Author Topic: China to build the world's tallest skyscraper in just 90 day  (Read 10401 times)

che

• Getbig V
China to build the world's tallest skyscraper in just 90 day
« on: November 25, 2012, 08:07:16 AM »
WTF?

China has embraced the challenge of putting up the world's tallest building in only 90 days. The 838-meter skyscraper, dubbed Sky City, is set to house 17,400 people as well as a hotel, a hospital, several schools, offices and apartments.
Construction workers from the Broad Sustainable Building company are expected to build at a rate if five stories a day to meet the deadline

Ark Hotel 15-story in 2 days

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: China to build the world's tallest skyscraper in just 90 day
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »
Not possible. At least not safely.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 08:14:48 AM »

Zero injuries

30-story in 15 days

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 08:20:07 AM »
Can be done easily with no slowdowns coming from unions, environmentalists,

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »

China is so massive !
All that people... dictatorship makes it possible to put 500 000 men in one project in a blink of an eye if they want.... there's so much cheap workforce available they can build a dam by giving men just shovels - they don't have to think about productivity of work....

Once those fukers learn to make weapons, they rule.
And they're investing in boosting their technological capabilites more than any other country.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 08:23:13 AM »

It's all modular... pre-fab... all they do at the construction site is snap it all together.  THAT takes 90 days.  But putting together the pre-fabricated units probably took much much longer.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 08:27:22 AM »

China is so massive !
All that people... dictatorship makes it possible to put 500 000 men in one project in a blink of an eye if they want.... there's so much cheap workforce available they can build a dam by giving men just shovels - they don't have to think about productivity of work....

Once those fukers learn to make weapons, they rule.
And they're investing in boosting their technological capabilites more than any other country.

I swear you MUST have a tiny penis. It's the only explanation for this childish obsession with guns and dictators.
from incomplete data

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 08:32:36 AM »
I swear you MUST have a tiny penis. It's the only explanation for this childish obsession with guns and dictators.

why so pissed? That's the truth.
One with weapons is the one who rules. This has been proved in history through and out.

Plus as was supposed to be evident from my post, I'm not fan of China. But their turn on top seems inevitable.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 08:32:42 AM »
It's all modular... pre-fab... all they do at the construction site is snap it all together.  THAT takes 90 days.  But putting together the pre-fabricated units probably took much much longer.

+1

Still - fuck going in it...

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 08:56:02 AM »
Things like this make me wonder whether the hold up we typically have here to erect a building involves the exogenous forces of:

Unions: Always like to find ways to delay work in order to prolong the contract/pay, which ultimately benefits the workers and union leaders.

City regulations: Legal loopholes that are typically rectified after putting in a few applications and paying extensive processing fees (fees that ultimately benefit local municipalties).

Labor workforce: Most workers in Western countries work 8-10 hour days (max), whereas the Chinese will simply pop an IV into their workers providing them with both fluids and parenteral feedings and keep those slugs working, while feeding them ecstasy pills to keep them awake and working like techno-driven robots.

Just makes me wonder, not that I agree with China's ways...

"1"

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 09:08:09 AM »

Unions: Always like to find ways to delay work in order to prolong the contract/pay, which ultimately benefits the workers and union leaders.

Not true my friend , if we don't meet the deadline we get fined ,sometimes as much as $10K a day.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 09:08:43 AM »
Things like this make me wonder whether the hold up we typically have here to erect a building involves the exogenous forces of:

City regulations: Legal loopholes that are typically rectified after putting in a few applications and paying extensive processing fees (fees that ultimately benefit local municipalties).

Labor workforce: Most workers in Western countries work 8-10 hour days (max), whereas the Chinese will simply pop an IV into their workers providing them with both fluids and parenteral feedings and keep those slugs working, while feeding them ecstasy pills to keep them awake and working like techno-driven robots.

