Author Topic: TV & Bodybuilding  (Read 4077 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
TV & Bodybuilding
« on: December 02, 2012, 03:00:04 PM »
"Bodybuilding related" - I want a big screen TV to watch bodybuilders on stage? Alright I've been lurking around the web and I think so far the 46'' LED 1080P Samsung 240CRm (Clear Motion Rate) is the best deal out there. If I'm not mistaken I believe CRM is better than Hz. Samsung patented CRM and I think nobody's allowed to use it which is why you don't see it elsewhere. Which then again could be irrelevant because it's most likely just a term anyway. Should I invest into this, if it's a great deal which seem to be since it's the end of the year too. Price: $699.99

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN46ES6003FXZA-specs

- Discuss
#

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: TV & Bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »
I had a 46", and now I have a 55". You won't be satisfied with the smaller tv. Well, depends how big the room is you're putting it in, but if you are 12 or so feet away, go bigger. But, I will agree with you, all of my TV sets are Samsung.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »
I had a 46", and now I have a 55". You won't be satisfied with the smaller tv. Well, depends how big the room is you're putting it in, but if you are 12 or so feet away, go bigger. But, I will agree with you, all of my TV sets are Samsung.

It'll go in my bedroom. And I'd probably be 12-14 feet away from the TV, so I think 46'' would do it. But I agree for the living room it should definitively be bigger. So what do you think about the overall specs and the price?
#

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:10:13 PM »
I own 3 Samsung LCD TV's and I wouldn't buy anything else. You can't beat them at any level of TV. The one you are looking at is badass though.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 04:13:56 PM »
Went with a "low price" Vizio 50" LCD about 1.5 year ago. Great picture. Perfect sound. I would absolutely buy another Vizio.
a

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 04:21:12 PM »
I'd buy it Big N

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 04:33:49 PM »
Went with a "low price" Vizio 50" LCD about 1.5 year ago. Great picture. Perfect sound. I would absolutely buy another Vizio.

Vizio made quite a name for themselves with quality Tvs

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 04:36:59 PM »
I hope you morons realize that these gadgets wre built to self destruct under 5 years.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »
cant go wrong with Samsung
Mr. AZ 2003

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 07:29:24 PM »
I hope you morons realize that these gadgets wre built to self destruct under 5 years.

that does piss me off about these new flat screen hd tv's, they don't last long

i had a samsung standard definition that ran perfect for 14 years, i only threw it out because i got a new hd tv

E
E

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
Yeah Samsung it is. On the flip side Vizio and LG aren't bad choices either, mediocre but still not too shabby.

But I've noticed nobody mentioned anything about their experience about TV specs? 1080p, LED, 240crm/hz, etc?
#

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
I still really like Sony for TV's. It all they have left.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »
watching bbing is a homosexual habit...

i've got an 80" LED TV but i do not pay for cable... i use it to play movies from my PC

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 09:59:09 PM »

Absolutely True. Samsung lost a massive class action suit and had to fix a shitload of LCD and Plasma TV's. The capacitors were blowing out. Anywhere from a year+ they blow...Of course right after the one year warranty expires. And in the class action suit that they lost, Samsung only had to fix TV's that were made in 2008 and certain models. They didn't have to recall the TV's and only had to fix them if the customer got in touch with Samsung. However, a shitload of TV's made in 09,10,11 are also having capacitor problems that go after the year warranty is over and Samsung is telling these people to get fucked. The Samsung picture is awesome but these people are trying to fkc the customer. There's no doubt that its some kind of conspiracy.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »
Absolutely True. Samsung lost a massive class action suit and had to fix a shitload of TV's. The capacitors were blowing out. Anywhere from a year+ they blow...Of course right after the one year warranty expires. And in the class action suit that they lost, Samsung only had to fix TV's that were made in 2008 and certain models. They didn't have to recall the TV's and only had to fix them if the customer got in touch with Samsung. However, a shitload of TV's made in 09,10,11 are also having capacitor problems that go after the year warranty is over and Samsung is telling these people to get fucked. The Samsung picture is awesome but these people are trying to fkc the customer. There's no doubt that its some kind of conspiracy.

