Author Topic: Dave Chappelle is THE funniest guy alife  (Read 6776 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Dave Chappelle is THE funniest guy alife
« on: November 20, 2012, 09:34:14 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: Dave Chappelle is THE funniest guy alife
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:55:05 AM »
not on that evidence he's not  :-\

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 11:23:25 AM »
  His show was good. A shame he walked away from it. His writers and himself did a pretty good job ripping on everyone

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 12:25:30 PM »
  His show was good. A shame he walked away from it. His writers and himself did a pretty good job ripping on everyone
The guy went out like a true Alpha. Told the networks and producers to keep their multi multi million dollar deal and to kiss his ass. Then moved to Africa to smoke weed in the jungle for a few months. Easily my favorite comedian.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 01:05:16 PM »

funniest dude out there right now. for sure.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »
love the movie half baked with dave
R

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 01:10:52 PM »
 :D

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »
The guy went out like a true Alpha. Told the networks and producers to keep their multi multi million dollar deal and to kiss his ass. Then moved to Africa to smoke weed in the jungle for a few months. Easily my favorite comedian.

Actually he became Muslim so did his brother and lots of people in his family.

He felt guilt doing the type of commedy he was doing and took some time off and went to south africa where he learned more about islam. He's admitted to before not being very practicing so he tried to not be a bad representation of Islam so he does not talk about becoming Muslim as much. His brother though:

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Funny man, but has made some terrible choices since leaving comedy behind.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 01:25:32 PM »
^He started lifting weights. Not a bad choice :P

He also stopped talking about women as whores, crack and weed, white people and black people, and the usual crap his comedy was about. Even if a lot of it was really funny, it was still not really spreading a positive message to society. Hardly something that one would call a bad choice of leaving behind.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Funny man, but has made some terrible choices since leaving comedy behind.

From a christian standpoint, do you prefer Dave pre-muslim or post-muslim? Pre-muslim, you got comedy that christians would despise without the bad religion. But Post-muslim, you got a religion that christians would despise but perhaps more morals. I think a christian would have to say that there is no difference, sin-wise. But surely this is counterintuitive, wouldn't you agree?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »
None of us are perfect, we are humans and we error and sin. However he has been fighting a struggle with what society likes and what he should really be like.

The dirtiness of his humor, drugs, etc... not exactly positive things for society.

He hasn't exactly let go entirely as far as I know of all these things, but he has tried to change himself none the less.

You can't have the idea of trying to be a better Muslim and then at the same time doing openly very dirty humor, inappropriate, womenizing, joking about and promoting drugs, racism white/black.

Still he has not become like his brother, like the video I showed who is a good example of a fellow Muslim but none the less we all have to strive to be better. I'm not perfect, he's not perfect, none of us are perfect but certainly Islam's beauty has the ability to change people for the better.

There's a ton of actors, commedians, singers, rappers, etc... who have left the life style and become Muslim and radically changed themselves from their previous selfs you would not recognize them ever having been a drug addict or womenizer or whatever comes with the whole package...

The bottom line is, Dave hasn't let go of it all, either way may Allah (swt) guide him and all of us to be better for sure. Ameen. A friend of mine used to organize events for Dave's brother speaking about Islam.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »

He felt guilt doing the type of commedy he was doing and took some time off and went to south africa where he learned more about islam. He's admitted to before not being very practicing so he tried to not be a bad representation of Islam so he does not talk about becoming Muslim as much. His brother though:

I prefer to remember him being high, and roaming the jungles, perhaps feeding the monkeys and throwing spears and going on vision quests and doing African things like that; this is the Dave Chapelle I like to remember. None of that mooslim nonsense.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 02:15:58 PM »
he was great in the movie  (screwed) also
R

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 02:33:46 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
love the movie half baked with dave

Chappelle said that Half Baked originally wasn't suppose to be a weed movie. After he signed on, they "the Hierarchy" rewrote it basically making the whole script into a silly weed movie. He said the script he wrote was an uplifting story about a black man.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 02:39:34 PM »
Chappelle said that Half Baked originally wasn't suppose to be a weed movie. After he signed on, they "the Hierarchy" rewrote basically the whole script to turn it into a silly weed movie.
He has spoken quite a bit about being "strong armed" into doing things he didn't want to regarding his art. I know this stuff is right up your alley.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »
He has spoken quite a bit about being "strong armed" into doing things he didn't want to regarding his art. I know this stuff is right up your alley.

Ya watching the shit this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Perry puts out makes it easy to see Chappelle was spot on about the black man who sells out always has to put on the dress.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »
Check out this sell out

The Rock

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »
Check out this sell out

The Rock

Crazy shit, but perhaps they are all fruits to begin with...
Trans Milkshake.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 02:57:02 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 03:05:53 PM »
They even got to Charles Barkley

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
I still never understood that part...are you saying "They" make the black guys wear dresses to humiliate them or what? For what purpose?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »

He converted back in 98 BEFORE his show.

So... Yeah... You are full of shit.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 07:53:37 PM »
I still never understood that part...are you saying "They" make the black guys wear dresses to humiliate them or what? For what purpose?

There are two schools of thought. One is that the Hierarchy does this to show power over them and humiliate them. The other is that Hollywood is basically all queer. And the gays make them do shit like this(directors/producers etc). Supposedly when they put on the dress, it's a symbolic gesture and means they  will play the Hollywood game and do anything sexually.  What I believe we witnessed with Chappelle is someone who was extremely talented in what he did and didn't need anyone else to show his talent. But when he was lined up for the massive payday, the queers came a calling. And Chappelle wasn't going to sell himself like that. When he wasn't gonna play, they destroyed his character ala Fox news by calling him crazy etc. If bath salts were getting the media attention back then that they are today, no doubt the media would have said Chappelle was most likely using bath salts.