispanic woman.

Probably would try to limit her involvement too much though because you wouldn't want her to be exposed.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2015, 03:28:14 PM »
I can't do rino....cruz has gone soft a tiny bit here and there but overall he's as con as we're going to get so I'm all ride or die with this guy.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2015, 05:42:28 PM »
I can't do rino....cruz has gone soft a tiny bit here and there but overall he's as con as we're going to get so I'm all ride or die with this guy.

truth.