Author Topic: Me squatting 315x41  (Read 16276 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Me squatting 315x41
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2012, 11:53:54 AM »
Great athlete

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2012, 12:06:34 PM »
high reps like that with that much weight shows a strong mind.    impressive.    much tougher than a six plate single.

actually tho, i'm surprised how much praise you're getting, (though it is deserved).  this is getbig, where mr. olympia gets ripped to shreds every day for not being good enough.

and i've said before, you can be pro.   now seeing how strong your mind is, i have no doubt you'll make it.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2012, 12:47:55 PM »
Every day.  Seriously.  I wish he had bumper plates though.  I wouldnt be able to train the way I do with his gym though.  Oh, wanted to ask...do they still have a restaurant next door?  Is happy joes still across the street?
He does have a set! Over in the Davenport gym though. Next doors is now a wine bar, and still the pizza joint across the street.

I may or may have not have eaten a large Taco Pizza by myself after deadlifts 4 days ago....

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »
Great job there!  I have done sets of (many years ago  ;D) 50 reps with 300 and 100 reps with 225.
Squats were my favorite and as the old timers used to say, are the King of exercises.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2012, 12:56:34 PM »
great job!

no wonder you have great legs

alot of balding schmoes surround you though  :P

i see branch warren on the right of you

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »
what is your current weight Matt?

you look very big in that video

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »
Thank you all for the comments, positive and negative haha. Branch Warren look a like is Jack Sullivan, owner of the gym and took 2nd at Jr. USAs in 2011. It is an amazing atmosphere there.. tons of competitors and pretty much everyone won their class this year at least and several top 5 finishes at North Americans. Not bad for a small gym in shitty Erie, PA lol. I am about 240lbs in the video at 5'8.

It was the hardest thing I ever did in the gym lol. I felt like shit for an hour after, then for the rest of the night I felt amazing.. Couldn't fall asleep until 3 am.. then woke up and felt like death for the next three days lol.

The guys questioning my depth, can I see any of you personally post a video OF YOURSELVES doing 315x10 of how I SHOULD be doing it. I would appreciate it, so i could reference it.. thank you.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2012, 02:05:04 PM »
The depth was perfectly fine.

I don't understand what people think would change if you went lower.
Y

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2012, 09:17:04 PM »
He does have a set! Over in the Davenport gym though. Next doors is now a wine bar, and still the pizza joint across the street.

I may or may have not have eaten a large Taco Pizza by myself after deadlifts 4 days ago....

Holy crap...I LOVE their Taco Pizza.  Oh, there is that house just behind Happy Joes...when I was there I saw the dad give his kids some boxing gloves and basically it looked like they were told to duke it out.  This was a Saturday.  For the next hour they would swing at each other, then the younger one would run in the house.  The dad would basically kick him out the front door...the older one would be waiting for him around back.  Was fucking hilarious.  At one point the older kid was waiting while in a hammock!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »
Holy crap...I LOVE their Taco Pizza.  Oh, there is that house just behind Happy Joes...when I was there I saw the dad give his kids some boxing gloves and basically it looked like they were told to duke it out.  This was a Saturday.  For the next hour they would swing at each other, then the younger one would run in the house.  The dad would basically kick him out the front door...the older one would be waiting for him around back.  Was fucking hilarious.  At one point the older kid was waiting while in a hammock!
Sheesh Only in Rock Island...

Gotta swing down here for homecoming one of these years and crush some taco pizza before I graduate.

Clayton Bigsby

• Getbig II
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2012, 12:17:09 AM »
Good stuff matty. 315x41 is insane, people just don't realize the mental strength that takes. I talked to you on md awhile ago when you were kinda goin in on guy cisterino on his squatting. I said I bet I could out squat you, you denied the challenge. You said I could be Derek poundstone so you didn't take the bet. After seeing this I question I if could get you or not. I think you might have me on reps.......but not weight. Maybe we will see one day. Ether way you got me respect after seeing that. Good luck bro.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »
5'8 is definitely midget filth.. Unfortunately I don't lie about my height and say I am 5'10 like IFBB pros do. Every 5'7 pro I met over the last 5 years(which is a lot) is at 5'5 or lower lol.
lol I figured this comment would come up.. we had a very good and legit powerlifter doing the spotting to make sure we were deep enough. If you look closely, there is a black band in the cage which was measured at below parallel for us.. I am not saying every squat was perfect though, but if it was a different camera angle I think your opinion would change...

