Author Topic: Raw Eggs - Again...  (Read 6192 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Raw Eggs - Again...
« on: November 27, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »
Okay guys... Answer this for me

Raw eggs:

12 good quality eggs for $1.50, 72g protein in a dozen.

That's .69 Cents for 20g serving protein from raw eggs versus $1.20/20g serving of comparable egg protein powder.

As far as I know, you get a little bit less protein out of a raw egg (versus a cooked egg). Still not bad

Raw eggs have way more nutrients, minerals, etc than egg protein powder (it must?).

The chances of getting sick from raw eggs is suppose to be 1 in 30,000?

Eggs are the best source of protein, better than whey.

The white can caused a biotin deficiency, but the yolk makes up for that with its abundance of biotin?

You can quickly and easily down 20g of raw eggs, you have to mix up protein powder with milk or some other shitty drink and it taste like shit and takes forever to drink.

So why not get your protein from raw eggs?

???

I've been doing it for two weeks and it seems to be going very good.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Raw Eggs - Again...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 08:39:32 PM »
Don't forget the cole slaw. Get some extra gravy too.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 08:40:41 PM »
Don't forget the cole slaw. Get some extra gravy too.

You know better than to talk to me like that when I'm hurtin'

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »
Vince Gironda Eggs Diet

2-3 dozen eggs a day is a lot, especially if your current diet is moderate in protein and fat. Take it easy at first, and remember you will not be taking in any carbohydrates (assuming you are doing the fat loss diet) except once every 3-4 days in the form of a carb only meal.

Cooking and eating 2-3 dozen cooked eggs a day is difficult, but I found shakes to be the most convenient way of getting my fill.

One shake consists of:

Cream (half and half)
12 eggs (raw)
Water and Ice
Pure protein powder (quality whey/or milk and egg) - the powder is mainly for flavor.

Drink this throughout your morning as breakfast.

Adjust the volume to your preference (ie. taste and consistency).

And adjust the egg content to what you can handle (ex. 6 eggs x 3 x day = 1.5 doz. = half way to 3 doz.)

Repeat at noon and evening. Or make several shakes in the morning and bring them with you to work (so long as you have a fridge for storage).

If you want to eat, eat some eggs or meat. But you'll probably find your appetite calms down, and your cravings will subside.

Nick told me my diet was...

eggs: unlimited
meat: unlimited
..."thats it, any questions?"

remember to take digestive enzymes, an EFA blend, and a quality multi-vit (good b complex)
Vince liked liver tabs, and glandulars as well.

If you are not trying to lose bodyfat then just keep your carb intake moderate. By moderate I mean have some toast with your eggs, or enjoy a small veggie side dish with your steak. What I don't mean is inhaling worthless cereals, or other processed starchy foods with every meal. The kind of carbs you ingest doesn't matter...it all becomes a form a glucose (sugar) and will cause an insulin response (usually leading to bodyfat deposits). The exception would be fiberous food products, as your body cannot digest them.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
Vince Gironda Eggs Diet

2-3 dozen eggs a day is a lot, especially if your current diet is moderate in protein and fat. Take it easy at first, and remember you will not be taking in any carbohydrates (assuming you are doing the fat loss diet) except once every 3-4 days in the form of a carb only meal.

Cooking and eating 2-3 dozen cooked eggs a day is difficult, but I found shakes to be the most convenient way of getting my fill.

One shake consists of:

Cream (half and half)
12 eggs (raw)
Water and Ice
Pure protein powder (quality whey/or milk and egg) - the powder is mainly for flavor.

Drink this throughout your morning as breakfast.

Adjust the volume to your preference (ie. taste and consistency).

And adjust the egg content to what you can handle (ex. 6 eggs x 3 x day = 1.5 doz. = half way to 3 doz.)

Repeat at noon and evening. Or make several shakes in the morning and bring them with you to work (so long as you have a fridge for storage).

If you want to eat, eat some eggs or meat. But you'll probably find your appetite calms down, and your cravings will subside.

Nick told me my diet was...

eggs: unlimited
meat: unlimited
..."thats it, any questions?"

remember to take digestive enzymes, an EFA blend, and a quality multi-vit (good b complex)
Vince liked liver tabs, and glandulars as well.

If you are not trying to lose bodyfat then just keep your carb intake moderate. By moderate I mean have some toast with your eggs, or enjoy a small veggie side dish with your steak. What I don't mean is inhaling worthless cereals, or other processed starchy foods with every meal. The kind of carbs you ingest doesn't matter...it all becomes a form a glucose (sugar) and will cause an insulin response (usually leading to bodyfat deposits). The exception would be fiberous food products, as your body cannot digest them.

Interesting, thanks!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »
Salmonella.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 08:57:54 PM »
Salmonella.

I believe you only have a 1 in 30,000 (from what I've read) chance of getting Salmonella from raw eggs.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »
I pay 3.50 for a dozen natural, cage free chicken eggs. Where can you get a dozen for 1.50?
all drugs - TPPIIP

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »
I pay 3.50 for a dozen natural, cage free chicken eggs. Where can you get a dozen for 1.50?

Aldi, sometimes they're only like $1.10.

These aren't organic/free range though.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 01:57:49 AM »
Interesting..after short calculation we see what that means in real life:

12 whole eggs = 3924 kcal = 6 deciliter(dl)

cream(half and half) 6 dl = 2150 kcal

cream + eggs = 1.2 L = 6074 kcal = 15582 mg cholesterol and 314 grams of protein just from eggs and cream.

