Author Topic: Final estimate for 2012 election: Obama 51%, Romney 47%  (Read 1161 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Final estimate for 2012 election: Obama 51%, Romney 47%
« on: November 20, 2012, 07:48:06 PM »
ironic that it'd end up 47%, after he criticized that exact number of the population.

That is the percentage of the vote Mitt Romney is likely to wind up with, according to the non-partisan Cook Political Report. the report says ”new votes in from Maryland put Romney at 47.56 percent. He predicts with certainty that with all of New York and California counted, Romney will end up below 47.5 percent of the vote.

“Rounded, of course, that would put the final tally at 51-47.”

Daily Kos: Mitt Romney '47 percent' watch
HERE: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/20/1163485/-Mitt-Romney-47-percent-watch

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Final estimate for 2012 election: Obama 51%, Romney 47%
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
ironic that it'd end up 47%, after he criticized that exact number of the population.

That is the percentage of the vote Mitt Romney is likely to wind up with, according to the non-partisan Cook Political Report. the report says ”new votes in from Maryland put Romney at 47.56 percent. He predicts with certainty that with all of New York and California counted, Romney will end up below 47.5 percent of the vote.

HERE: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/20/1163485/-Mitt-Romney-47-percent-watch

That video really fired up obama's base - cant lie

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »

That video really fired up obama's base - cant lie

in retrospect, what do you think will end up being THE main reason romney lost such an easily winnable election?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »

I don't know how the vote went in other states, but in Oregon the margins for state elections were very narrow, usually only one or two points between the Democratic and Republican candidate. In Oregon, Democrats made some headway.

Now we are gearing up for the next legislative session which officially begins in January. Oregon mirrors the federal docket in as much as it is all about program cuts verses funding and possible tax increases. The elephant in the room in Oregon is always sales tax. Currently we do not have a value added tax or sales tax. Historically, every time this tax is considered, Oregonians reject it. This leaves us with high property and high income tax to pay the bills.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 07:58:31 PM »
in retrospect, what do you think will end up being THE main reason romney lost such an easily winnable election?

The fact that Republicans thought it was easily winnable.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 07:59:24 PM »

He offered no choice - only generic pablum and never connected w average person.   All generic bs.   Obama got 6 million less votes!  

Romney gave all the obama is satan voters like myself a reason to come out but not the low information drone and fat land whale slug on the couch at home.  

Plus - he ran a terrible campangn ops wise internally.   I am actually still in shock how incompetent the cam;paign was internally  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »
He offered no choice - only generic pablum and never connected w average person.   All generic bs.   Obama got 6 million less votes!  

Romney gave all the obama is satan voters like myself a reason to come out but not the low information drone and fat land whale slug on the couch at home.  

Plus - he ran a terrible campangn ops wise internally.   I am actually still in shock how incompetent the cam;paign was internally  

Does this explain why you took a break. Were you so shocked that it actually depressed you and you had nothing to contribute because you were totally burnt out?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »
Does this explain why you took a break. Were you so shocked that it actually depressed you and you had nothing to contribute because you were totally burnt out?

I was in shock how piss poor his campaign was run internally - yes.   Cant lie on that.   Was pure bs smoke and mirrors.   McCain / Palin was better run  at 1/3 the cost

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 08:25:34 PM »
  McCain / Palin was better run  at 1/3 the cost

Mccain was a candidate of substance - and even though he was better in 2000 (age was catching him in 2008) - People respected him.

Nobody respected Romney.  He was the "i guess we'll settle for him because the others suck and we hate obama" canddiate.  It wasn't enough.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 09:13:03 PM »
I was in shock how piss poor his campaign was run internally - yes.   Cant lie on that.   Was pure bs smoke and mirrors.   McCain / Palin was better run  at 1/3 the cost

Palin was the mistake in that campaign. Many people expect more of the "pretender to the throne" than she had to offer. I believe time has proved us right in this case.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 09:16:35 PM »
Funny, I liked the 47% comment...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 09:18:57 PM »
Palin was the mistake in that campaign. Many people expect more of the "pretender to the throne" than she had to offer. I believe time has proved us right in this case.