I got the capacitor "power board" fixed in my 40 inch in 2010 for the one time free fix... However it just went again last month. Got a board on ebay for about 80 bucks and it only took about 15 minutes to drop the new board in(after watching DIY youtube clips) but this board isn't going to last too long either. I won't buy other Samsung just because they knew about this problem and tried to hide it. And they know about the capacitors being shit in newer models too but won't fix them for it will take another class action suit for the customer to get their TV's fixed. However i'm almost positive all the TV makers are in on the scam. It's just Samsung is the big one who were forced by a judge to fix tv's. They fixed the TV's but they didn't fix the problem.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 11:40:40 PM »
it's called Planned Obsolescence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Most people when their flat tv/monitor "dies" have no warranty anymore and simply throw them away, when most of the time opening it and just changing some parts that cost a few bucks would be enough. It was the case in the 90s, but now, they intentionnaly build stuff that cannot be repaired at all. All of them.
Very few people reycle or repair that stuff and it's full of nasty chemicals... Not only should they stop planned obsolescence and build stuff that lasts decades just like in the 50/60/70s, but we should also develop a gigantic industry only focusing on recycling what we cant repair. Those responsible pretend it's to keep their industries running and to keep giving jobs to people..but in fact it's too keep ..selling.

All of this shit has to stop one way or another, it's going nowhere but in a concrete wall at full speed.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 01:50:25 AM »
my friend got a projector

140" on a nice rolldown screen he hung from ceiling with 2 hooks

it is rare one with 30,000 hours bulb life

$699

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 05:07:37 AM »
Absolutely True. Samsung lost a massive class action suit and had to fix a shitload of LCD and Plasma TV's. The capacitors were blowing out. Anywhere from a year+ they blow...Of course right after the one year warranty expires. And in the class action suit that they lost, Samsung only had to fix TV's that were made in 2008 and certain models. They didn't have to recall the TV's and only had to fix them if the customer got in touch with Samsung. However, a shitload of TV's made in 09,10,11 are also having capacitor problems that go after the year warranty is over and Samsung is telling these people to get fucked. The Samsung picture is awesome but these people are trying to fkc the customer. There's no doubt that its some kind of conspiracy.
yep happened to mine. changed the capacitors myself was easy as pie.  mine held up for 2 years before it happened. cost me 1$ for the capacitors and 10 minutes replacing them. the tv repair guys wanted 200$ lol

definately a contious move by them to put in undersized capacitors in them because it happened not only to one model but several.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 06:19:07 AM »
that's why i still keep my old tv

i just bought a samsung tv flat screen it said "full hd"

so when it breaks down in 5 yearsz

i stil have the old small tv

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
I still really like Sony for TV's. It all they have left.

ps3 > 360

E
E

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 12:47:21 PM »
yep happened to mine. changed the capacitors myself was easy as pie.  mine held up for 2 years before it happened. cost me 1$ for the capacitors and 10 minutes replacing them. the tv repair guys wanted 200$ lol

definately a contious move by them to put in undersized capacitors in them because it happened not only to one model but several.

Ya for a lot of people opening up the back of a TV will be intimidating. Some people can't change the oil in their car. I've never soldered before so I just bite the bullet and bought another shitty board. Hopefully get another 2 or so years out of it.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 08:48:59 PM »
ps3 > 360

E
Ok Earl I forgot about that. The younger guys love their games.

MikMaq

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 08:52:04 PM »
I got the capacitor "power board" fixed in my 40 inch in 2010 for the one time free fix... However it just went again last month. Got a board on ebay for about 80 bucks and it only took about 15 minutes to drop the new board in(after watching DIY youtube clips) but this board isn't going to last too long either. I won't buy other Samsung just because they knew about this problem and tried to hide it. And they know about the capacitors being shit in newer models too but won't fix them for it will take another class action suit for the customer to get their TV's fixed. However i'm almost positive all the TV makers are in on the scam. It's just Samsung is the big one who were forced by a judge to fix tv's. They fixed the TV's but they didn't fix the problem.

Yeah I got a 24 inch monitor, that was used for about 12 months in total. Had amazing picture and shit when I got it, but nowadays the color on it's fucked.

It's really depressing because it looked so dam good when I first got it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 08:54:08 PM »
my family got a huge color tv... must have been about 1985 or 1987?  

moved it down to FL with us in 92.

That thing lasted until at least 2005.   ended up getting water damage in a hurricane/flood, but was still working.

I have big TVs in every room... they're all free from relatives who buy flatscreens.  I have 1 flatscreen and it's nice, but i rarely watch tv (usually just listen) so it's no biggie.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
I have a infocus projector

110" screen @ 720p