Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 20, 2014, 05:39:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: squats are the most over rated bodybuilding exercise EVER  (Read 918 times)
anabolichalo
Getbig V

VP Ronnie Coleman fan club EMEA

« on: November 19, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »

how is it better for leg development than leg press or hack squat machine  Roll Eyes
Report to moderator   Logged
kimo
Getbig III

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:23:01 PM »

because its an athletic move . to help you move in space it puts you in anabolic mode and helps you gain muscle all over . helps your wind to . but yes for sherr hypertrophy some people can resort to leg presses . andd all .
a_ahmed
Getbig V

Team Nasser

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »

I have fallen in love with squats ever since I started them.. especially when I started doing ATG squats... <B

There's just something awesome about them Smiley Deads and squats are really a true show of power and strength. Brahs and ladies always be 'mirin Wink

The younger you start the better Smiley No not being sarcastic I really love squats and deadlifts... just thought the above pic was cute.
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »

Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 03:50:02 AM »

some people are just not suited to squats and that is ok..there are enough leg exercises to train your lower body. Squats really do the job for most people because it hits all the leg and hip area. I think the hip area has to be trained too(no you will not get a wide waist). Leg press does work great too but for a single exercise that causes the most growth overall itīs for me squats. This is one of the things i disagree with Vince Gironda because he shunned squats(although he did teach other types of squats). Can you imagine some of the best bodybuilders on stage without well developed glutes? sure you can do lunges and other exercises but i think itīs better to train with maximum eficiency. Hack squats bother my knees but if you move your feet forward on the platform you can involve glutes more. Over rated ..in my humble opinion NO...
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 05:00:14 AM »

some people are just not suited to squats and that is ok..there are enough leg exercises to train your lower body. Squats really do the job for most people because it hits all the leg and hip area. I think the hip area has to be trained too(no you will not get a wide waist). Leg press does work great too but for a single exercise that causes the most growth overall itīs for me squats. This is one of the things i disagree with Vince Gironda because he shunned squats(although he did teach other types of squats). Can you imagine some of the best bodybuilders on stage without well developed glutes? sure you can do lunges and other exercises but i think itīs better to train with maximum eficiency. Hack squats bother my knees but if you move your feet forward on the platform you can involve glutes more. Over rated ..in my humble opinion NO...

i personally think that everyone can learn to squat... but it's true that the movement does seem more natural to some people
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 06:08:21 AM »

i personally think that everyone can learn to squat... but it's true that the movement does seem more natural to some people
I was lucky i learned from a seasoned lifter. He took the piss a lot at my beginning bad form but i soon learned. In fact i owe a lot of my start in training to the guy. I think this is the problem a lot of guys do not get the very important correct instruction at the beginning.
kimo
Getbig III

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 07:36:07 AM »

paul dillett and yates did not squat in the later part of their career and their thighs were as good as many squatters . but yes the squat is the cornerstone of powerlifters weightlifters and bodybuilders
magikusar
Time Out
Getbig IV

Team Ayn Rand

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!