Author Topic: John McCain: Abortion Issue Should Be Left Alone By Republicans  (Read 2808 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: John McCain: Abortion Issue Should Be Left Alone By Republicans
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
I heard that McCain likes to have Lindsey Graham dress up as Margaret Thatcher before they have sex

Its true.
They sometimes have Mcway on he goes down on Lindsey pretending he is his owner and Mcway is their house slave.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 03:26:31 PM »
Yeah, listening to McCain is a formula for winning. The "religious right" is part of the reason the Republicans were winning in the first place. Sell them out and see how far that gets you.

Besides, I'm sure the left thought the GOP wouldn't win another election after Clinton won a second term. Then, we got Bush.

It's called post-election blues. We lost; so, let's sell out our principles and beliefs, hoping the Dems and their constituents will like us. You can go for full-blown amnesty (as Reagan did), pander for gay "marriage" (as Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, and Jon Huntsman did) and bend over for tax hikes.

Yet, it won't make one bit of difference. You don't beat the far-left by going moderate. You beat them by going conservative, full-bore and unapologetically, which neither of Obama's opponents did.

That, coupled with people reaping the bitter fruits of Obama's stupid policies, will put Republicans back in the winners' circle.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you.  The demographics in this country have changed and they are not going to swing back the the other way ever.  Republicans need to start learning from their mistakes or they aren't going to win a Presidential election ever again.  These are losing issues for them.  If they took my strategy it would probably take 20 years but they could get back in the game.  This is not post election blues.  This is the new reality, ignore it at your own peril.

I agree that Republican should remain conservative but not on these two issues.  The public is not with them on this stuff.  Most of the females that I personally know voted for Obama because of abortion.  Women have drawn a line in the sand on that.  If you are personally against abortion, great.  No one is forcing Republicans to get abortions.  Also there are a shit ton of gays out there.  What difference does it make?  They are going to be gay regardless.  Who is it hurting?  They should be allowed to marry whoever they want.  Equal protection under the law.  The right to pursue happiness, etc.  If we keep everything status quo, wait and see what happens in 2016.  If you think a Republican is going to win you are out of your f**king mind.

Leftists run the education system, the media and Hollywood.  It's a constant stream of liberal BS 24 hours a day.  The game is rigged.  If Republicans don't throw these small issues overboard we have no chance of winning the big issues. We have to shed petty shit that distracts people from what is really important.    

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 03:33:20 PM »
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you.  The demographics in this country have changed and they are not going to swing back the the other way ever.  Republicans need to start learning from their mistakes or they aren't going to win a Presidential election ever again.  These are losing issues for them.  If they took my strategy it would probably take 20 years but they could get back in the game.  This is not post election blues.  This is the new reality, ignore it at your own peril.

I agree that Republican should remain conservative but not on these two issues.  The public is not with them on this stuff.  Most of the females that I personally know voted for Obama because of abortion.  Women have drawn a line in the sand on that.  If you are personally against abortion, great.  No one is forcing Republicans to get abortions.  Also there are a shit ton of gays out there.  What difference does it make?  They are going to be gay regardless.  Who is it hurting?  They should be allowed to marry whoever they want.  Equal protection under the law.  The right to pursue happiness, etc.  If we keep everything status quo, wait and see what happens in 2016.  If you think a Republican is going to win you are out of your f**king mind.

Leftists run the education system, the media and Hollywood.  It's a constant stream of liberal BS 24 hours a day.  The game is rigged.  If Republicans don't throw these small issues overboard we have no chance of winning the big issues. We have to shed petty shit that distracts people from what is really important.    

Good post.

Does leftists run fox?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »

good post

I expect we'll see one of McWays standard responses where he'll say that Repubs just need to get more strident and run candidate further to the right and then somehow all those people who reject moderate Repubs will somehow decide to vote for the more extreme Repubs

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you.  The demographics in this country have changed and they are not going to swing back the the other way ever.  Republicans need to start learning from their mistakes or they aren't going to win a Presidential election ever again.  These are losing issues for them.  If they took my strategy it would probably take 20 years but they could get back in the game.  This is not post election blues.  This is the new reality, ignore it at your own peril.

