Author Topic: Fuck Cancer - #1 killer  (Read 10821 times)

peruke

• Getbig III
Re: FUCK CANCER!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »
ITS TAKEN BOTH MY GRANDFATHERS!!!! NOW IM HOURS AWAY FROM LOSING MY GRANDMOTHER!!! I HOPE MY FELLOW GETBIGGERS ARENT GOING THRU THIS BULLSHIT!!!BE SAFE OUT THERE AND MUCH LOVE MY FELLOW GETBIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!

I have lost family to it too!!   I am sorry about your loss....

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »
TB, sorry for your loss.

Ive lost my grandma and aunt to cancer.

4 people from my junior high school also died of cancer.

My biggest fear is getting cancer. Seems like its so prevalent. Very scary.
X

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 04:11:56 PM »
9 posts and you are a Getbigger?

Your situation is unfortunate.

Respect,

THE BEEF

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2012, 04:29:16 PM »
fuck war too, war is bad, im against wars.

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »
There's way more money in actually CURING cancer as it's so prevailent, no need for these conspiracy theories. That aside - do any of you have at least a basic understanding of what actually IS cancer and how it begins/evolves/etc..? I guess - no, as it's a VERY complicated dissease. Basically - the day cancer will start to seriously go away, will be the day we'll be able to control the cellular processes anough to make AGING slow down/stop or even - reverse.
 FUCK AGING, not cancer, as it's the MAIN culprit for basically all the major disseases (which not by a mistake are called "Old age dissease"). I'm amazed how majority of people are still living in that "deathist" trance, feeling helpless, etc.. when IN FACT - that process is controllable, it's just a matter of time AND funding) before it'll be taken under a serious control. Worry about that, not about cancer, cardiovascular dissease or other shit, that's just "fixing" the consequences, not the main cause). SOme of you may get cancer, some CVD, some alzheimers and all the other big "names", but one thing that will haunt all is AGING, how about beating this one? Yeah, I'm pretty sure not many of people are capable of thinking "outside the box", but these who are - support the initiatives like SENS, The Manhattan project, etc..

Exactly. All this talk about "holding back" a cure for profit is fu**ing nonsense. Cancer is an exceptionally complicated disease with no two cancers the same. Each cancer has a unique genetic profile even if it originates from the same type of cell. So there will never be a "cure" for cancer. More important than anything, these cancer cells are ALMOST normal, meaning it isn't easy to selectively kill them over the normal cells. That's why chemotherapy is associated with such serious side effects. The principles of microevolution are also very much at work in cancer biology. By the time a cancer is discovered, it's replicated to billions of cells. And when you have billions of cells, there is a damn good chance that one of them will have "accidentally" accumulated a mutation that renders it resistant to medication.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 04:46:29 PM »
Sorry to hear this. I understand the pain, anger and frustration. I lost my mother to  (squamous cell) tongue cancer in 2003.  She was the glue of the family. Things haven't been the same since she got sick.  Best wishes for your family.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 06:20:06 PM »
There's way more money in actually CURING cancer as it's so prevailent, no need for these conspiracy theories. That aside - do any of you have at least a basic understanding of what actually IS cancer and how it begins/evolves/etc..? I guess - no, as it's a VERY complicated dissease. Basically - the day cancer will start to seriously go away, will be the day we'll be able to control the cellular processes anough to make AGING slow down/stop or even - reverse.
 FUCK AGING, not cancer, as it's the MAIN culprit for basically all the major disseases (which not by a mistake are called "Old age dissease"). I'm amazed how majority of people are still living in that "deathist" trance, feeling helpless, etc.. when IN FACT - that process is controllable, it's just a matter of time AND funding) before it'll be taken under a serious control. Worry about that, not about cancer, cardiovascular dissease or other shit, that's just "fixing" the consequences, not the main cause). SOme of you may get cancer, some CVD, some alzheimers and all the other big "names", but one thing that will haunt all is AGING, how about beating this one? Yeah, I'm pretty sure not many of people are capable of thinking "outside the box", but these who are - support the initiatives like SENS, The Manhattan project, etc..

Its not "AGING" its the one directional ENTROPY of TIME: from an orderly start to eventual disorder that kills us, life, the universe, EVERYTHING!

Unfortunately we can't reverse "aging" anymore than we can reverse time.

Malformed DNA cell replication AKA 'cancer' must be respected for it's ability to adapt and survive.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 07:02:02 PM »
Its not "AGING" its the one directional ENTROPY of TIME: from an orderly start to eventual disorder that kills us, life, the universe, EVERYTHING!

