Author Topic: Is anyone working in America?  (Read 2486 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Is anyone working in America?
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »
Call a company with a question about their product.  Bob's the guy you REALLY need to speak to but he's off with a bad case of the crabs today.

But we can give you Bill, who can't tell you how much anything costs or if it's in stock.

Or Ed, who likes to think hard before saying anything.  Don't leave me hangin' Ed.

Shirley is still learning how to transfer the phone calls.  Hi Shirley, me again.

Harold is having a hard day.  Just send him an email and as soon as he has the time he'll never get back to you.

Tom has exactly what you want to buy.  He can't sell it to you.  You'll have to call his distributor.  It's not his decision if they won't ship overseas.

I don't want to hear anymore bitching about hard economic times.  These dipshits couldn't take a leak without fumbling their own dick.  America, I am disappoint.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Is anyone working in America?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »
This is true, a lot of lazy people in America crying about no work.  I'm trying to put an addition on my house, and getting subs to call back with pricing is not happening as fast as it should.  I also sent the plans to three material suppliers for takeoff/bid, and one of them is dragging his feet.  I am waiting on his number, but unless it comes back stupid low, I will not use it.  This country blows sometimes.  Everybody feels entitled.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:13:33 AM »
A friend of mine owns a very popular restaurant.  He had a sign up looking for bus boys and dishwashers.  he said not one white or black person applied.  Just Mexicans.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 04:49:58 PM »
A nation of call center operators and confused sales bureaucrats.  Never mind finding someone who knows technical specifications, you can't even buy anything.  There's always some unfortunate circumstance.  You literally cannot exchange money for a product with these people.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 04:52:22 PM »
All these call centers are in India.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 04:56:24 PM »
It's also nearly impossible to go to the doctor's office without the insurance/billing getting screwed up.  Incompetence at every step. 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »
the richer people get, the lazier they get.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »
the richer people get, the lazier they get.

Yeah right.

Have you seen the typical Obama Voter?

Lazy fucks.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »
Patience and Thrift.  Two things Americans forget too easily.  We are too easily swayed in buying overly-expensive houses with overly-expensive cars in a vain attempt to impress other people that we don't even know(like the Getbig boards...where the poorest asshole lives in a mansion in India).

Another thing we don't know is humility.  I obtained a CJ degree and worked in Corrections and private security management.  I got tired of it and went on to learn how to paint cars.  Took some classes and having people 10 years my junior telling me what to do I find myself in a happy place.  I enjoy the hustle and bustle and a normal 9 to 5 workday where I can actually see results from my labor. 

I work.  And I work hard. 

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 05:51:15 PM »
Patience and Thrift.  Two things Americans forget too easily.  We are too easily swayed in buying overly-expensive houses with overly-expensive cars in a vain attempt to impress other people that we don't even know(like the Getbig boards...where the poorest asshole lives in a mansion in India).

Another thing we don't know is humility.  I obtained a CJ degree and worked in Corrections and private security management.  I got tired of it and went on to learn how to paint cars.  Took some classes and having people 10 years my junior telling me what to do I find myself in a happy place.  I enjoy the hustle and bustle and a normal 9 to 5 workday where I can actually see results from my labor. 

Good post.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 06:01:07 PM »

Beautiful story MemberX. :'(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 06:06:58 PM »
Something to be said for being happy in a blue collar job. I find myself much happier doing a blue collar job (machining) than I ever did in any of the other job fields I've been in (retail/service/management)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 06:22:43 PM »
I find myself much happier doing a blue collar job  than I ever did in any of the other job fields I've been in

Same here

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 06:24:03 PM »
Lots of Americans comming up to Canada to Work. Our company just hired 4 of them

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 06:24:59 PM »
There are tons of jobs that Americans think they are "too good" for.

Lots of lazy fuckers in the US.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »
Something to be said for being happy in a blue collar job. I find myself much happier doing a blue collar job (machining) than I ever did in any of the other job fields I've been in (retail/service/management)

Propos, blue collar jobs are what really makes the economy move, literalily. What kind of activity do you do?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
this thread defines the word

American't

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 06:48:28 PM »
Propos, blue collar jobs are what really makes the economy moves, literalily. What kind of activity do you do?
Automotive race machining. I just applied at an Aerospace company to do 5 axis CNC machining.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 06:53:07 PM »
Automotive race machining. I just applied at an Aerospace company to do 5 axis CNC machining.

cool, what jbgray said about being able to SEE the result of your work is really awesome.

Coming from financial services markets and related stuff, its amazing how 90% of people are there just to generate negative value and get a cut of the pie. Best case scenario a totally unecessary middle man. It really sickens me, like its one really big scheme. And in the end of the day you are tired and the only thing you see as a result is some excel spreadsheet with some bogus and made up numbers on it.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 06:54:14 PM »

say hi to my brother when boeing calls back ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 07:05:12 PM »
Call a company with a question about their product.  Bob's the guy you REALLY need to speak to but he's off with a bad case of the crabs today.

But we can give you Bill, who can't tell you how much anything costs or if it's in stock.

Or Ed, who likes to think hard before saying anything.  Don't leave me hangin' Ed.

Shirley is still learning how to transfer the phone calls.  Hi Shirley, me again.

Harold is having a hard day.  Just send him an email and as soon as he has the time he'll never get back to you.

Tom has exactly what you want to buy.  He can't sell it to you.  You'll have to call his distributor.  It's not his decision if they won't ship overseas.

I don't want to hear anymore bitching about hard economic times.  These dipshits couldn't take a leak without fumbling their own dick.  America, I am disappoint.

Post of the month, thank you!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 07:31:09 PM »
say hi to my brother when boeing calls back ;D
Lol, my best friend works at Boeing in Everett, Wa... I have an app in with them as well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »

But they all gotz OBAMAPHONE! 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
America, greatest country on earth.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 07:59:04 PM »