I agree that Republican should remain conservative but not on these two issues.  The public is not with them on this stuff.  Most of the females that I personally know voted for Obama because of abortion.  Women have drawn a line in the sand on that.  If you are personally against abortion, great.  No one is forcing Republicans to get abortions.  Also there are a shit ton of gays out there.  What difference does it make?  They are going to be gay regardless.  Who is it hurting?  They should be allowed to marry whoever they want.  Equal protection under the law.  The right to pursue happiness, etc.  If we keep everything status quo, wait and see what happens in 2016.  If you think a Republican is going to win you are out of your f**king mind.

Leftists run the education system, the media and Hollywood.  It's a constant stream of liberal BS 24 hours a day.  The game is rigged.  If Republicans don't throw these small issues overboard we have no chance of winning the big issues. We have to shed petty shit that distracts people from what is really important.   

Nah...most of this is nonsense.

And polls tend to show that only a small % actually require the nominee to align themselves with the voter's views on abortion - hell, u can probably find that on public databases.

And save the bs...cause I'm 100% pro choice.

If you got some data or studies, I have access to academic databases.  Feel free to toss them out.

But the data just doesn't support your claim.

Not that Dems (not saying u are one), care about facts, lolol.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 04:01:13 PM »
Obama has already succeeded and will continue to do so

I'm sure you'll run through the same set of delusions and denials with each new success

And those success would be...

Lower unemployment? NOPE!!

Lower energy prices? NOPE!!

Halving the deficit? NOPE!!

Getting people off welfare and back to work? NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 04:05:58 PM »
good post

I expect we'll see one of McWays standard responses where he'll say that Repubs just need to get more strident and run candidate further to the right and then somehow all those people who reject moderate Repubs will somehow decide to vote for the more extreme Repubs

Listen to what you just said. If those people rejected "moderate Repubs" (i.e. RINOs who, for all practical purposes, are Democrats), how is going further left going to get their votes again?

Don't bring up the social issues; lay off abortion, gay "marriage", etc. The last two guys did that and got BEAT.

Yet, the last Republican that did such and actually did so in a way that reached out minorities (in 2004) ACTUALLY WON.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »
And those success would be...

Lower unemployment? NOPE!!

Lower energy prices? NOPE!!

Halving the deficit? NOPE!!

Getting people off welfare and back to work? NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

news flash

UE is lower than when Obama took office

Energy prices are not controlled by the POTUS and never have been

Deficit has gone down every year since Obama took office starting in 2010 (the projected deficit for 2009 was 1.2 billion before he ever stepped into office and at a time of the worse economic condition in this country since the Great Depression)

You've lied or deluded yourself on each category

Why am I not suprised

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »
Listen to what you just said. If those people rejected "moderate Repubs" (i.e. RINOs who, for all practical purposes, are Democrats), how is going further left going to get their votes again?

Don't bring up the social issues; lay off abortion, gay "marriage", etc. The last two guys did that and got BEAT.

Yet, the last Republican that did such and actually did so in a way that reached out minorities (in 2004) ACTUALLY WON.

soooo... what the winning plan for Repubs in 2014 or 2016

Is it to run candidates who are even farther to the right ?

yes or no?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
Good post.

Does leftists run fox?

Fox is the Republican needle in the Democrat haystack called the press.

I watch both Fox News and CNN and then try to pull the truth from competing lines of bullshit.  These people are all full of shit.   MSNBC is the worst of them all and they can suck nuts. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »
news flash

UE is lower than when Obama took office

7.6, when he took office; 7.9 now. 8% or higher for most of his first term, except (of course) the month before the election.

Try that again.

Energy prices are not controlled by the POTUS and never have been

Tell that to the folks that blamed Bush for high gas prices, which basically occurred the last year of his presidency but was back down to $1.85, when Obama took office.

Deficit has gone down every year since Obama took office starting in 2010 (the projected deficit for 2009 was 1.2 billion before he ever stepped into office and at a time of the worse economic condition in this country since the Great Depression)

Is that right?

Obama’s response leaves the false impression that President George W. Bush and the 2008 recession are responsible for a whopping 90 percent of the deficits in the last four years.

