Author Topic: Corvettes  (Read 48571 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Corvettes
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
I agree..
a buddy of mine was selling a 2007 in mint condition
Only 9000 miles
$45,000
Black on black

I sold two 2007 corvette c6's two years ago for 32 and 30k Canadian.   still haven't seen one for sale that cheap since. >:(

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2014, 07:09:38 AM »
The engine package in my C5.

jillymayr

• Getbig II
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2014, 06:39:40 AM »
The engine package in my C5.

that engine is bad-ass!! have to show this to my car-obsessed guy

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2014, 07:42:12 PM »
calfzilla if you can afford a c5 I'd say try getting a 2005 (first year of c6). The price nowdays isn't much different but its a 400 vs 345 horsepower difference and a newer body for maybe just an extra few K.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2014, 07:43:37 PM »
linking my new C7 pics that I posted in the G&O, yellow is the fastest colour!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2014, 07:50:06 PM »
yeah, its way too camaroish

I disagee, traditional round tail lights would not have gone well with the rest of this car's angles.  Someone photoshopped round lights on a c7 and it looks horrible!

Not saying this is your demographic - but I think the majority of people who still prefer round over angular taillights on the Vette are the older traditionalist vette fans. 

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2014, 07:51:36 PM »
You don't know Corvette owners. None want there car to sound like a V6 Camaro when cruising down the highway.

lol I don't think I'll ever drive mine in eco or tour mode after hearing the difference in exhaust note.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2014, 07:53:45 PM »
Too bad in Canada for some dumb reason Vettes are double the prices they are in the states.

They actually fixed it this year, the C7 starting price in Canada dropped a chunk from the outgoing C6 in Canada.  Actually right now with the exchange rate I think it might even be cheaper in Canada than the U.S. by a tad!  They will probably re-adjust next MY, but it serves GM Canada right for gouging Canadians for years while the exchange rate was near par.  Lucky for me this is my first Corvette so I never got screwed over with pricing different in Canada for the previous MYs.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2014, 07:56:49 PM »
I sold two 2007 corvette c6's two years ago for 32 and 30k Canadian.   still haven't seen one for sale that cheap since. >:(

Hey what do you drive nowdays hazbin?

Are you interested in that upcoming c7 z06?

I'm in Calgary right now but it was just a short trip about 24 hours, going to some place on 17th street called buon giorno.

Do you still own the gym?

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2014, 09:49:01 PM »
Yellow really looks good on the C7. Are the black stripes factory painted?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2014, 12:21:55 AM »
Yellow works on corvettes not on most cars.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2014, 11:44:19 AM »
Yellow really looks good on the C7. Are the black stripes factory painted?

Thanks, everything is right from the factory. They offered a "stinger stripe" which is a thicker half-stripe on the upper part of the hood as well as the dual stripes that mine has.

The only few touches I might do are to blacken out that thin chrome strip in the front, blacken the chrome stingray emblem on the sides, and add a few small black Jake skulls

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2014, 11:54:21 AM »
Very nice!! The C7 is really starting to gow on me. I might see a Z06 in my future.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2014, 11:59:31 AM »
I have a yellow '77.  It'll get a LOT more looks than any C5 or C6 around town.  Obviously, as with any other older car, you don't get much in the way of the performance aspect of a modified C5 or C6, but it is a lot cooler.

Lol let's be real, the C3 is cool but its not getting more looks than a C6 widebody like the ZR1, Z06 or Grand Sport, especially comparing yellow to yellow

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2014, 10:12:26 AM »
Very nice!! The C7 is really starting to gow on me. I might see a Z06 in my future.

Thanks!  It will grow on you, especially when you see them in person..pics just don't do them justice.  Attaching a few more.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2014, 10:13:40 AM »
 8)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2014, 06:56:23 AM »
My buddy ordered a C7 which arrived yesterday.  He posts on getbig as ag2.  So I guess that's the second getbig C7 owner.  He went with all black - personally I prefer the brighter, louder colours.  The car had just arrived so they hadn't even detailed it yet, so it doesn't show that shiny wow factor that a clean black C7 would show

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2014, 07:31:25 AM »
68 Corvette ZL1 - 427ci all aluminum big block that was supposed to make over 650hp. Some say it may have made over 700.

Holy shit, it's amazing how dumb some c.unts are.

The fuckin ZL1 was tested by road and track on a rolling road dyno back in the day and made 342 DIN hp.
This equates to around 400 SAE crank HP which is just a bit short of the claimed 430 SAE HP.

YOU heard it made 650HP ???????????????

And some said it made over 700??????   The c.unts who said that are as thick as fuck.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2014, 01:30:41 PM »
Thanks!  It will grow on you, especially when you see them in person..pics just don't do them justice.  Attaching a few more.

I agree. I hadn't seen one up close and when I finally did it definitely became the next car to buy.

Pics look shitty. But in person that car is a head turner.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2014, 09:10:13 PM »
I agree. I hadn't seen one up close and when I finally did it definitely became the next car to buy.

Pics look shitty. But in person that car is a head turner.

Cool, what colour combo was the one you saw? 

There's quite a few ways you can personalize them since, besides there being a whole bunch of exterior colours, there's various wheel options, different types of stripes and then stripes are also offered in various colours.  I would be surprised if even 1 out of 100 Stingrays on average have the same yellow and black stripes/wheels/etc. combo that I got.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2014, 09:12:36 PM »
Can't wait till I get a c5. Should have enough saved within this year, will post pics ASAP when I get one.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2014, 05:49:17 PM »
Cool, what colour combo was the one you saw? 

There's quite a few ways you can personalize them since, besides there being a whole bunch of exterior colours, there's various wheel options, different types of stripes and then stripes are also offered in various colours.  I would be surprised if even 1 out of 100 Stingrays on average have the same yellow and black stripes/wheels/etc. combo that I got.

I have seen the yellow and black and a white and orange.... Both are pretty sexy.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »

Holy shit, it's amazing how dumb some c.unts are.

The fuckin ZL1 was tested by road and track on a rolling road dyno back in the day and made 342 DIN hp.
This equates to around 400 SAE crank HP which is just a bit short of the claimed 430 SAE HP.

YOU heard it made 650HP ???????????????

And some said it made over 700??????   The c.unts who said that are as thick as fuck.

They had a Can-Am ZL1 that made well over 600. If you think it's hard for a BBC with rectangle port heads to make over 600 you know literally NOTHING about the motors. And there were only 2 of the Vettes made with the ZL1, the Camaro was a different animal.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2014, 07:42:58 PM »
They had a Can-Am ZL1 that made well over 600. If you think it's hard for a BBC with rectangle port heads to make over 600 you know literally NOTHING about the motors. And there were only 2 of the Vettes made with the ZL1, the Camaro was a different animal.

Sorry about my harsh comment. I didn't think you weren't talking about the Can-Am race tuned engine which I'll admit was in line with your figures but was a racing engine. You were talking about the 68 ZL1 in your original post. I guess my comment was more aimed at the bozo who said that they pretended the engines were lower powered for "insurance purposes".

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »
Can't wait till I get a c5. Should have enough saved within this year, will post pics ASAP when I get one.

What colour and transmission choice would you prefer?  You obviously can't always get the exact combo you want when getting used but you sometimes you can if its a common combo or if you check around enough.

How long have you wanted a c5 for?  I think you'll be ecstatic when you finally get it.