On a side note... Platz is king, I am nowhere close to him and wont be for a very very very long time, if ever.
your squat is enough deep. But you didnt go up enough. That is also partial.
But, you are still strong squatter though .

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2012, 12:47:34 AM »
Impressive feat.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2012, 01:01:04 AM »
Impressive feat.
Thank you sir!
Good stuff matty. 315x41 is insane, people just don't realize the mental strength that takes. I talked to you on md awhile ago when you were kinda goin in on guy cisterino on his squatting. I said I bet I could out squat you, you denied the challenge. You said I could be Derek poundstone so you didn't take the bet. After seeing this I question I if could get you or not. I think you might have me on reps.......but not weight. Maybe we will see one day. Ether way you got me respect after seeing that. Good luck bro.
haha I remember now actually! You probably could out one rep me now.. The last year or two, I have stuck with higher reps on squat(8-12). The guy who came in third with 36 reps might be able to beat me in a one rep squat as well. I don't do anything crazy or try to these days with the low rep stuff. I definitely appreciate your compliments though! I am always up for a challenge too :p. All in good fun though.. There will always be someone out there stronger than me.
your squat is enough deep. But you didnt go up enough. That is also partial.
But, you are still strong squatter though .

now this I won't argue with. I agree with you.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2012, 01:54:05 AM »
Good stuff big Matty, very impressive

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2012, 04:44:04 AM »
Sorry, this is bullshit. The black band is moving because you're hitting it with the back of your ankles, not your bum.  Your "very good and legit powerlifter" probably didn't want to stop and straigthen you out once the cameras started rolling. Especially not in the front of a crowd, LOL.

Still crazy strength, but don't pretend you were doing full squats, most of them are not even parallel.

are you for real.... they were fine,,,, nothing wrong with that depth at all!

i couldn't squat much deeper than that with out rounding my back over, we arent all built the same

awesome feat of strength and guts,,, anyone whos done high rep leg training know what it takes to knock those last few reps out, its pure will power

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »
Sorry, this is bullshit. The black band is moving because you're hitting it with the back of your ankles, not your bum.  Your "very good and legit powerlifter" probably didn't want to stop and straigthen you out once the cameras started rolling. Especially not in the front of a crowd, LOL.

Still crazy strength, but don't pretend you were doing full squats, most of them are not even parallel.

Did you see the first 6 - 7 of them?  His ass was touching them.  The only you can say is that he maybe wasnt coming up all the way.  Regardless of which way you look, its still impressive.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2012, 10:14:46 AM »

That was an awesome effort Matty. Many, many years ago I did 20 with 315 and it was hell. I also witnessed Tom Platz squatting (in person) on many occasions at Gold’s Venice and I can tell you that he would be the first to acknowledge your great effort. Platz more than anyone, knew when someone was willing to lay it all on the line and that’s what I saw in this clip. They were low enough for a gym contest and low enough to be a tremendous effort. Very well done. 
and keep moving!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2012, 10:32:47 AM »
Hhhmmmm,chaos,your thoughts ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
This is more impressive in my opinion.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
Hell of a lot better than I could do.  The best I could get with 315 is about 10 or 11 reps max before my knees feel wobbly and I have to rack the weight.  I don't use wraps.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2012, 10:45:30 AM »
Hhhmmmm,chaos,your thoughts ???
Good enough for a gym contest, ad heard in the video several times, he didn't lock out quite a few reps, but he did awesome. Not alot of guys willing to put that effort in. I did 315x20 once just to see and it sucked, more about endurance which is not as impressive to me as big numbers.

Good job to MattyH though.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2012, 10:50:05 AM »
Good enough for a gym contest, ad heard in the video several times, he didn't lock out quite a few reps, but he did awesome. Not alot of guys willing to put that effort in. I did 315x20 once just to see and it sucked, more about endurance which is not as impressive to me as big numbers.

Good job to MattyH though.

::)

Convict, there's nothing wrong with your legs.  Thighs are strong after running from the popo, ankles and calves are flexible from shifting gears on your bike, making angel dust runs,  and you knees are solid from sucking prison cock.  

oh, and you have wide hips.  :-X

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »
Good job.

I would've needed the bucket.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2012, 11:01:23 AM »
This is more impressive in my opinion.

yes, more impressive in performance, no doubt.

He also did it without all of the "production values."