It’s true that Obama “inherited the biggest deficit in our history,” as he said on CBS. By the time Obama took office in January 2009, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office had already estimated that increased spending and decreased revenues would result in a $1.2 trillion deficit for fiscal year 2009, which began Oct. 1, 2008. In a detailed analysis of fiscal year 2009, we found that Obama was responsible for adding at most $203 billion to the deficit, which in the end topped $1.4 trillion that year.

But that was just the first of four years of trillion-plus deficits. The last three budgets fall squarely under Obama. And, during that time, the federal government ran up deficits of $1.3 trillion in 2010, $1.3 trillion in 2011, and about $1.2 trillion in the fiscal year that ends Sept. 30 — for a total of nearly $5.2 trillion in deficit spending.

Now, affixing responsibility (i.e., blame) for mega-deficits and the ballooning federal debt is filled with ideological landmines. Obama doesn’t take responsibility for war spending, for example, even though he continued the spending and, in fact, increased U.S. troop levels in Afghanistan. He also doesn’t want to take the blame for the expense of creating the Medicare prescription drug program — although his federal health care law increased funding for it. (The law will gradually close the notorious doughnut hole that caused some seniors to pay nearly $2,000 in prescription drug costs because of a gap in coverage.)

Regardless of how you assess blame, this much we can say with certainty: Obama’s policies are responsible for more than 10 percent of the deficits accumulated over the last four years.

Consider that just two pieces of legislation he signed account for nearly a third of the $5.2 trillion in deficits since 2009:

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, better known as the stimulus act, will cost $831 billion through 2019, according to the CBO. The administration estimates the stimulus at $800 billion through 2011.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 extended the Bush tax cuts and cut the Social Security payroll tax for two years, as well as provided relief to some taxpayers who otherwise would have had to pay the alternative minimum tax. The 2010 tax act cost nearly $800 billion in 2011 and 2012.
The administration does not take responsibility for all of the spending in the 2010 tax act (which we will detail later). But Treasury accepts that the administration is responsible for another $410 billion in additional tax cuts and spending through 2011.

That means at a minimum the Obama administration is responsible for $2 trillion, or 39 percent of the $5.17 trillion in deficits since fiscal year 2009.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/09/obamas-deficit-dodge/

So, if the deficit was 1.2 trillion before he took office (FY 2009) and it's 1.2 trillion NOW, he didn't reduce JACK in his first term. He was supposed to cut it in HALF. He raised the deficit to 1.3 trillion for FY 2010 and FY 2011.

You might not be the best at math; but, half of 1.2 trillion ain't......1.2 TRILLION.

You've lied or deluded yourself on each category

Why am I not suprised

Defending Obama's utter failure, even though the numbers clearly show that he didn't do what he said he would do, regarding unemployment, jobs, and the deficit.

Why am I not surprised?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 09:27:27 PM »
Wow McCain finally figured something out.  It only took 80 years.  Abortion and Gay marriage are losing issues for Republicans.  Republicans should do an about face on these two issues.  The majority of the American people are not with them.  The religious right are getting old and dying so stop trying to jump through hoops for them.  You still aren't going to win the Presidency for at least a another decade but it would go along way toward repairing your damaged brand.  This is what we should be talking about.....

Responsable spending = Hell yes

Balance budget = Hell yes

Reduce national debt = Hell yes

Strong defense = Hell yes

Border security = Hell yes

Amnesty = Fuck no

Obamacare = Fuck no

Abortion = So be it

Gay marriage = Go for it

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »
P.I.P. is that a "right on" or a "how dare you".  I can't tell if you are a fan or if you hate my guts. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 10:03:54 PM »
P.I.P. is that a "right on" or a "how dare you".  I can't tell if you are a fan or if you hate my guts. 

I'm a fan sir!

You're a man that commands respect.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 10:05:53 PM »
I'm a fan sir!

You're a man that commands respect.

Out fucking standing.

Cheers

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 02:19:49 AM »
Fox is the Republican needle in the Democrat haystack called the press.

I watch both Fox News and CNN and then try to pull the truth from competing lines of bullshit.  These people are all full of shit.   MSNBC is the worst of them all and they can suck nuts. 

