Author Topic: Re: Obama, Suu Kyi And The Forbidden Kiss  (Read 7171 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Obama, Suu Kyi And The Forbidden Kiss
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 10:44:06 AM »
I have no problem calling a bigot a bigot or a moron a moron, etc..

It's not like I do it gratuitously or without cause

I know you don't. Seriously.   I didn't make the rule just because of your posting tendencies. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 10:47:43 AM »
I don't know who Henry Higgins is.  

Not trying to play games.  I am just trying clean the board up and move it from a digressed name calling immature play ground  to more civil board.  I am tired of seeing good posts getting replies like "you are a moron". With no actually explanation or debate.  Which was many and many of YOUR good posts.  

I realize the rule isn't perfect,and that some will not be happy about it, but I believe and evidence is building that it's a better alternative.

horseshit

most of my posts have specific detail on exactly why the poster was a liar or a moron

sometimes there was no point in doing so because it was obvious

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »
horseshit

most of my posts have specific detail on exactly why the poster was a liar or a moron

sometimes there was no point in doing so because it was obvious

No no no!   You are getting the wrong idea,  sorry for not being clear.  I am talking about replies to good posts like yours.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2012, 10:55:46 AM »
No no no!   You are getting the wrong idea,  sorry for not being clear.  I am talking about replies to good posts like yours.   

ok, thanks for clarifying

I have many threads where I disagree with people but we treat each other with a respect

other people, by their own actions, are not deserving of that same level of respect and yet even with them if you read the threads you will see that I often continually ignore their personal insults and just respond to them with facts, links, etc...

I PERSONALLY find a few posters blatant a continuous racism to be offensive and I can't tolerate it without responding

there is nothing I can do about that

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 11:22:13 AM »
ok, thanks for clarifying

I have many threads where I disagree with people but we treat each other with a respect

other people, by their own actions, are not deserving of that same level of respect and yet even with them if you read the threads you will see that I often continually ignore their personal insults and just respond to them with facts, links, etc...

I PERSONALLY find a few posters blatant a continuous racism to be offensive and I can't tolerate it without responding

there is nothing I can do about that

No prob.

I see it quite often from other posters on both sides.  Some one makes a good argument with links, data, proof, etc. only to get personal insults in response. After a while the poster thinks to themselves: "What's the use?"  I want to know why they think the argument isn't good without just name calling.    There are many posters on this board who like you, debate and discuss typically with good arguments backed by data and refrain from personal attacks.  I want to preserve this.  Because if a poster makes a good argument that someone feels is wrong i want a good argument to show why they are wrong.

I will keep an eye out for blatant racism as i am sure some people may now try and push the envelope.

Have a Happy thanksgiving!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »
No prob.

I see it quite often from other posters on both sides.  Some one makes a good argument with links, data, proof, etc. only to get personal insults in response. After a while the poster thinks to themselves: "What's the use?"  I want to know why they think the argument isn't good without just name calling.    There are many posters on this board who like you, debate and discuss typically with good arguments backed by data and refrain from personal attacks.  I want to preserve this.  Because if a poster makes a good argument that someone feels is wrong i want a good argument to show why they are wrong.

I will keep an eye out for blatant racism as i am sure some people may now try and push the envelope.

Have a Happy thanksgiving!

fair enough

Happy Thanksgiving to you too

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 09:57:46 AM »
Yeah the elementary school playground is closed.

But, You can call people out as much as you want, you just can't call them names and insult them.  Which means you just can't respond to their bullshit with:  asshole, kneepadder, moron, fuckface etc.   you actully have to show them where they are full of shit with an intelligent counter point or a clever way showing how much they are wrong.    So if you can't post like that, you Should stay off the board.   :)

See Straw, Ozzybooboo isn't being such an asshole.
By ruling posters can't call people kneepadders, he's just wiped out ALL of fuckface's vocabulary. I don't know what the moron is going to do now.  :D

w

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »
See Straw, Ozzybooboo isn't being such an asshole.
By ruling posters can't call people kneepadders, he's just wiped out ALL of fuckface's vocabulary. I don't know what the moron is going to do now.  :D

Thats what i said... his post count will drop to a slow crawl...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »
Thats what i said... his post count will drop to a slow crawl...

Look in the mirror chief. 

You are one of the biggest stalkers and trolls the new rule was made for. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 03:32:35 PM »
Look in the mirror chief. 

You are one of the biggest stalkers and trolls the new rule was made for. 
Nope.... it was  made for you...

and dont confuse stalking with, holding you accountable for the shit you say.... i know in your world, accountability isnt important.. but in mine... its everything.