Author Topic: Re: Obama, Suu Kyi And The Forbidden Kiss  (Read 7167 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Obama, Suu Kyi And The Forbidden Kiss
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:48:30 PM »
I'm fine if that's the case but I'm sick of seeing this board be nothing more than a place where 333 can vomit up his hatred on a daily basis.    This thread is an example of that, albeit maybe a bit toned down from his usual garbage

this board would be better if he just left at 99,999 as he said he was going to do

X2
w

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »
yep, new rules say you get to do the exact same vile, racist, moronic shit you used to do except now you're protected from being attacked by me from doing so

I'm sure pussies everywhere are rejoicing

have you ever explained why you aren't leaving at 99,999

you said you were making changes to your job, life, etc.. and that was the reason you were leaving

The changes to his job would require that he first had one.  Double down on his life.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 11:40:06 PM »
The changes to his job would require that he first had one.  Double down on his life.

He did have one, ...he was a Romney campaign volunteer.
...and they wonder why Romney lost. Hahahahaha
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 08:34:18 AM »
uuummmmmm - i read a bunch of articles today saying how obama and his team of incompetent idiots screwed up so bad on this trip.   

He made a complete ass of himself 

where did you see that???....this trip went very smoothly...what the hell are you talking about??????????????

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:44:50 AM »
I am at the point where i am just repeating myself.

BTW:  You are more than free to NOT post on this forum at all Straw.

Part of the greatness of this board was that we could call out other peoples bullshit... sometimes it wasn't very nice.

This new rule makes it less personal and Politics is a personal matter.

I will be posting much much less on the Political board.

Enjoy gang.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 09:10:50 AM »
Part of the greatness of this board was that we could call out other peoples bullshit... sometimes it wasn't very nice.

This new rule makes it less personal and Politics is a personal matter.

I will be posting much much less on the Political board.

Enjoy gang.

Yeah the elementary school playground is closed.

But, You can call people out as much as you want, you just can't call them names and insult them.  Which means you just can't respond to their bullshit with:  asshole, kneepadder, moron, fuckface etc.   you actully have to show them where they are full of shit with an intelligent counter point or a clever way showing how much they are wrong.    So if you can't post like that, you Should stay off the board.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 09:16:55 AM »

Yeah the elementary school playground is closed.

But, You can call people out as much as you want, you just can't call them names and insult them.  Which means you just can't respond to their bullshit with:  asshole, kneepadder, moron, fuckface etc.   you actully have to show them where they are full of shit with an intelligent counter point or a clever way showing how much they are wrong.    So if you can't post like that, you Should stay off the board.   :)

Any form of media in this country allows people to call liars out as liars, bigots out as bigots, and morons  and crybabies as such

Shit, even good natured ribbing is now apparently verboten
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=448883.0

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 09:33:09 AM »

Any form of media in this country allows people to call liars out as liars, bigots out as bigots, and morons  and crybabies as such

Shit, even good natured ribbing is now apparently verboten
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=448883.0

I am starting to believe you are not a sharp as I originally thought. 

Here some examples:

Instead of saying:  you are a liar.  Say:  what you said isn't true or you are lying.  (maybe even provide proof)

Instead of saying:  you are a biggot.  Say:  that was a very biggotted thing say, and because of that people should ignore you

Instead of saying:  you are a crybaby. Say:  constantly crying and whining about a new rule that forces people to act in a more civil manner will not get you anywhere. 

;)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 09:34:28 AM »

Here some examples:

Instead of saying:  you are a liar.  Say:  what you said isn't true or you are lying.  (maybe even provide proof)

Instead of saying:  you are a biggot.  Say:  that was a very biggotted thing say, and because of that people should ignore you

Instead of saying:  you are a crybaby. Say:  constantly crying and whining about a new rule that forces people to act in a more civil manner will not get you anywhere. 

;)

:D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 09:43:02 AM »

Here some examples:

;)

Are you fucking kidding me?

