Author Topic: dead sons loans should be forgiven  (Read 8822 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
dead sons loans should be forgiven
« on: November 30, 2012, 05:32:21 AM »
from his mother "I am 61 years old and I have been trying to work to make Jermaine's loan payments…but I simply don't have the money," Edwards wrote. "To make matters worse, Jermaine left behind a young son whose mother doesn't have many resources. Therefore, she relies on me to help support Jermaine's son."

look at this big guy he couldve been a shen reh with those looks
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/mom-wants-dead-sons-loans-forgiven-110019277--abc-news-savings-and-investment.html
A

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: dead sons loans should be forgiven
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:09:28 AM »
That's a shitty story, but by cosigning on his loans, she took full responsibilty if he stopped paying.  Sucks for her.  Maybe she can write Bohama and try to get some debt forgiveness.   :D

MikMaq

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 06:13:43 AM »
That's a shitty story, but by cosigning on his loans, she took full responsibilty if he stopped paying.  Sucks for her.  Maybe she can write Bohama and try to get some debt forgiveness.   :D
Fuck you sociopath, your acting as if this were for shinny rims. This was for his education.

Your genetically unfit to have an opinion.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:13:59 AM »
Everybody wanna loan but don't nobody wanna pay it back.
O

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 06:16:54 AM »
Everybody wanna loan but don't nobody wanna pay it back.

Tell me about.  I've got 30,000 in school debt but I pay every month.
A

MikMaq

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 06:18:26 AM »
Tell me about.  I've got 30,000 in school debt but I pay every month.
You ain't dead you stupid fuck.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 06:19:16 AM »
When someone dies loans should be erased, I know lenders dont want to hear that.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 06:19:35 AM »
You ain't dead you stupid fuck.

I know.  I wouldn't have to pay it back if I were.  Lucky stiff.
A

MikMaq

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 06:20:50 AM »
When someone dies loans should be erased, I know lenders dont want to hear that.
I think it depends on the loan type, if this were something that could be exploited like a swimming pool or something, that would be nonsense. But this is what should be basically be considered a necessity.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 06:30:18 AM »
Here's the thing, she's only on the hook for ten grand which means her monthly payment is probably very low.  I owe three times as much and my payments are manageable.  I also have children and all the other expenditures that come with being married and having a family.  I feel for her and the loan company should probably work with her but truthfully the payments probably aren't killing her.
A

MikMaq

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 06:35:13 AM »
Here's the thing, she's only on the hook for ten grand which means her monthly payment is probably very low.  I owe three times as much and my payments are manageable.  I also have children and all the other expenditures that come with being married and having a family.  I feel for her and the loan company should probably work with her but truthfully the payments probably aren't killing her.
She's 61, you can try to justify a bad thing all you want, it just prooves you have a weak mind.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 06:36:28 AM »
The article says he had three loans for his 'music production' degree. The two federal government loans were forgiven but the private 10 grand loan has not been and they want the money back. I think she has done well to get the government loans wiped out. Usually they are the first fuckers to take a big bite out of someone's estate when they die.
O

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 06:37:03 AM »
She's 61.

Understandable.  What should we do if she tries to secure a car loan or credit card?  If she can't pay back this loan should she be allowed further credit?  Stop with the insults.  You are after all the guy with the mental illness who wants to sponge off disability.
A

MikMaq

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 06:38:40 AM »
Understandable.  What should we do if she tries to secure a car loan or credit card?  If she can't pay back this loan should she be allowed further credit?
Deny here obviously, this isn't either of those things.

Credit cards, and car loans are predatory by nature, and are far from a necessity.

This is for schooling a different story altogether.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 06:40:12 AM »
Deny here obviously, this isn't either of those things.

Credit cards, and car loans are predatory by nature, and are far from a necessity.

This is for schooling a different story altogether.

No, if she has the ability to get further credit and pay that down she can pay back a loan she assumed responsibility for.
A

MikMaq

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 06:42:08 AM »
No, if she has the ability to get further credit and pay that down she can pay back a loan she assumed responsibility for.
What the fuck are you talking about?

