Author Topic: Rubio should avoid questions like these  (Read 2595 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rubio should avoid questions like these
« on: November 19, 2012, 10:47:53 AM »
Huckabee answered these kind of gotcha Qs quite brilliantly in 2008.  Rubio should take lessons from him.

Tea party-backed Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) says that he’s not sure people will ever know if the Earth was created by God in just seven days because “it’s one of the great mysteries.”

In an interview published in the December issue of GQ magazine, Michael Hainey asked the potential 2016 presidential candidate how old he thought the Earth was.

“I’m not a scientist, man,” Rubio replied. “I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that’s a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States.”

“I’m not a scientist. I don’t think I’m qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says.”

He added: “Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to answer that. It’s one of the great mysteries.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Rubio should avoid questions like these
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:04:45 AM »
This demonstrates why he is not ready to be president - but people like Newt, hilary, jeb, and others actually are.

Rubio is waffling on positions here, scared to commit to either.  Those who are ready to be president don't give a shit about what we think.  They tell us "THis is what I think, and you're free to think what you like".

I hope Rubio doesn't become mitt here, bouncing around in order to try to offend no one.  Write down what you believe, and repeat it for 4 years.  Some will love you, some will hate you, but they'll all BELIEVE you.   We didn't believe mitt - repubs here actually said they had no idea what he'd do in office.

Mr Rubio, if you're reading this, please stop giving a shit about offending anyone - you tell then what you believe, or pass on the question.  Trying to please everyone means no one will trust you. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:25:53 AM »
Rubio is the new golden boy.  Watch - after obama we are going to get 8 years of rubio 

He is "the choice"  of those that matter

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:31:19 AM »
Yes, he should never answer a question that puts him in line with the majority of the country.   ::)  This isn't even a national or federal issue. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »
All Eyez on Him
 GQ [link only!] | December 2012 issue | Michael Hainey

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 2:24:08 PM

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/politics/201212/marco-rubio-interview-gq-december-2012?printable=true&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitte

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 11:34:16 AM »
Yes, he should never answer a question that puts him in line with the majority of the country.   ::)  This isn't even a national or federal issue. 

but we know the earth was created in seven days, so he is wrong if he takes that position. He is also seemingly unaware of geology, biology, astronomy, cosmology, chemistry etc all saying the exact same thing independent of each other.

The majority is dead wrong, makes sense since most don't even know what the periodic table is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 11:36:36 AM »
Yes, he should never answer a question that puts him in line with the majority of the country.   ::)  This isn't even a national or federal issue.  

He didn't answer it - he said "I dont know" and then gave credibility to both potential (and VERY DIFFERENT) answers.

This isn't an article about what the answer is - RATHER, he shoudl avoid half-answering such tricky Qs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »

but we know the earth was created in seven days, so he is wrong if he takes that position. He is also seemingly unaware of geology, biology, astronomy, cosmology, chemistry etc all saying the exact same thing independent of each other.

The majority is dead wrong, makes sense since most don't even know what the periodic table is.

Whether he or the majority is right or wrong, this isn't something the president ever deals with.  Total non-issue. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 11:55:18 AM »
Whether he or the majority is right or wrong, this isn't something the president ever deals with.  Total non-issue. 

I don't think so, I would never vote in someone who is ignorant to such widely known facts. Anyone with a higher education should have a general idea of science. I think more scientist politicians are needed, they would be the most objective.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
I don't think so, I would never vote in someone who is ignorant to such widely known facts. Anyone with a higher education should have a general idea of science. I think more scientist politicians are needed, they would be the most objective.

Then you probably wouldn't be voting for very many candidates.  Still not a legitimate issue for a presidential candidate. 

In any event, there are a plethora of highly educated intelligent people who believe in the Bible, who don't believe in macroevolution, etc. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »
Rubio will be lucky to get on as VP pick.  As for as the main candidate?  HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 12:35:30 PM »
Rubio will be a frontrunner.  I liked Ryan, but thought Rubio should have been the VP pick this year. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 12:38:21 PM »
It wouldn't have saved Romney and if Rubio had been picked, he would have been wise to turn it down flat. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 12:39:58 PM »
Rubio will be a frontrunner.  I liked Ryan, but thought Rubio should have been the VP pick this year. 

jeb agreed with you.   It probably would have motivated hispanic voters to look at the GOP ticket, AND it wouldn't have turned off some seniors with that Paul Ryan budget issue.   But MItt wanted to the be center of attention, and Rubio isn't exactly shrewd yet (neither was ryan).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42:41 PM »
It wouldn't have saved Romney and if Rubio had been picked, he would have been wise to turn it down flat. 

I doubt it would have saved Romney, but you never know.  Could have helped him carry Florida and cut into the Hispanic vote. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »
Then you probably wouldn't be voting for very many candidates.  Still not a legitimate issue for a presidential candidate. 

In any event, there are a plethora of highly educated intelligent people who believe in the Bible, who don't believe in macroevolution, etc. 

Yes, 1/3 of the population are bible literalists - and they certainly vote. 

http://www.gallup.com/poll/27682/onethird-americans-believe-bible-literally-true.aspx

Which is exactly why Rubio needs to study the 2008 Huck answers to these Qs - very eloquent and respectful to all sides, without playing dumb as rubio did here with "I dont know man..."

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 02:56:59 PM »

There is no educated people who believe the bible unless they have an agenda.

Education = knowledge = science.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »
There is no educated people who believe the bible unless they have an agenda.
Education = knowledge = science.

THis thread isn't about people's beliefs - rather the political wisdom of trying to appease both sides by saying they have valid points.   Personally, I think since the two sides are so opposite, appeasing both pleases neither. 

Saying "I dont konw" is an interesting and risky political strategy. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 10:22:41 AM »
THis thread isn't about people's beliefs - rather the political wisdom of trying to appease both sides by saying they have valid points.   Personally, I think since the two sides are so opposite, appeasing both pleases neither. 

Saying "I dont konw" is an interesting and risky political strategy. 

This is the left, trying to blackball and destroy Rubio, before he even gets out of the gate.

As I said earlier, we need to control our message and our beliefs and quit letting these goofs on the left from doing such.

I thought this was supposed to be about getting people back to work and the economy growing. Asking irrelevant stuff like this is nothing more than planting the seeds of character assassination.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »
This is the left, trying to blackball and destroy Rubio, before he even gets out of the gate.
As I said earlier, we need to control our message and our beliefs and quit letting these goofs on the left from doing such.
I thought this was supposed to be about getting people back to work and the economy growing. Asking irrelevant stuff like this is nothing more than planting the seeds of character assassination.

half-true....

yes, the Q is designed by the left to embarass rubio, who wasn't able to handle it.

However, since 1/3 of the country ARE bible literalists, and since many more people live by the bible, the question is a relevant one.  It does matter to a lot of voters.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »
half-true....

yes, the Q is designed by the left to embarass rubio, who wasn't able to handle it.

However, since 1/3 of the country ARE bible literalists, and since many more people live by the bible, the question is a relevant one.  It does matter to a lot of voters.

Not under these economic circumstances. Besides, Rubio (for the most part) sides with them on other issues, important to evangelicals.