Its the most watched network so wouldt that make FOX the haystack and the rest needles?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 02:22:31 AM »
7.6, when he took office; 7.9 now. 8% or higher for most of his first term, except (of course) the month before the election.

Try that again.

Tell that to the folks that blamed Bush for high gas prices, which basically occurred the last year of his presidency but was back down to $1.85, when Obama took office.

Is that right?

Obama’s response leaves the false impression that President George W. Bush and the 2008 recession are responsible for a whopping 90 percent of the deficits in the last four years.

It’s true that Obama “inherited the biggest deficit in our history,” as he said on CBS. By the time Obama took office in January 2009, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office had already estimated that increased spending and decreased revenues would result in a $1.2 trillion deficit for fiscal year 2009, which began Oct. 1, 2008. In a detailed analysis of fiscal year 2009, we found that Obama was responsible for adding at most $203 billion to the deficit, which in the end topped $1.4 trillion that year.

But that was just the first of four years of trillion-plus deficits. The last three budgets fall squarely under Obama. And, during that time, the federal government ran up deficits of $1.3 trillion in 2010, $1.3 trillion in 2011, and about $1.2 trillion in the fiscal year that ends Sept. 30 — for a total of nearly $5.2 trillion in deficit spending.

Now, affixing responsibility (i.e., blame) for mega-deficits and the ballooning federal debt is filled with ideological landmines. Obama doesn’t take responsibility for war spending, for example, even though he continued the spending and, in fact, increased U.S. troop levels in Afghanistan. He also doesn’t want to take the blame for the expense of creating the Medicare prescription drug program — although his federal health care law increased funding for it. (The law will gradually close the notorious doughnut hole that caused some seniors to pay nearly $2,000 in prescription drug costs because of a gap in coverage.)

Regardless of how you assess blame, this much we can say with certainty: Obama’s policies are responsible for more than 10 percent of the deficits accumulated over the last four years.

Consider that just two pieces of legislation he signed account for nearly a third of the $5.2 trillion in deficits since 2009:

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, better known as the stimulus act, will cost $831 billion through 2019, according to the CBO. The administration estimates the stimulus at $800 billion through 2011.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 extended the Bush tax cuts and cut the Social Security payroll tax for two years, as well as provided relief to some taxpayers who otherwise would have had to pay the alternative minimum tax. The 2010 tax act cost nearly $800 billion in 2011 and 2012.
The administration does not take responsibility for all of the spending in the 2010 tax act (which we will detail later). But Treasury accepts that the administration is responsible for another $410 billion in additional tax cuts and spending through 2011.

That means at a minimum the Obama administration is responsible for $2 trillion, or 39 percent of the $5.17 trillion in deficits since fiscal year 2009.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/09/obamas-deficit-dodge/

So, if the deficit was 1.2 trillion before he took office (FY 2009) and it's 1.2 trillion NOW, he didn't reduce JACK in his first term. He was supposed to cut it in HALF. He raised the deficit to 1.3 trillion for FY 2010 and FY 2011.

You might not be the best at math; but, half of 1.2 trillion ain't......1.2 TRILLION.

Defending Obama's utter failure, even though the numbers clearly show that he didn't do what he said he would do, regarding unemployment, jobs, and the deficit.

Why am I not surprised?

http://www.skymachines.com/US-National-Debt-Per-Capita-Percent-of-GDP-and-by-Presidental-Term.htm

You fail again Mcway. Facts arent really your strong point, huh?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 03:28:45 AM »
Its the most watched network so wouldt that make FOX the haystack and the rest needles?

No it would not in my mind because they are are but one Republican network amongst a shit-ton of Democrat networks.  It just so happens that more people choose to watch the lone right slanted network.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 07:04:02 AM »
Wow McCain finally figured something out.  It only took 80 years.  Abortion and Gay marriage are losing issues for Republicans.  Republicans should do an about face on these two issues.  The majority of the American people are not with them.  The religious right are getting old and dying so stop trying to jump through hoops for them.  You still aren't going to win the Presidency for at least a another decade but it would go along way toward repairing your damaged brand.  This is what we should be talking about.....