She had little to no choice in the matter, kid had the right to his own decisions.

Logically she was trapped, not allowing her son school, would have just as stupid as taking on the loan in the first place.

There was little choice in her decision, she did not use poor judgement she was just unlucky.

Allowing here to be destroyed like this is just sociopathic.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 06:44:10 AM »
What the fuck are you talking about?

She had little to no choice in the matter, kid had the right to his own decisions.

She cosigned for the loan and in doing so assumed responsibility in the event that her son was unable to repay the loan.   It's cruel and unfair that he died but the fact remains she assumed responsibility for the loan. 
A

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 06:45:40 AM »
Fuck you sociopath, your acting as if this were for shinny rims. This was for his education.

Your genetically unfit to have an opinion.

Hahahahah, you're a funny boy.  Let me try to explain how lending works in "simple" terms for you.  The bank gave him and his mother $10,000.  He gave the $10,000 to a school.  He then died.  The bank still wants their $10,000 plus interest.  Why should the bank just give him and his mother the money for free?

Maybe when you've got a little more experience in the real world, you'll understand how it works.   :-*

MikMaq

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 06:45:53 AM »
She cosigned for the loan and in doing so assumed responsibility in the event that her son was unable to repay the loan.   It's cruel and unfair that he died but the fact remains she assumed responsibility for the loan. 

Logically she was trapped, not allowing her son school, would have just as stupid as taking on the loan in the first place.

There was little choice in her decision, she did not use poor judgement she was just unlucky.

Your refusing to acknowledge that this shouldn't be able to happen.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 06:48:31 AM »
It is a private loan. They don't care what the money is for-they lent him ten grand, his mom signed for it, he died, they want it back. They aren't a student loans company. He could have bought a car with the money for all they care.

I agree that morally it sucks but since when are money-lenders the moral compass of society?

When a loved one dies the debts live on and their estate gets transferred to their nearest and dearest. Cue the 'sorry for your loss.......BUT' letters.

Some of you have some real nasty surprises ahead...
O

MikMaq

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 06:48:55 AM »
Hahahahah, you're a funny boy.  Let me try to explain how lending works in "simple" terms for you.  The bank gave him and his mother $10,000.  He gave the $10,000 to a school.  He then died.  The bank still wants their $10,000 plus interest.  Why should the bank just give him and his mother the money for free?

Maybe when you've got a little more experience in the real world, you'll understand how it works.   :-*
Your an idiot, you can't think beyond your simplistic beliefs. I love how you use more experience in the real world. Lolz, like seriously if you had a fucking clue.

Your acting as if a rational person would somehow choose a better option. This was the best option she had, and it's truly sociopathic to think in her circumstances that she should not be expected to take on that debt.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 06:50:13 AM »

Your refusing to acknowledge that this shouldn't be able to happen.

I said that the loan company should work with this women.  However, people need to take responsibility for their actions.  She is using her sons death in hopes that the sympathy she receives will pressure the bank to excuse the loan she willing cosigned for.  The loan company isn't being  malicious here, its just doing what a loan company does.  
A

MikMaq

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 06:51:08 AM »

It is a private loan. They don't care what the money is for-they lent him ten grand, his mom signed for it, he died, they want it back. They are aren't a student loans company. He could have bought a car with the money for all they care.

I agree that morally it sucks but since when are money-lenders the moral compass of society?

When a loved one dies the debts live on and their estate gets transferred to their nearest and dearest. Cut the 'sorry for your loss.......BUT' letters.

Some of you have some real nasty surprises ahead...
I'm aware of this.

But you say banks aren't the moral compass, obviously they are not.

We are, which means if you cannot come to the logical conclusion that this is a morally fucked, you are either indeed a sociopath, or just too childish to factor in the reality.

This type of thing shouldn't be legal.

But lets not have a discussion on anything approaching progressive politics here.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 06:51:20 AM »
what the kid die from ? gangbanging or too loud  of music?
A

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 06:51:31 AM »
This is not the best option she had.  The best option would've been to advise her son that taking out loans on a "music production" degree would be a fucking disaster.  You're a good troll.   :D