Certainly showing proof that someone is a liar makes sense (and most do that) but to say we cant call someone who is lying a LIAR is absurd.   So much for pretending you are not trying to sanitize this board.    All forms of media allow a liar to be called a liar.   Damn maybe 333 was right about the communist takeover of America

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »

Certainly showing proof that someone is a liar makes sense (and most do that) but to say we cant call someone who is lying a LIAR is absurd.   So much for pretending you are not trying to sanitize this board.    All forms of media allow a liar to be called a liar.   Damn maybe 333 was right about the communist takeover of America

::)

Sigh.  I am not going spell it out for yu further.  You will have to figure it out for yur self.  Check out McWay's standard approach.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 09:52:01 AM »
Instead of saying:  you are a liar.  Say:  what you said isn't true or you are lying.  (maybe even provide proof)

If I can make a cogent argument that someone is lying, why shouldn't I just be able to call them out and say "you are a liar?"  Why must I play the "keep doing what you're doing, but like, use more words and stuff to make it, like, sound, like, more sophisticated, k???" game?

Instead of saying:  you are a biggot.  Say:  that was a very biggotted thing say, and because of that people should ignore you

Can I try? Instead of saying "That's just moronic" I can, instead, say: "That seems like a very moronic rule." How did I do?

Instead of saying:  you are a crybaby. Say:  constantly crying and whining about a new rule that forces people to act in a more civil manner will not get you anywhere.

OK, one more time. Instead of saying "you are a moron" I can say "defending this new "rule" by posting moronic "it helps promote and enforce civility" arguments doesn't change reality: it doesn't and won't."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
::)

Sigh.  I am not going spell it out for yu further.  You will have to figure it out for yur self.  Check out McWay's standard approach.

How about if someone is acting like a total pussy

Can i call them a pussy

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »
If I can make a cogent argument that someone is lying, why shouldn't I just be able to call them out and say "you are a liar?"  Why must I play the "keep doing what you're doing, but like, use more words and stuff to make it, like, sound, like, more sophisticated, k???" game?

Can I try? Instead of saying "That's just moronic" I can, instead, say: "That seems like a very moronic rule." How did I do?

OK, one more time. Instead of saying "you are a moron" I can say "defending this new "rule" by posting moronic "it helps promote and enforce civility" arguments doesn't change reality: it doesn't and won't."

I would say:   You are lying again.   You seem to lie a lot.

I would agree that some consider it a moronic rule.

I beg to differ.  I believe the rule has already promoted more productive debate and far less childish playground crap that some posters seem to relish.

PS:  on my iPad, it's a pain in the ass to cut and paste and divide quotes.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 10:02:59 AM »

And then pretty soon, you will arguing that you are showing proof that he is an asshole, then a moron, then a bigot, then a stupid fuck, then a this and a that.   

Not going to happen.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »

Here some examples:

Instead of saying:  you are a liar.  Say:  what you said isn't true or you are lying.  (maybe even provide proof)

Instead of saying:  you are a biggot.  Say:  that was a very biggotted thing say, and because of that people should ignore you

Instead of saying:  you are a crybaby. Say:  constantly crying and whining about a new rule that forces people to act in a more civil manner will not get you anywhere.  

;)
I'm starting to believe the same about you

I don't need lessons in manners from you.   I treat most people here with respect even when challenging their positions and beliefs and the rare few that are blatant liars and bigots don't deserve respect and I'm certainly not going go refer to "Ozmo's guide to sanitized language for calling a "liar a liar" when that is exactly what is called for

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 10:16:48 AM »

I don't need lessons in manners from you.   I treat most people here with respect even when challenging their positions and beliefs and the rare few that are blatant liars and bigots don't deserve respect and I'm certainly not going go refer to "Ozmo's guide to sanitized language for calling a "liar a liar" when that is exactly what is called for

I never thought i would say this but Gingrich is growing on me

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »

I don't need lessons in manners from you.   I treat most people here with respect even when challenging their positions and beliefs and the rare few that are blatant liars and bigots don't deserve respect and I'm certainly not going go refer to "Ozmo's guide to sanitized language for calling a liar a liar" when that is exactly what is called for

Notice Newt's statemeNt (the wording) that was quoted?  Notice his explanation?   Other than the reporter asking him directly what he was calling Mitt.....  That's an excellent example if how to handle things.

Thanks for the vid.  

