Author Topic: Nissan Motors-has treated me like crap  (Read 6116 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Nissan Motors-has treated me like crap
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 07:36:19 AM »
Never had one issue with my last Nissan (2003 350z) except normal maintenance.  I gave it to my little brother, and it still has no issues after 100,000 + miles.  Jap cars are just made better.  So I went ahead and bought a 2012 Dodge Challenger RT  :-X  Thank god for warranties!  ;D

Always loved the Nissan Zs.   All the way back to the Datsun 240/280Z.
Y

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 08:08:55 AM »
I've got a 2011 Nissan Altima SL with 36K and haven't done a thing to it except change the oil when it's due. There is always a lemon, no matter how great a company is. I think, because you were leasing, they figured to unload the lemon on you, thinking you wouldn't notice.   

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 08:16:32 AM »
Disgusting.....looks like blue-veined cheese direct from the processing plant.  :-X

Hey..... I didn't know you were gay!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 08:21:38 AM »
Nissan are a bunch of Kunts. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 10:24:58 AM »
Last year I leased a 2011 Nissan Altima-brand new
within the first 3 months-there was a factory defect on the alternator-Nissan charged me for a rental car-i had to contact the company to get reinbursed

then they stopped sending my lease bill on time-it would come 1 day before it was due, a week before it was due, sometimes a week after it was due. one time the bill never came and i finally got it close to 2 weeks after it was due-that was the bill that had my property  tax on it so it was higher-being i never got the bill i mailed out my normal lease payment-if i had known it would have been higher i would have paid it all when i had the extra money-i called the company over and over and over to have them send the bills on time

then the right wiper blade had to be replaced

air filter had to be replaced

service engine light keeps coming on and off

the day my son was born and we took him home from the hospital the battery died on my car-i had to call a toe truck-as i was trying to call the toe truck my cell phone died-i was stuck at the hospital with a dead car. the guy at nissan told me under 30 thousand miles is normal for a battery to die on a new car

then i was told there is a factory recall on the brakes in my car

in the month of november i heard nissan was deferring lease payments due to sandy-so i called the finance dept at nissan and i was on the phone with them for a while-and they said they would defer my novemeber lease payment-i qualified

2 days ago i got a call from a bill collector telling me i owe my nov lease payment-when i told him nissan deferred my nov payment-he told me nissan does not defer payments, i do not qualify for a defer, and there is no record of me talking to anymone at nissan about deferring my payment-he told me they should have sent something in the mail-i have till wed to get them my payment or it affects my credit score

You are in an unfortunate circumstance and Nissan may have treated you poorly, but at the same time you need to man up and take some responsibility.  Whether or not you get the bill in the mail--on time or not--you know that your payment is due (for example on the 1st of every month) by virtue of the fact that you are driving a car.  You are responsible for this payment even if you never get a bill in the mail.  A responsible person does not wait for a bill (mail can get lost); you should set up an automatic electronic payment from your bank to the creditor so that the bill is never late.

Why are you trying to defer you payment?  You will only end up paying for it later.  And why is someone in your financial circumstance leasing a car?  That was a very unwise choice.  Leasing only makes sense if you can write it off from your taxes.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 10:30:21 AM »

You are in an unfortunate circumstance and Nissan may have treated you poorly, but at the same time you need to man up and take some responsibility.  Whether or not you get the bill in the mail--on time or not--you know that your payment is due (for example on the 1st of every month) by virtue of the fact that you are driving a car.  You are responsible for this payment even if you never get a bill in the mail.  A responsible person does not wait for a bill (mail can get lost); you should set up an automatic electronic payment from your bank to the creditor so that the bill is never late.

Why are you trying to defer you payment?  You will only end up paying for it later.  And why is someone in your financial circumstance leasing a car?  That was a very unwise choice.  Leasing only makes sense if you can write it off from your taxes.

Thanks for summarizing everything others have already said.   ;D

But yes, spot on.
Y

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 10:33:33 AM »
I always pictured you on a Harley, Gene.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 11:32:34 AM »
Chances are that "bill collector" doesn't work for Nissan financial, probably a third party.  Not that it does you any good, but I think there's a law on the books where these collection agencies are not allowed to threaten you .  In the future, document all contact with them - name, employee ID number, etc.  Sounds like the dealership isn't being decent either, but it also sounds like you let them treat you like a doormat.  There is no way I would've paid for a rental car on a factory defect, especially within 3 months of having the car. No way.

