Author Topic: John McCain: Abortion Issue Should Be Left Alone By Republicans  (Read 2809 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
John McCain: Abortion Issue Should Be Left Alone By Republicans
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
First, they embrace amnesty.  Then they'll play ball on tax hikes.  Then obamacare is the law of the land.

Now, this?  ???

"Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Sunday urged members of his party to leave abortion discussions "alone," warning that focusing on the issue puts the Republican Party at risk of alienating young and female voters.

"As far as young women are concerned, absolutely, I don't think anybody like me -- I can state my position on abortion but, other than that, leave the issue alone, when we are in the kind of economic situation and, frankly, national security situation that we're in," McCain said during an appearance on "Fox News Sunday."

"Fox host Chris Wallace asked McCain if that meant he would support "freedom of choice."

"I would allow people to have those opinions and respect those opinions," McCain responded. "I'm proud of my pro-life position and record. But if someone disagrees with me, I respect your views."

<cut>

"McCain stressed that the Republican party woud have to make changes to attract the voting groups that put President Obama over the edge, including young voters and women.

"The demographics are not on our side," he said. "We're going to have to give a much more positive agenda. We can't just be against the Democrats ... We have to be for things."

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: John McCain: Abortion Issue Should Be Left Alone By Republicans
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 11:03:57 PM »
Wow McCain finally figured something out.  It only took 80 years.  Abortion and Gay marriage are losing issues for Republicans.  Republicans should do an about face on these two issues.  The majority of the American people are not with them.  The religious right are getting old and dying so stop trying to jump through hoops for them.  You still aren't going to win the Presidency for at least a another decade but it would go along way toward repairing your damaged brand.  This is what we should be talking about.....

Responsable spending = Hell yes

Balance budget = Hell yes

Reduce national debt = Hell yes

Strong defense = Hell yes

Border security = Hell yes

Amnesty = Fuck no

Obamacare = Fuck no

Abortion = So be it

Gay marriage = Go for it

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 05:01:22 AM »
republican'ts are the dumbest breed of american't

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 05:05:33 AM »
republican'ts are the dumbest breed of american't

That was insightfull.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 09:44:57 AM »
Wow McCain finally figured something out.  It only took 80 years.  Abortion and Gay marriage are losing issues for Republicans.  Republicans should do an about face on these two issues.  The majority of the American people are not with them.  The religious right are getting old and dying so stop trying to jump through hoops for them.  You still aren't going to win the Presidency for at least a another decade but it would go along way toward repairing your damaged brand.  This is what we should be talking about.....

Responsable spending = Hell yes

Balance budget = Hell yes

Reduce national debt = Hell yes

Strong defense = Hell yes

Border security = Hell yes

Amnesty = Fuck no

Obamacare = Fuck no

Abortion = So be it

Gay marriage = Go for it

Yeah, listening to McCain is a formula for winning. The "religious right" is part of the reason the Republicans were winning in the first place. Sell them out and see how far that gets you.

Besides, I'm sure the left thought the GOP wouldn't win another election after Clinton won a second term. Then, we got Bush.

First, they embrace amnesty.  Then they'll play ball on tax hikes.  Then obamacare is the law of the land.

Now, this?  ???

It's called post-election blues. We lost; so, let's sell out our principles and beliefs, hoping the Dems and their constituents will like us. You can go for full-blown amnesty (as Reagan did), pander for gay "marriage" (as Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, and Jon Huntsman did) and bend over for tax hikes.

Yet, it won't make one bit of difference. You don't beat the far-left by going moderate. You beat them by going conservative, full-bore and unapologetically, which neither of Obama's opponents did.

That, coupled with people reaping the bitter fruits of Obama's stupid policies, will put Republicans back in the winners' circle.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 09:49:02 AM »
McCain is 100% correct but the brain dead bible thumpers will never relent

If the party had any brains (which it does not) it would tell the fundies to fuck off (just like Romney effectively told the teabaggers to fuck off at the convention) and sit down and shut up

Fundies will never join the Dem party (maybe a few of the smarter ones will but most will not) and they will have no place to go

they will become irrelevant to the political discourse......as they should be

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 09:56:32 AM »
McCain is 100% correct but the brain dead bible thumpers will never relent

If the party had any brains (which it does not) it would tell the fundies to fuck off (just like Romney effectively told the teabaggers to fuck off at the convention) and sit down and shut up

And look where that got him. He got FEWER voters than McCain did. Without the "fundies", NO REPUBLICAN has a chance of winning the presidency. The sooner these can't-sell-out-fast-enough-to-appease-Obama Republicans get that, the better.

They wouldn't even have the House, if it weren't for the "fundies".

Fundies will never join the Dem party (maybe a few of the smarter ones will but most will not) and they will have no place to go

they will become irrelevant to the political discourse......as they should be

Hardly!!

Tell the "fundies" to "f^#* off" now, and they'll effectively tell you to do the same on election day.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 10:00:16 AM »
And look where that got him. He got FEWER voters than McCain did. Without the "fundies", NO REPUBLICAN has a chance of winning the presidency. The sooner these can't-sell-out-fast-enough-to-appease-Obama Republicans get that, the better.

They wouldn't even have the House, if it weren't for the "fundies".

Hardly!!