"1"

I agree. Something Something like this would never be able to happen in the U.S.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 09:11:18 AM »

"1"

You do need some regulations though, such as safety inspections and what not. Also, lmao at the popping exstacy and IV's.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 09:27:47 AM »
I'm sure those buildings are made like crap and have safety issues.

On the other topic China's wealth comes from exports. They pay their workers crap and no other country can compete with this slave factory wages. If the US ever wakes up and realizes that they should be manufacturing their own crap and puts heavy tariffs on China imports, the China economy will crash. Look at Walmart, Costco and Bj's and the percentage of Chinese goods they sell. The stores would be empty without China. GM is making their car parts in China. Hell even many Gibson guitar models are made in China.

Once a can opener factory in the US realizes they don't have to pay union wages, medical, taxes and rent along with every other expense they go to China to make them.  Now they pay pennies on the dollar to have them made in China leaving all the employees involved in the can opener factory unemployed. I know some would say who wants a can opener factory job. The factory employs secretaries, accountants, security guards, janitors, factory workers, truck drivers and pays taxes. These workers pay taxes too. The economy needs low level job as well as mid and high level. The economy can't rise without all three.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
I'm sure those buildings are made like crap and have safety issues.

On the other topic China's wealth comes from exports. They pay their workers crap and no other country can compete with this slave factory wages. If the US ever wakes up and realizes that they should be manufacturing their own crap and puts heavy tariffs on China imports, the China economy will crash. Look at Walmart, Costco and Bj's and the percentage of Chinese goods they sell. The stores would be empty without China. GM is making their car parts in China. Hell even many Gibson guitar models are made in China.

Once a can opener factory in the US realizes they don't have to pay union wages, medical, taxes and rent along with every other expense they go to China to make them.  Now they pay pennies on the dollar to have them made in China leaving all the employees involved in the can opener factory unemployed. I know some would say who wants a can opener factory job. The factory employs secretaries, accountants, security guards, janitors, factory workers, truck drivers and pays taxes. These workers pay taxes too. The economy needs low level job as well as mid and high level. The economy can't rise without all three.

The fact is everyone in America is so entitled, thy don't want those jobs. But, will cry when a Mexican takes one.  People need to realize that we are not equal, and not everybody can be rich or smart, and just take the hand they're dealt.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »
OMR just wanted to use the word "erect" in a sentence and you all fell for it  ;D

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »
better be solid ground

MikMaq

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 10:04:58 AM »

"1"
Meh unions are always gonna be a round as long as companies want to exploit their workers.

They generally don't crop up when people are taken care of.

As far as the 40 hour a week deal, it's the most bullshit part of employment that ever existed.

The 9-5 shit is retarded.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 10:14:01 AM »
There are a lot of misconceptions about how labor union works .

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 10:37:26 AM »
China will run into the same problems that the US did when books like "Jungle" by upton sinclair came out.  That many people will not allow themselves to be exploited forever.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually they demand a greater quality of life and increased wages.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »
The Chinese are a suspicious people.

I wonder if there is a Chinese version of Getbig somewhere.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 10:41:14 AM »
Abacus users of peace  ::)
a

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 10:47:59 AM »
Meanwhile in north america, the media is busy talking about how great the west is and how the middle-east and east are evil and scary.

Brb, going to drive on non-illuminated pot hole ridden cracked road in the 'great city' toronto and going to visit detroit the one and only motor city of success *sarcasm*

Thanks to the internet people can see the rest of the world for what it is, not what stupid tv says

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 10:52:30 AM »
those kids living there will never get exercise.   Go out and play = go stand on a treadmill.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 10:59:38 AM »
the company i work for gets fined 3500usd a day per working sector on the site.

from each company that cant start their work in said sector.

as we work in 10sector at the same time, the fines can be brutal.

the chinese houses are plug and play, though, like lego.

We have liquidated damages here, but are job dependent. Some are as little as $600 a day on small dot jobs, I've been on base facility jobs where the LD's were over a million dollars by the time it was all said and done.