Palin got mccain votes.    I keep eplaining this    WO Sarah - McCain would have done even worse 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 09:23:02 PM »
Palin got mccain votes.    I keep eplaining this    WO Sarah - McCain would have done even worse 

repubs have looked like shit for the last 2 election cycles.  2008 was bad, but 2012 was pathetic - obama wasn't a rock star anymore, he was a failed president - and in the 2nd great depression, an economic wizard couldn't come close.

2012 was so much more winnable than 2008.   Repubs are tired of their party.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »
repubs have looked like shit for the last 2 election cycles.  2008 was bad, but 2012 was pathetic - obama wasn't a rock star anymore, he was a failed president - and in the 2nd great depression, an economic wizard couldn't come close.

Agreed

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 09:25:38 PM »

It's the us vs them, hate, obstruction, distraction, spin, etc.

They lost a slam dunk election, but what's worse is they let millions of people down.  

The tea party, Ryan, Palin, they look like a bunch of fools.

I hope they can rebound.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »
yeah, youre right there.... tea party was a flash in the pan, and its over.  The far-right voters that dominated polls in 2010 didn't even bother to put on their shoes to vote this time. 

allen west and others lost.  no major tea party rallies.  nary a mention on FOX news.  palin couldn't get a mic at the event.  ron paul was mocked by hannity and levin.

Let's face it, repubs are back to being big business, spend-happy, tax away, amnesty loving Dem Lites now.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 11:14:23 PM »
It's the us vs them, hate, obstruction, distraction, spin, etc.

They lost a slam dunk election, but what's worse is they let millions of people down.  

The tea party, Ryan, Palin, they look like a bunch of fools.

I hope they can rebound.  

The tea party seems on its way out of the political scene. As far as I am concerned, this is no loss. For the most part, tea partiers appear to be represented by hypocrites and judgmental folk who should not be casting stones. Sarah Palin is hardly the poster woman for the tea party political philosophy. Tea partiers are firmly entrenched in a time gone by that thankfully the majority of us have no desire to see repeated.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 02:21:37 AM »

The constant negative campaign without coming out with an alternative. No tax plan etc..
And the constant lies as well.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »
The tea party seems on its way out of the political scene. As far as I am concerned, this is no loss. For the most part, tea partiers appear to be represented by hypocrites and judgmental folk who should not be casting stones. Sarah Palin is hardly the poster woman for the tea party political philosophy. Tea partiers are firmly entrenched in a time gone by that thankfully the majority of us have no desire to see repeated.

Hardly!!

Most of the Tea Party candidates (particularly in the House) kept their seats. Yes, the media is making a big deal about Alan West's defeat. But, notice they aren't talking about Ted Cruz's Senate win. Nor are they referring to Mike Pence's win as governor of Indiana.

When the midterms come in 2014, the Tea Party will be a force once again.

The rumors of the Tea Party's demise are, to say the least, greatly exaggerated.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »
i hope you got this information from some place differant than your election predictions  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 10:04:21 AM »

The rumors of the Tea Party's demise are, to say the least, greatly exaggerated.

Aren't the tea partiers the biggest slackers in history of politics?   After kicking a lot of ass in 2010, something like 3 million of them STAYED HOME in 2012.

You're telling me that in 2014, with Rand Paul and Rubio and other tea party favorites moving closer to Boehnner than Ron Paul, they're suddenly going to be motivated again?   Hmmmmmmm

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Hardly!!

Most of the Tea Party candidates (particularly in the House) kept their seats. Yes, the media is making a big deal about Alan West's defeat. But, notice they aren't talking about Ted Cruz's Senate win. Nor are they referring to Mike Pence's win as governor of Indiana.

Well then all I can say is that's a shame! I was hoping the tea party hypocrites were headed back into the closet. I am hoping you are wrong about this.