Responsable spending = Hell yes

Balance budget = Hell yes

Reduce national debt = Hell yes

Strong defense = Hell yes

Border security = Hell yes

Amnesty = Fuck no

Obamacare = Fuck no

Abortion = So be it

Gay marriage = Go for it

Bro, using common sense and logic to make good points doesn't go very far on this board.  (I agree with all of the above)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 08:10:36 AM »
http://www.skymachines.com/US-National-Debt-Per-Capita-Percent-of-GDP-and-by-Presidental-Term.htm

You fail again Mcway. Facts arent really your strong point, huh?

Has the deficit been cut in half?

NOPE!!

1.3 Trillion in FY 2010; 1.3 trillion in FY 2011, 1.2 trillion in FY 2012.

You fail, Whork.

In fact, you shot yourself in the foot with the very link you used:

12/31/2008   BUSH   $10,699,804,864,612   15.9%   89.0%   8.3%   $14,441,400,000,000   74.1%   $451,154,049,951   3.1%      
12/31/2009   OBAMA   $12,311,349,677,512   15.1%           $14,256,300,000,000   86.4%   $383,071,060,815   2.7%      
12/31/2010   OBAMA   $14,025,215,218,709   13.9%           $14,745,100,000,000   95.1%   $413,954,825,362   2.8%   
12/31/2011   OBAMA   $15,125,898,976,397   7.8%    41.4%   12.2%   $15,321,000,000,000   98.7%   $454,393,280,417   3.0%      
6/30/2012   OBAMA   $15,856,367,214,324   4.8%

10.7 trillion when Obama took office; 16 trillion NOW.

More debt by Obama in four years than Bush in EIGHT.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 08:20:13 AM »
Interesting how people blame Obama over the deficit yet never acknowledge that it was because of a Republican that we have one in the first place.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 08:22:08 AM »
Interesting how people blame Obama over the deficit yet never acknowledge that it was because of a Republican that we have one in the first place.

He has had 4 years to do something about it correct?

He ran on fixing it correct? 

Amazing the lack of any responsibility Obama ever gets for anything.  Always someone elses fault.   

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2012, 08:31:39 AM »
No it would not in my mind because they are are but one Republican network amongst a shit-ton of Democrat networks.  It just so happens that more people choose to watch the lone right slanted network.   

If dem have all the power how do you explain the SuperPACS?

You dont think power and money go hand-in-hand?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »

But, when Obama runs his campaign on fixing the debt but instead makes it EVEN LARGER (racking up more in one term than Bush did in two), the blame falls on Obama.

He has had 4 years to do something about it correct?

He ran on fixing it correct?  

Amazing the lack of any responsibility Obama ever gets for anything.  Always someone elses fault.    

Or someTHING else's fault, depending on what day you catch him.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2012, 08:36:09 AM »
Has the deficit been cut in half?

NOPE!!

1.3 Trillion in FY 2010; 1.3 trillion in FY 2011, 1.2 trillion in FY 2012.

You fail, Whork.

In fact, you shot yourself in the foot with the very link you used:

12/31/2008   BUSH   $10,699,804,864,612   15.9%   89.0%   8.3%   $14,441,400,000,000   74.1%   $451,154,049,951   3.1%      
12/31/2009   OBAMA   $12,311,349,677,512   15.1%           $14,256,300,000,000   86.4%   $383,071,060,815   2.7%      
12/31/2010   OBAMA   $14,025,215,218,709   13.9%           $14,745,100,000,000   95.1%   $413,954,825,362   2.8%   
12/31/2011   OBAMA   $15,125,898,976,397   7.8%    41.4%   12.2%   $15,321,000,000,000   98.7%   $454,393,280,417   3.0%      
6/30/2012   OBAMA   $15,856,367,214,324   4.8%

10.7 trillion when Obama took office; 16 trillion NOW.

More debt by Obama in four years than Bush in EIGHT.

No Mcway you owned yourself again by not being able to read and understand numbers. Kind of like your inability to comprehend facts.

Ill help you.

Why do you think it increased the fastest in Bush's last years and in Obama's first?