Clark Howard loves hearing stories like this and also helping.  Give him a call -
    (404) 892-8227
    (877) 87-CLARK
    (877) 872-5275
    (404) 872-075

http://www.clarkhoward.com/
:

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 01:13:52 PM »
I wouldn't have auto pay if I were you but you can set up online payment where you actually move your money around and pay online. Never trust anyone access to your account. In the lifetime of your car loan, its 1 and 10 that they will try to take two payments at once out of your account with autopay...Forget where i read that but I understand what they're doing...Of course they'll say it was a mess up if you catch it but why put yourself at their mercy. Scumbag fitness centers do this all the time hoping you will miss it.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 01:24:46 PM »
I wouldn't have auto pay if I were you but you can set up online payment where you actually move your money around and pay online. Never trust anyone access to your account. In the lifetime of your car loan, its 1 and 10 that they will try to take two payments at once out of your account with autopay...Forget where i read that but I understand what they're doing...Of course they'll say it was a mess up if you catch it but why put yourself at their mercy. Scumbag fitness centers do this all the time hoping you will miss it.

The autopay I describe does not involve them going into your account to take the payment.  YOU set it up to make a payment on a given date and that can recur every month until you decide to change it.  At any time you can change the date, the amount, or cancel the payment.  The creditor does not have the power to zap your account for any amount they wish.  I have auto pay for my utility bills, phone, etc. and it has never been a problem.  8)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 02:52:32 PM »
The autopay I describe does not involve them going into your account to take the payment.  YOU set it up to make a payment on a given date and that can recur every month until you decide to change it.  At any time you can change the date, the amount, or cancel the payment.  The creditor does not have the power to zap your account for any amount they wish.  I have auto pay for my utility bills, phone, etc. and it has never been a problem.  8)
Do you do it all from your Iphone or Mac book  :P

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 02:56:33 PM »
Steal a better car next time Tanto.
a

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
nissan = crap

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »
Go talk to the manager, keep going and bugging him til they get their shit sorted out.  That's bullshit!

also keep hugging him.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »
within the first 3 months-there was a factory defect on the alternator-Nissan charged me for a rental car-i had to contact the company to get reinbursed

then they stopped sending my lease bill on time-it would come 1 day before it was due, a week before it was due, sometimes a week after it was due. one time the bill never came and i finally got it close to 2 weeks after it was due-that was the bill that had my property  tax on it so it was higher-being i never got the bill i mailed out my normal lease payment-if i had known it would have been higher i would have paid it all when i had the extra money-i called the company over and over and over to have them send the bills on time

then the right wiper blade had to be replaced

air filter had to be replaced

service engine light keeps coming on and off

the day my son was born and we took him home from the hospital the battery died on my car-i had to call a toe truck-as i was trying to call the toe truck my cell phone died-i was stuck at the hospital with a dead car. the guy at nissan told me under 30 thousand miles is normal for a battery to die on a new car

then i was told there is a factory recall on the brakes in my car

in the month of november i heard nissan was deferring lease payments due to sandy-so i called the finance dept at nissan and i was on the phone with them for a while-and they said they would defer my novemeber lease payment-i qualified

2 days ago i got a call from a bill collector telling me i owe my nov lease payment-when i told him nissan deferred my nov payment-he told me nissan does not defer payments, i do not qualify for a defer, and there is no record of me talking to anymone at nissan about deferring my payment-he told me they should have sent something in the mail-i have till wed to get them my payment or it affects my credit score
You are getbigs greatest gimmick, or you are simply retarded.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 08:15:37 PM »

gotcha

Swollen_Powell

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 09:14:08 PM »
I had a similar time with my g35 that was leased. Front tire probs every 8k miles on a rwd car and they expected me to pay for new tires..they replaced the 1st set for free...I thought it was a brake problem(vibration when braking). One of the managers accused me of being an aggressive driver  ::)...Im like its the front tires you pasty fuck not the rear.  Long story short I had to take them to court over the shit.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 11:04:25 PM »
nissan = crap

What are u comparing it too a Ferrari??

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 01:44:22 AM »

There's your problem. Leasing a lame ass car.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 07:14:06 AM »
Just drive it a couple of blocks from your house in the middle of the night and set it on fire.
Report it as stolen and voila..you got yourself a new car by insurence... ;)
?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 07:20:30 AM »
It just breaks my heart to hear this. I know gene had such high hopes for that vehicle.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 08:47:21 AM »
Next time get something more HEAVY DUTY, my truck is the MOST reliable vehicle I've ever owned.  1 year now, nothing except scheduled oil changes and tire rotations, plus I got the "oil change for life" card just for buying at that dealership... ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »
Next time get something more HEAVY DUTY, my truck is the MOST reliable vehicle I've ever owned.  1 year now, nothing except scheduled oil changes and tire rotations, plus I got the "oil change for life" card just for buying at that dealership... ;)

One year of trouble free ownership is your idea of reliable?  What are you, 18 years old?  ::)

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »
One year of trouble free ownership is your idea of reliable?  What are you, 18 years old?  ::)
^^
No, just a former CHRYSLER owner! :D

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 11:08:37 AM »
what do you do with it, take the trash off once every two weeks?  ::)