Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 19, 2014, 06:11:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuck Cancer - #1 killer  (Read 3758 times)
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 01:17:03 AM »

In my case the key to beating cancer was early detection. After having a prostatectomy last July, my PSA is down to .02 which means the cancer is undetectable. Let's hope it stays that way!
Report to moderator   Logged
falco
Getbig V

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 03:30:14 AM »

Stanger than old people dying of cancer is LOTS of fiends in their 20's and 30's having it. Not even talking about 1-2 year old babies. It is spreading like the flu.
gracie bjj
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 07:01:15 AM »

In my case the key to beating cancer was early detection. After having a prostatectomy last July, my PSA is down to .02 which means the cancer is undetectable. Let's hope it stays that way!

primemuscle did u have to ask for the prostatectomy or did the doctor recommend it? im just curious cause i hear horror stories of guys getting normal psa readings n stuff only to find out they have cancer when its to late, im glad your doing okay n recovering

R
DEFCON
Getbig IV

LSD, 100 g, i.m.

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 07:25:37 AM »

Cancer is big business.  They will NEVER cure it, just "treat" it...

This, the scary opinion, is correct. Just what will happen to all the foundations, clinics, research money, etc that pays salaries to many many people. It is not in anyones best interest, except the patient, to find a cure. Same with illegal immigration or the war on drugs. So many jobs are tied to these that they depend on the problem to have jobs and funding

This idea is just bullshit.  There are so many cancers out there that a cure for all of them is probably hundreds of years away.  We have many great advancements in some cancers already.
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 08:39:53 AM »

stopping cancer?  Take away all cellular and wireless technology, get rid of pesticides and that would be a good start
da_vinci
Getbig IV

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »

stopping cancer?  Take away all cellular and wireless technology, get rid of pesticides and that would be a good start

No that wouldn't. Cancer is closely tied to cell senescence (genes like p65 and alike genes, involved in the tissue renewal/cell replication, etc.. AND - control of tumor formation). A good start would be to start actually curing the senescence, everything else is just a blow against the wind.

Tho' targeted therapies and other new kind of stuff will be available relatively soon, mortality from cancer should not be higher than from a flu currently, in like 15-20 years (progress is not linear, it's exponential, so don't base your predictions on a current pace of progress/achievements) so these in their 20's/30's should be pretty calm regarding that. But who cares - many other old age related illness will persist, a general degenaration and decay of a cellular structures. Tho' SOMEHOW (!) dieing from cancer is "wrong", but dieing from an old age is considered "natural" and even "good" (da fukk?)..
Raymondo
Getbig V

Ray of sunshine

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2012, 08:53:14 AM »

No that wouldn't. Cancer is closely tied to cell senescence (genes like p65 and alike genes, involved in the tissue renewal/cell replication, etc.. AND - control of tumor formation). A good start would be to start actually curing the senescence, everything else is just a blow against the wind.

Tho' targeted therapies and other new kind of stuff will be available relatively soon, mortality from cancer should not be higher than from a flu currently, in like 15-20 years (progress is not linear, it's exponential, so don't base your predictions on a current pace of progress/achievements) so these in their 20's/30's should be pretty calm regarding that. But who cares - many other old age related illness will persist, a general degenaration and decay of a cellular structures. Tho' SOMEHOW (!) dieing from cancer is "wrong", but dieing from an old age is considered "natural" and even "good" (da fukk?)..

cephissus
Getbig V

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 12:37:33 PM »

ray, want  to wager on the source of da_vinci's immense, childlike fear of death? Grin
Raymondo
Getbig V

Ray of sunshine

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2012, 12:51:15 PM »

ray, want  to wager on the source of da_vinci's immense, childlike fear of death? Grin

haha

da_vinci is not bad, I just think he takes wackos like ray kurzweil too seriously. Kurzweil thinks he will resurrect his dead father using "nanomachines".
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

My father died from stomach cancer. My maternal grandmother died from bone cancer. My maternal aunt died from brain cancer. My mom had cervical cancer. My fraternal aunt died from bone cancer. My fraternal grandfather died from complications caused by a life long struggle with leukemia. There is probably more, but this is what I know about.

The medical profession once held that any cancer in your family put you at risk for getting it....earlier rather than later. These days the belief is that one is genetically predisposed to more specific cancers. Hence, my having prostate cancer is not necessarily the result of my forefathers and relatives having cancers.