Unfortunately we can't reverse "aging" anymore than we can reverse time.

Malformed DNA cell replication AKA 'cancer' must be respected for it's ability to adapt and survive.
Seriously?  It kills the host. And itself with it. Dumbass.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »
Merkel cell cancer killed my best friend in 6 months.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 08:18:54 PM »
cancer sucks but it really sucks to see little kids with it, they never even started to live

this^^^heart breaking

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 08:42:40 PM »
Paleontologists have found fossils of dinosaurs that had cancer...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »

Heard the dinosaurs cured cancer so the Hierarchy had to kill off the dinosaurs and the car that runs on water

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2012, 09:01:54 PM »
Heard the dinosaurs cured cancer so the Hierarchy had to kill off the dinosaurs and the car that runs on water
What about the Tyrannosaurus in Benghazi or Building 11 that Godzilla brought down on September 11th?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2012, 09:04:27 PM »
What about the Tyrannosaurus in Benghazi or Building 11 that Godzilla brought down on September 11th?

lol

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »

Cancer through history timeline

80 million years ago 
Dinosaur bone fossils from this period show possible evidence of containing cancerous cells.

~ 500,000 BC
Tumour on bone found belonging to our pre-human ancestors.

3000 BC
Evidence of cancer found in Egyptian mummies from this period.

2500-1600 BC
Egyptian papyruses contain the earliest written records of cancer. There is a description of eight cases of tumours or ulcers of the breast, including whether each is treatable.

Others describe treatments including cutting out with a knife or burning with red-hot irons. Stomach cancer was treated with boiled barley mixed with dates, and cancer of the uterus by a concoction of fresh dates mixed with pig's brain introduced into the vagina.

400 BC
Evidence of cancer found in mummies of pre-Columbian Incas of Peru.

300 BC
Hippocrates, the Greek 'Father of Medicine', named a range of tumours, lumps and bumps as carcinos (Greek word meaning crab) and carcinoma. He also attempted to classify tumours.

Roman writer Galen described tumours as cancer because they had roots spreading out like the legs of a crab. He thought cancer was caused by too much black bile in the body, which he thought to be corrosive.

50 AD
Like the Greeks, the Romans found that some tumours could be removed by surgery and cauterised (burnt), but no medicine seemed to work. They found that surgery sometimes increased the spread of the cancer, or that tumours sometimes grew again.

400 AD
Hindu physician and surgeon Susrata suggested different treatments for different types of cancer, including no treatment for cancers that had spread. Other treatments included removal with a knife, cautery and corrosive ointments.

500 -1500 AD
Little progress was made in understanding cancer. It was still believed to be caused by too much black bile. Surgery and cautery were used on smaller tumours.

Caustic (burning) pastes were used for control of more extensive cancer. These pastes often contained toxic plant based preparations such as hemlock or metals. Examples of metals included iron, copper, zinc, silver, gold, mercury and particularly lead and arsenic.

Phlebotomy (blood-letting), diet, herbal medicines, powder of crab and other symbolic charms were used.

Autopsies (examining bodies to find out the cause of death) were conducted more often and understanding of internal cancers began to improve.

New theories of cancer began emerging to challenge Galen’s ‘excess of black bile’ idea, including Paracelsus’s theory that concentrations of mineral salts were the cause of cancer.

The development of microscopes and better understanding of cells and the blood and lymphatic systems were major steps in improving understanding of cancer.

Harvey’s discovery of the circulation of the blood, and Leeuwenhoek and Malpighi’s inspection of red blood cells under the first microscopes finally proved that black bile did not exist. Descartes developed a ‘sour lump’ theory based on the discovery of the lymph system. He thought a ‘sour lump’ would develop cancer.

Causes for some cancers were suggested. For example, snuff was linked to cancer in the nose and soot to scrotal cancer in chimney sweeps. Some people thought cancer was an infectious disease, or caused by a cancer toxin.

1840-1900
Improved microscopes enabled detailed studies of plant and animal cells and led to an understanding that tissue growth was a result of cell multiplication.  Johannes Muller applied this to cancer, and helped establish the concept of cancer as abnormal cell growth.

Subsequently, Virchow contributed to our knowledge of the stages of tumour formation and the structure of the cancer cell. Other researchers showed that cancer cells travelled from one organ to another via the blood or lymph.

Pasteur’s discoveries suggested that germs may be responsible for some cancers. Numerous efforts to prove this in later decades were unsuccessful.