Tell the "fundies" to "f^#* off" now, and they'll effectively tell you to do the same on election day.

the fundie morons contributed to the Repub loss in the last election and it will only get worse the next time

don't worry though, I told you that Republicans were too stupid to understand this so I'm sure they will not abandon the brain dead bible thumpers

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »
the fundie morons contributed to the Repub loss in the last election and it will only get worse the next time

don't worry though, I told you that Republicans were too stupid to understand this so I'm sure they will not abandon the brain dead bible thumpers

Mcway is afraid the GOP will abandon him.

Then he will be all alone :'(

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 10:08:52 AM »

I'm sure his butt buddy Lindsey Graham will still talk to him

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »

What are you talking about? Romney got FEWER voters than McCain. And considering that Romney won those precious independents, who does that leave out of the equation?

And Democrats are too stupid to realize that you don't raise taxes in this type of economy. Nor can you keep people on the government dole indefinitely, before it eventually collapses.

But, as usual, liberals have to learn things the hard way. They (along with you) will be the main ones shocked at Obama's failure to create jobs, lower unemployment, and fix the economy in his second term.....just as he failed to do in his first term.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »
What are you talking about? Romney got FEWER voters than McCain. And considering that Romney won those precious independents, who does that leave out of the equation?

And Democrats are too stupid to realize that you don't raise taxes in this type of economy. Nor can you keep people on the government dole indefinitely, before it eventually collapses.

But, as usual, liberals have to learn things the hard way. They (along with you) will be the main ones shocked at Obama's failure to create jobs, lower unemployment, and fix the economy in his second term.....just as he failed to do in his first term.

keep telling yourself all of that

you're the typical Repub that I'm talking about

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 10:11:39 AM »

Don't bet on it.

As I said before, this is just the usual post-election blues, which sound virtually identical to 2004 (see my thread on that).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »
keep telling yourself all of that

you're the typical Repub that I'm talking about

And you're the typical liberal that I mentioned, actually silly enough to think Obama is going to succeed now, when he failed the last time, doing basically the same stupid stuff.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 10:14:07 AM »
And you're the typical liberal that I mentioned, actually silly enough to think Obama is going to succeed now, when he failed the last time, doing basically the same stupid stuff.

Obama has already succeeded and so has the Democratic Party

Jebus Christ Repubs are really fucking stupid

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
Obama has already succeeded and so has the Democratic Party

Jebus Christ Repubs are really fucking stupid

You might want to find a mirror, if you're looking for stupid.

My statements were in references to his policies working, as advertised.

What happened to all those "shovel-ready" jobs?

What happened to keeping unemployment under 8% (it's supposed to be around 5% by now)?

What happened to lowering healthcare premiums?

That, and a laundry list of other items (by Obama's standards) make him a failure.

Based on your criticisms of Bush, the concept of a guy being a failed president (even by winning a second term) is hardly lost on you.

So, is the Bush presidency a success or a failure?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 10:22:58 AM »

What happened to keeping unemployment under 8% (it's supposed to be around 5% by now)?

That, and a laundry list of other items (by Obama's standards) make him a failure.

Based on your criticisms of Bush, the concept of a guy being a failed president (even by winning a second term) is hardly lost on you.

keep telling yourself whatever you want

the fact is that your party lost because your party's ideas suck, your party sucks and your voters suck

hopefully they will double down on all the losing ideas for the next election

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »
I'm sure his butt buddy Lindsey Graham will still talk to him

Nah Lindsey doesnt like a black ass.

He thinks it gives him AIDS.

You know how much republicans is into science.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 10:26:45 AM »

Bush WAS a succes by republicans standards.

He made the rich richer and crashed the country so they could blame it on the next guy.

Mission accomplished.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 10:28:06 AM »
keep telling yourself whatever you want

the fact is that your party lost because your party's ideas suck, your party sucks and your voters suck

hopefully they will double down on all the losing ideas for the next election

And when Obama fails again to live up to his promises, what excuses will you use this time around?

Spending you money you don't have and basically paying people to not work, while embracing job-killing policies and regulations are recipes for disaster.

Keep telling yourself you're going to win elections indefinitely with this. BTW, you didn't answer my question as to whether Bush's presidency was a success or failure?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 10:30:37 AM »
Bush WAS a succes by republicans standards.

He made the rich richer and crashed the country so they could blame it on the next guy.

Mission accomplished.

Yep.  Kinda wish we had that surplus now that Clinton left us with right?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
Yep.  Kinda wish we had that surplus now that Clinton left us with right?

No the wars, tax breaks etc was all worth it.

And now its the Dem they blame for the huge deficit.

If ever go into politics i will run as a republican you can sell their voters shit and they will claim its flowers.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
Yeah, because everyone wants time shares in Iraq right?  That's why it makes sense that all the Repubs kept crying that our soldiers were over there fighting for our rights and freedom.  (Not the Iraqis mind you, but ours)  Cause we want the muthafuckin right to walk down to the corner store with our pants hanging off our asses over there.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »
And when Obama fails again to live up to his promises, what excuses will you use this time around?

Spending you money you don't have and basically paying people to not work, while embracing job-killing policies and regulations are recipes for disaster.

Keep telling yourself you're going to win elections indefinitely with this. BTW, you didn't answer my question as to whether Bush's presidency was a success or failure?

Obama has already succeeded and will continue to do so

I'm sure you'll run through the same set of delusions and denials with each new success

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »
Nah Lindsey doesnt like a black ass.

He thinks it gives him AIDS.

You know how much republicans is into science.

I heard that McCain likes to have Lindsey Graham dress up as Margaret Thatcher before they have sex