What I know for certain is that I have experienced a few low-grade "pre-cancers" in the past, all of which were caught and treated early on because my doctors were on guard for my getting cancer. Had it not been for my family history, my doctors and I may not have been a diligent.

Still, it is wise to realize that medical science is ever changing. This is one reason it is known as the "practice" of medicine....they are just "practicing" in hopes of getting it right someday.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2012, 01:08:45 PM »

primemuscle did u have to ask for the prostatectomy or did the doctor recommend it? im just curious cause i hear horror stories of guys getting normal psa readings n stuff only to find out they have cancer when its to late, im glad your doing okay n recovering

After it was determined that I had prostate cancer as a result of two biopsies, my doctor laid out all the options for me. Because I am fairly young and very healthy, the option to completely remove the prostate seemed the best to me. However, I joined a prostate cancer group and went to several meeting where I met men who chose other options, such as do nothing, radiation, chemical castration, and chemotherapy. In each of these choices there were good and bad results. Ultimately, my experience with this group confirmed to me that the Da Vinci prostatectomy was the best choice for me.
Dr Dutch
Getbig V

The flying Dutchmen

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »

Cancer is more than 80% genetics. You can live like a health guru all your life, but if your (grand)parents died from cancer, best bet is that you will get it too. Sad but true...
Big Chiro Flex
Competitors
Getbig V

FREE FOOZLE

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »

Cancer is more than 80% genetics. You can live like a health guru all your life, but if your (grand)parents died from cancer, best bet is that you will get it too. Sad but true...
There is research that disputes this bro.  I've seen data indicating as low as 20% is "due to genetics."  Remember that environment determines how genes are expressed.
da_vinci
Getbig IV

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »

Consciously I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of a slow degeneration, called aging. There's nothing to be afraid of death, a nothingness.. Wait a min - are you trying to say that death is a good thing and we should accept it (as a biochemical structure, which main goal is to SURVIVE and LIVE)?
da_vinci
Getbig IV

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2012, 01:58:54 PM »

haha

da_vinci is not bad, I just think he takes wackos like ray kurzweil too seriously. Kurzweil thinks he will resurrect his dead father using "nanomachines".

He's not a wacko. An extremly intelligent visionaire - yes. As for his father - I guess that was more for a "plot" of the movie, aside that - it's probably in SOME sense possible with a very poerwful AI, at least in a cyber way, to reconstruct "kind of" a personality of his father, out of all these writings, personal data, etc.. Theoretically it's feasible, even if very far stretched.
The Abdominal Snoman
Getbig V

^^^HIERARCHY APPROVED^^^

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2012, 02:16:39 PM »

Keep your yeast levels in your body down
sync pulse
Getbig IV

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2012, 06:57:24 PM »

stopping cancer?  Take away all cellular and wireless technology, get rid of pesticides and that would be a good start

Organisms developed cancer millennia ago when there were no pesticides or nonionizing radiation...cellular reproduction sometimes is just not perfect.
cephissus
Getbig V

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2012, 07:04:01 PM »

Consciously I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of a slow degeneration, called aging. There's nothing to be afraid of death, a nothingness.. Wait a min - are you trying to say that death is a good thing and we should accept it (as a biochemical structure, which main goal is to SURVIVE and LIVE)?

what's the difference between surviving and living?
RadOncDoc
Getbig II

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 08:55:28 PM »

Targeted therapies are useful in a few select cancers and even then the effects are short-lived. Off the top of my head, I can think of one or two cancers-CML and GIST-where a targeted therapy has sustained benefit, but other than that, eventually the cells become resistant.  There are so many pathways disrupted in cancer cells that targeting one specific receptor, for example (which is what these targeted therapies do), will only temporarily halt growth, but never cure the patient. The bottom line is the best way to cure cancer is to catch it early before it's spread. After it's spread, it's acquired enough genetic changes to make it almost impossible to cure (save for the few exquisitely chemo-sensitive cancers). And in case you can't tell from my screen name, I treat this stuff for a living.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2012, 12:17:52 AM »

what's the difference between surviving and living?

Not that I know the answer to this, but I think the difference is living is all about enjoying life while surviving is all about getting to the next day alive regardless of how that is accomplished.
bigkubby
Getbig IV

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2012, 12:30:16 AM »

WTF IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD? FUCK OFF guy!!!!

i
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »

WTF IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD? FUCK OFF guy!!!!

I guess you are fairly dense.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!