:)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 10:23:40 AM »

Notice Newt's statemeNt (the wording) that was quoted?  Notice his explanation?   Other than the reporter asking him directly what he was calling Mitt.....  That's an excellent example if how to handle things.

Thanks for the vid.  

:)

yep, he called Romney a liar and the women seemed shocked that he would put it so bluntly instead of dancing around and putting it in sanitized terms and keep in mind that Gingrich was running for POTUS and talking on national television and not merely posting on a message board.

This board does not need the protocol of a presidential debate and like I said before, it's only the blatant liars are racist that are receiving these kind of blunt assessments, at least from me

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 10:30:23 AM »
yep, he called Romney a liar and the women seemed shocked that he would put it so bluntly instead of dancing around and putting it in sanitized terms and keep in mind that Gingrich was running for POTUS and talking on national television and not merely posting on a message board.

This board does not need the protocol of a presidential debate and like I said before, it's only the blatant liars are racist that are receiving these kind of blunt assessments, at least from me

I see it differently.
She wasn't shocked because of that, she was shocked because Newt used a word that hard to for him to distance himself from INthe future.  It's not a very politically wise thing to do to another in the same party.  He put a label on Mitt, by calling him a liar instead of just saying he was lying in that instance.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
I would say:   You are lying again.   You seem to lie a lot.

I would agree that some consider it a moronic rule.

That's because it is a moronic rule. Saying "you are lying again" is no different than calling someone a liar. A person who lies is, by definition, a liar.

Any rule that forces people to do verbal pirouettes so as to avoid calling a tomato a tomato, in favor of referring to it as a "red fruit of the solanum lycopersicum plant" is moronic.

This rule has now "evolved" so much that even the truth (which is an absolute defense in cases of libel or slander) isn't enough. Let that sink in for a minute: if you can prove conclusively that someone posting here lied, you cannot call then a liar. You must instead "tip-toe" around the issue in the name of "polite discourse" which apparently is code for "don't say true things directly!"

I think it's fairly clear that I can easily craft my writings so as to violate the spirit without violating the letter of this rule; I choose to not play that game. And with that I'm out.

Happy Thanksgiving!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
That's because it is a moronic rule. Saying "you are lying again" is no different than calling someone a liar. A person who lies is, by definition, a liar.

Any rule that forces people to do verbal pirouettes so as to avoid calling a tomato a tomato, in favor of referring to it as a "red fruit of the solanum lycopersicum plant" is moronic.

This rule has now "evolved" so much that even the truth (which is an absolute defense in cases of libel or slander) isn't enough. Let that sink in for a minute: if you can prove conclusively that someone posting here lied, you cannot call then a liar. You must instead "tip-toe" around the issue in the name of "polite discourse" which apparently is code for "don't say true things directly!"

I think it's fairly clear that while I can easily craft my writings so as to violate the spirit without violating the letter of this rule; I choose to not play that game. And with that I'm out.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!   ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »
I see it differently.
She wasn't shocked because of that, she was shocked because Newt used a word that hard to for him to distance himself from INthe future.  It's not a very politically wise thing to do to another in the same party.  He put a label on Mitt, by calling him a liar instead of just saying he was lying in that instance.

and Newt has no qualms about calling a liar a liar and explained why he was doing so

why all the semantic games ?

When did you turn into Henry Higgins?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 10:39:03 AM »
And then pretty soon, you will arguing that you are showing proof that he is an asshole, then a moron, then a bigot, then a stupid fuck, then a this and a that.   

Not going to happen.

I have no problem calling a bigot a bigot or a moron a moron, etc..

It's not like I do it gratuitously or without cause

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »
and Newt has no qualms about calling a liar a liar and explained why he was doing so

why all the semantic games ?

When did you turn into Henry Higgins?

I don't know who Henry Higgins is.  

Not trying to play games.  I am just trying clean the board up and move it from a digressed name calling immature play ground  to more civil board.  I am tired of seeing good posts getting replies like "you are a moron". With no actually explanation or debate.  Which was many and many of YOUR good posts.  

I realize the rule isn't perfect,and that some will not be happy about it, but I believe and evidence is building that it's a better alternative.