Nice breakfast. With that kind of breakfast and all the other food during the day and evening, you end up eating 14000 - 18000 calories per day, including 600 - 900 grams of protein, which seem to be quite a lot..

Where the hell did you get 18,000 Calories from?

36 raw eggs only have about 1900 Cal, total.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=36+eggs

2450 if you fry them

all drugs - TPPIIP

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 02:50:16 AM »
The white can caused a biotin deficiency, but the yolk makes up for that with its abundance of biotin?

No, there's not nearly enough.  And pasteurized egg whites have active avidin in them despite what Bob Chick believes.

You're not going to keel over in a matter of weeks but it's bad to continue for months or years.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 03:06:24 AM »
You're lust for the protein is sickening.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 03:18:12 AM »
When i drank raw egg whites, i made no gains...As soon as i started cooking them, the gains came over night...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 03:34:44 AM »
I've been eating them scrambled topped with cheese, salsa, 1/2 a fresh avocado, and sour cream in the morning.  You have been determinedly swilling a mass of snot while fighting an urge to vomit. 

Contemplate this on The Tree of Woe.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 04:02:55 AM »
No, there's not nearly enough.  And pasteurized egg whites have active avidin in them despite what Bob Chick believes.

You're not going to keel over in a matter of weeks but it's bad to continue for months or years.

I can't find the quote or thread, but someone here (maybe it was Chick!) once posted information suggesting that the pasteurization process does take egg whites to or above the temperature necessary to neutralize its avidan content, thereby sparing any biotin issues.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 05:22:24 AM »
Where the hell did you get 18,000 Calories from?

36 raw eggs only have about 1900 Cal, total.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=36+eggs

2450 if you fry them

There were little error in my calculation, that's all. Thanks to point it out.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 05:24:02 AM »
Salmonella.

not a big risk for a healthy person

i've been eating raw eggs for years and have never been sick

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 05:59:02 AM »
Someone post up that video of that Palumbo-gutted, extra shredded asian dude with glasses who drank bowls of raw eggs. I think he's dead now. Was freaky watching that guy drink all those eggs. Tres gross.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 07:34:33 AM »
I believe you only have a 1 in 30,000 (from what I've read) chance of getting Salmonella from raw eggs.

Salmonella is found on the shell vs. inside as well.  Wash the eggs to eliminate it.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 08:03:05 AM »
so why not cook them?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »

I can't find the quote or thread, but someone here (maybe it was Chick!) once posted information suggesting that the pasteurization process does take egg whites to or above the temperature necessary to neutralize its avidan content, thereby sparing any biotin issues.

It was Bob. What he posted were the claims of the egg white company he represented, namely that their pasteurization 'neutralized' the avidin.  It was a false claim made to sell their product.  I honestly don't think Bob knew any better.  He was just trying to be a good rep for the company, but the company shouldn't have been pitching their product with false claims in print on their website.

I confirmed the ability of avidin to retain its biotin affinity beyond pasteurization temperature with a few sources, most notably a dude at the University of Nebraska who specialized in egg pasteurization.  He confirmed that the company's process was sufficient to kill salmonella but would have no effect on avidin.  I can't supply his reply email, however, since the email account I used is now defunct.

The bottom line is that egg proteins, including avidin, retain their structure and properties until heated to a temperature at which they denature and coagulate, like when eggs scramble.  Basically, if it's not a cooked egg then the avidin problem remains.

I let it go at the time because Bob was just trying to make a living and I didn't want him to lose his contract.  The company was making a bullshit claim though, and I probably should have taken them to task for it without involving Chick.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »
It was Bob. What he posted were the claims of the egg white company he represented, namely that their pasteurization 'neutralized' the avidin.  It was a false claim made to sell their product.  I honestly don't think Bob knew any better.  He was just trying to be a good rep for the company, but the company shouldn't have been pitching their product with false claims in print on their website.

I confirmed the ability of avidin to retain its biotin affinity beyond pasteurization temperature with a few sources, most notably a dude at the University of Nebraska who specialized in egg pasteurization.  He confirmed that the company's process was sufficient to kill salmonella but would have no effect on avidin.  I can't supply his reply email, however, since the email account I used is now defunct.

The bottom line is that egg proteins, including avidin, retain their structure and properties until heated to a temperature at which they denature and coagulate, like when eggs scramble.  Basically, if it's not a cooked egg then the avidin problem remains.

I let it go at the time because Bob was just trying to make a living and I didn't want him to lose his contract.  The company was making a bullshit claim though, and I probably should have taken them to task for it without involving Chick.

Good info. Thanks for sharing!

I consume lots of raw eggs (regular & carton), but I make it a point to eat maybe a dozen cooked throughout the week to avoid biotin absorption issues. As you mentioned, it's not that easy/common to suffer a biotin deficiency.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 06:57:37 PM »

Good info. Thanks for sharing!

I consume lots of raw eggs (regular & carton), but I make it a point to eat maybe a dozen cooked throughout the week to avoid biotin absorption issues. As you mentioned, it's not that easy/common to suffer a biotin deficiency.

No worries, man.  Just remind me not to get trapped in an elevator with you without a gas mask.  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 07:04:34 PM »
No worries, man.  Just remind me not to get trapped in an elevator with you without a gas mask.  ;D

LMAO!!

Hey, stop by the Nutrition Board sometime.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 08:00:28 PM »
Someone post up that video of that Palumbo-gutted, extra shredded asian dude with glasses who drank bowls of raw eggs. I think he's dead now. Was freaky watching that guy drink all those eggs. Tres gross.

He was grinding up raw chicken in his eggs.  I believe that's what killed him.