Author Topic: Liberal Bullshit  (Read 5025 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Liberal Bullshit
« on: December 02, 2012, 09:54:39 PM »
I rarely, if ever, talk about politics....but this is definitely what people would call moronic liberal bullshit:

This is referring to what Bob Costas was saying during the halftime show for NBC Sunday Night Football.

During half-time of the Cowboys-Eagles game tonight, Costas took a moment to acknowledge the tragedy and note that if it takes such an event to “bring sports into perspective” as is always said after a tragedy, then one may never reach the right perspective. Then, Costas offered up his perspective by paraphrasing columnist Jason Whitlock. Whitlock wrote, in reaction to the tragedy:

Our current gun culture simply ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.

In the coming days, Belcher’s actions will be analyzed through the lens of concussions and head injuries. Who knows? Maybe brain damage triggered his violent overreaction to a fight with his girlfriend. What I believe is, if he didn’t possess/own a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Liberal Bullshit
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 10:02:20 PM »
Not defending liberals, but I don't think it's a liberal vs. conservative argument. There are plenty of liberal gun owners who for some reason, don't see Republicans as being all that great on gun rights (I don't understand why, I'm just telling it like it like it is).

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:05:42 PM »
guns are annoying make them illegal but make hand to hand combat less illegal and less penalty
A

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »
guns are annoying make them illegal but make hand to hand combat less illegal and less penalty

If you could kill anyone with your bare hands and it would be a misdemeanor, then you could make gun ownership illegal unless you had a hunting license.  8)

Also it would make everyone big as fuck.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »
Not defending liberals, but I don't think it's a liberal vs. conservative argument. There are plenty of liberal gun owners who for some reason, don't see Republicans as being all that great on gun rights (I don't understand why, I'm just telling it like it like it is).

From what I have been reading, the author of the article that Bob quoted is a strong liberal backer.  Personally I don't give a shit liberal or conservative it was an absolute asinine comment to make.  Lets see...did OJ kill his ex wife with a gun?  Was a gun involved when Chris Benoit killed his wife, his kids, and then himself?

The logic of some people is just so amazing.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »
Gun laws do need to be stricter IMO.

Other than parenting and a mortgage, gun ownership is one of the most serious responsibilities a person can have.

IMO, only the utmost responsible citizens, with zero criminal history other than small traffic violations should be allowed to purchase any firearms including rifles/shotguns.

This is coming from a gun enthusiast, who has zero criminal history.

Also, to validate Mr. Costas' point about brain damage, a recent report:

Researchers Discover 28 New Cases of Brain Damage in Deceased Football Players
December 3, 2012, 12:01 am ET by Steve Fainaru and Mark Fainaru-Wada

Researchers at Boston University have discovered 28 new cases of chronic brain damage in deceased football players — including 15 who played in the NFL — more than doubling the number of documented cases connecting football to long-term brain disease.

Continued...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sports/concussion-watch/researchers-discover-28-new-cases-of-brain-damage-in-deceased-football-players/

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 10:30:28 PM »

shut up please

democrats want nothing but to yank all guns rights

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »
Take away the gun and he would have stabbed her.  Take away the knife and he would have bludgeoned her with a hammer.  Take away the hammer and he would have choked her.  The point being, the  man had malice on his mind and would have found a way to kill, gun or no gun.
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »

Other than parenting and a mortgage, gun ownership is one of the most serious responsibilities a person can have.

IMO, only the utmost responsible citizens, with zero criminal history other than small traffic violations should be allowed to purchase any firearms including rifles/shotguns.

Also, to validate Mr. Costas' point about brain damage, a recent report:

Researchers Discover 28 New Cases of Brain Damage in Deceased Football Players
December 3, 2012, 12:01 am ET by Steve Fainaru and Mark Fainaru-Wada

Researchers at Boston University have discovered 28 new cases of chronic brain damage in deceased football players — including 15 who played in the NFL — more than doubling the number of documented cases connecting football to long-term brain disease.

Continued...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sports/concussion-watch/researchers-discover-28-new-cases-of-brain-damage-in-deceased-football-players/

The how come in areas where gun laws are stricter, murder rates are sky high?!  Detroit, Washington DC, Chicago....and the list goes on and on.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Thread over.

Krank is spot on. Liberals are responsible for the pussification of America.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 11:21:35 PM »
I'm a liberal from Colorado.  I voted for weed and I love guns and now I get both.  Fuck it.

Matter of fact-I shoot guns while a smoke weed.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »

I wonder what a "well regulated militia" is supposed to do against a government in control of tanks, jets, aircraft carriers, drones, highly trained soldiers with body armor, automatic weapons, etc.?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 11:30:05 PM »
I'm a liberal from Colorado.  I voted for weed and I love guns and now I get both.  Fuck it.

Matter of fact-I shoot guns while a smoke weed.
Fkn awesome.

PS you're not a true liberal bro.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 11:31:45 PM »

Stricter gun laws? They're already strict enough and there are existing laws in the books.

The problem with guns is the illegal ownership of them by criminals.
Look up the stats of gun crimes committed by law abiding citizens...very few.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 11:32:36 PM »
liberals..repubs...black s..whites...asians...fat ...muscular...tall...sho rt...women, men...we re all fighting for our own survival , interests in the end even if at the expense of someone else. Sometimes the stongest survive, sometimes it's the fittest, sometimes it's the smartest, but they all exist solely to survive daily and see others die, which in return make them feel good about themselves. Welcome in the jungle.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 11:33:11 PM »
Thread over.

Krank is spot on. Liberals are responsible for the pussification of America.

...yep!

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 11:35:04 PM »
Fkn awesome.

PS you're not a true liberal bro.

Well this will really blow your mind then.  I'm a Christian for gay marriage.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 11:36:51 PM »
Well this will really blow your mind then.  I'm a Christian for gay marriage.
Well aren't you just a riddle wrapped in a conundrum.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 11:37:24 PM »
 ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 11:40:49 PM »
I wonder what a "well regulated militia" is supposed to do against a government in control of tanks, jets, aircraft carriers, drones, highly trained soldiers with body armor, automatic weapons, etc.?

The fine people of Irag and Afgahnistan with just a tiny fraction of the weapons US citizens possesse seem to have managed quite well over the last decade.

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 12:04:31 AM »
guns dont kill people

guns are a tool used for killing

90% of household objects can be used as tools for killing

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 12:27:32 AM »
an armed society is a polite society

the laws that make a guy have to give money to a preggo woman is crap

law shoud say guy signs up for kid b4hand or mom is left to pay for kid she selfishly keeps

no welfare

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 12:52:42 AM »
There is already a law against murder on the books.  If someone won't obey that law, why would they obey laws banning guns?

Madness

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 01:04:34 AM »
There is already a law against murder on the books.  If someone won't obey that law, why would they obey laws banning guns?

Madness

Great point!