Important discoveries in anaesthetics and control of infection improved surgical methods. Billroth performed a successful operation for stomach cancer and Halsted developed a radical operation for breast cancer.

X-rays were discovered.

The radioactive substance, radium was discovered. It is now used to treat some types of cancer.

Hundreds of materials, both man-made and natural, were recognised as causes of cancer (carcinogens). Improvements were made identifying diseases and the changes those diseases bring about in the body, due to advances in areas of science such as physiology, biochemistry and molecular biology.

1900-1950
Radiotherapy which is the  use of radiation to kill cancer cells or stop them dividing was developed as a treatment.

Chemotherapy which is the use of drugs to treat cancer was tested. The first chemotherapy drug was based on mustard gas, that had been used during the war. Chemotherapy drugs are toxic to all cells, not just cancer cells.

Two genes (BRCA1 & BRAC2) are identified that increase the risk of breast cancer.

The human genome is sequenced. Scientists mapped the location of every gene within chromosomes and deciphered the complete sequence of the genome’s 3 billion nucleotides.

Since then, The Cancer Genome Atlas Project is looking to identify the complete set of genes associated with various forms of cancer. The project will produce a list of all mutations associated with cancerous tumours. It will be used to develop new strategies for preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 09:24:02 PM »
Seriously?  It kills the host. And itself with it. Dumbass.

Order to disorder. Learn to read manbimbo!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 09:27:45 PM »
Oh, forgot

Obese message board poster "Johnny Falcon" comes up with cure for cancer when thousands and thousands of more brilliant minds could not.  Other message poster "GH15" hides 'cure' due to his Luna security oath as well as the pleadings of nirubibooboo aliens

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 09:29:03 PM »
ITS TAKEN BOTH MY GRANDFATHERS!!!! NOW IM HOURS AWAY FROM LOSING MY GRANDMOTHER!!! I HOPE MY FELLOW GETBIGGERS ARENT GOING THRU THIS BULLSHIT!!!BE SAFE OUT THERE AND MUCH LOVE MY FELLOW GETBIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear this. Hang in. My wife's mother passed away from Cancer a few years ago. We saw her die in front of us and it was terrible to see the family's sorrow.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 09:59:21 PM »
Cancer indeed sucks.  According to statistics, a good percentage of people reading this thread will die of cancer at a future date.   I've had people very close to me..  Formerly healthy 200lb men eaten away to half their bodyweight in just a few months because of Cancer eating them.   Just a terrible disease.   I hope they find a cure for this disease someday.   

mrgut

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 10:49:51 PM »
I hear ya. Lost my dad just a couple weeks ago to cancer.

tacobender

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2012, 11:30:16 PM »
thxguys i appreciate all the condolences   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2012, 11:57:28 PM »
Stupidest most irresponsible thing that Ive seen. Morons who believe in this nonsense are a danger to society
What is your education background? What do you believe regarding oncology then?  Do you feel the current medical approach is best?   Please take a fucking look around and open your eyes. The "poison, cut, nuke" method is obviously a major FAIL. Do you know that breast cancer doesn't exist in poor African countries? But it's rising exponentially every year in the US.  There's a reason Americans are expected to see a 75% increase in cancer diagnoses by the year 2030...it's not "cancers fault", it's our own for allowing our bodies to create a friendly environment for cancer to thrive. Cancer is simply the REACTION.

I have a close friend named Charlie Majors whos also a doctor that had stage 4 brain cancer. He followed many of the principles outlined in this video, along with a few others (pm me for details), and completely recovered and killed his cancer. He has published a book regarding his journey and his "controversial" approach to battling cancer. It's not rocket science here. The guy understood the disease and the principles of healing, and followed the necessary steps. Cancer is a response mechanism to a malfunctioning cell. The toxic environment and inadequate nervous system is what allows cancer to proliferate. It is IMPOSSIBLE for cancer cells to "turn on" if your nervous system is functioning optimally and your body is in a state of alkalosis.

We know what cancer needs to thrive: acidic environment, lack of O2, and sugar. Give your body the opposite of this and cancer can not continue to grow and will die.

-Cancer Meltdown-

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2012, 12:01:51 AM »
We know what cancer needs to thrive: acidic environment, lack of O2, and sugar. Give your body the opposite of this and cancer can not continue to grow and will die.

-Cancer Meltdown-

what's in your tupperware these days, chiro?

???

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2012, 12:04:43 AM »
what's in your tupperware these days, chiro?

???
Snickers ice cream bars (pre workout)

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2012, 12:09:44 AM »
Snickers ice cream bars (pre workout)

come on bro, be level with me