Author Topic: OBama's lead up to 4 million votes - what can GOP do differently in 2016?  (Read 596 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012

Now, obama is a joke and the ecnomy sucks... he still won by 4 million votes.

hilary probably would have beaten Mitt but a lot more than 4 million votes.

What can the GOP change in a big way to beat a better dem canddiate in 2016?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: OBama's lead up to 4 million votes - what can GOP do differently in 2016?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:37:57 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012

Now, obama is a joke and the ecnomy sucks... he still won by 4 million votes.

hilary probably would have beaten Mitt but a lot more than 4 million votes.

What can the GOP change in a big way to beat a better dem canddiate in 2016?

-  Distance themselves from extremest (tools) with hateful views about liberals, democrats and OB
-  Not be seen as obstructionists
-  Stop the "cut taxes" mantra
-  Focus on Job creation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 10:46:40 AM »
-  Distance themselves from extremest (tools) with hateful views about liberals, democrats and OB

what about abortion, amnesty, etc?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 10:51:26 AM »

In other words, you want the GOP to be the bottom stick figure of your avatar.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:55:58 AM »
In other words, you want the GOP to be the bottom stick figure of your avatar.

lol,  the GOP lost a slam dunk election.

Change or die. 

viewing what i said in no way makes the GOP the catcher.  It makes them a reasonable alternative where as before they were the after math of my avatar. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »

that's what i'm saying.  They'll NEVER have a candidate as weak, with as weak a record, in as weak an economy, with obamacare tied to him..

than they had with obama.  If you can't win that, what can you do against a better candidate without that baggage?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 11:01:57 AM »

Change or die. 

viewing what i said in no way makes the GOP the catcher.  It makes them a reasonable alternative where as before they were the after math of my avatar. 

What you're advocating is the GOP becoming Democrat-lite. Mark Levin said it best. All the emphasis, particularly on the Senate side, is on the conservative/Tea Party guys who lost. Yet, little was said about all the "moderates" (who did some of the very things you suggested) that got smoked.

Notice that, 8 years ago, there were almost no talks from the Democrats about taking your advice as it relates to hateful views about conservatives, Republicans, and Bush. They didn't stop the "raise taxes" mantra. And they had no problem being obstructionists.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »

that's what i'm saying.  They'll NEVER have a candidate as weak, with as weak a record, in as weak an economy, with obamacare tied to him..

than they had with obama.  If you can't win that, what can you do against a better candidate without that baggage?
[/quote

You can keep and energize your base; use social and economic issues to reach out to minorities (Latinos and single mothers with kids, in particular); and, since Obama stuck a Bush mask on McCain and Romney, the next GOP candidate can stick an Obama mask on the Democrat candidate.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 01:18:19 PM »
What you're advocating is the GOP becoming Democrat-lite. Mark Levin said it best. All the emphasis, particularly on the Senate side, is on the conservative/Tea Party guys who lost. Yet, little was said about all the "moderates" (who did some of the very things you suggested) that got smoked.

Notice that, 8 years ago, there were almost no talks from the Democrats about taking your advice as it relates to hateful views about conservatives, Republicans, and Bush. They didn't stop the "raise taxes" mantra. And they had no problem being obstructionists.

I think BUSH caused the fall and the GOP in the last 4 years increase the speed.

What i am advocating mainly is the GOP distance themselves from things vulnerable to spin like "End medicare", "Abortion is murder", "If taxes are lower more people will be employed".

And, their obstructionist attitude didn't bode well in tough economic times.

Hard core conservatives principles aren't accepted well when the economy is on the sate its in. 

"Cut spending-lower taxes"  is not an attractive deal for people who are struggling.  To sit here and say increasing taxes for people that make 250k is unfair doesn't sit well with the family that makes only 90k per year or less.

"Spend smarter and give tax breaks to companies setting up manufacturing in the USA producing jobs" would be much better. 

Its all about the paridgm of how people see conservatives.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
I think BUSH caused the fall and the GOP in the last 4 years increase the speed.

What i am advocating mainly is the GOP distance themselves from things vulnerable to spin like "End medicare", "Abortion is murder", "If taxes are lower more people will be employed".

And, their obstructionist attitude didn't bode well in tough economic times.

Hard core conservatives principles aren't accepted well when the economy is on the sate its in. 

"Cut spending-lower taxes"  is not an attractive deal for people who are struggling.  To sit here and say increasing taxes for people that make 250k is unfair doesn't sit well with the family that makes only 90k per year or less.

"Spend smarter and give tax breaks to companies setting up manufacturing in the USA producing jobs" would be much better. 

Its all about the paridgm of how people see conservatives.

Good post.