Author Topic: Best OS in your opinon?  (Read 5744 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Best OS in your opinon?
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 01:09:36 PM »
What is OS ?   Wizzard of....?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
If you want to use your computer for internet browsing and you want lightweight system which can run on old machine then Ubuntu. It's easy to install, easy to use. When you want to install something, like codecs to watch movies or whatever then you have plenty of tutorials on the internet, just google it out.

I use win7 because I got sick of looking at Ubuntu at work and like computer games.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 01:25:52 PM »
Thanks.

I'm looking mostly at Ubuntu or Win 7.

ubuntoo is linux

if linux then www.archlinux.org  about 7 years ahead of ubuntoo

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 02:20:15 PM »
for watching vids use vlc

surf web I like seamonkey browser

iceWM nice desktop

pidgin for internet chat

I use too many Windows only apps and don't like the performance of the emulators like wine to run my software.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »
A decent Oriental Stew...

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »
Best Oral Sex has to be a fatty that cant have enough meat in her mouth

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 03:20:45 PM »
Windows 3.1

No nonsense OS, straight and to the point.

that shit was stable as hell

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »
Windows XP

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 03:34:34 PM »

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 03:45:49 PM »
I run Fedora, Cent, and OS X.

I do like Haiku though.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »
Microsoft has learned over the years. WinME and Vista were  an obvious failure.

98SE, 2k, XP and win7 were all recent successes. Win8 is GREAT if you disable the metro UI and install a start menu. Much faster, much more efficient, etc... than win7.

Linux was great back in the day when win95-98 was what microsoft had to offer, even 2k/xp linux was ahead in many aspects. Compatibility issues, drivers, lack of industry standard software and arrogance on certain developer's minds is what set linux back and would never make it an accepted standard for any users.

What's the point of me knowing various commands and 'showing off' understanding the structure of various linux distros to regular joes? Pretty lame.

In the end even as a techy you want the most efficient, versatile, easiest and secure platform to get the job done. As I've said Microsoft has learned, Linux developers have not.

In the end every environment can be secured and every environment can be hacked.

Being a cocky shithead developer will keep you popular on IRC and the web underground for some time, but you'll be some nerd stuck in a mama's basement.

I endorse win7 and win8 (minus metro) as the current best platform.

Mac = piece of shit wana be unix/linux with the most RETARDED layout, hotkeys, mouse, etc...

PS - I've used computers since the 286, dos 3.0. dos 5, dos 6.22, Win3/3.1/3.11 etc... OS/2 warp, etc...

Quite frankly, I don't want to waste time on fiddling with the tools I use. I used to but who gives a shit? Life has more purpose than sitting at a computer. Now a days I just see a computer as a tool. The one that gets the job fastest wins. I want to go home and relax, spend time with family, go to gym, etc... Not be trying to find open source alternatives to x number of applications or drivers etc... I can do all that, but why waste my time?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
Microsoft has learned over the years. WinME and Vista were  an obvious failure.

98SE, 2k, XP and win7 were all recent successes. Win8 is GREAT if you disable the metro UI and install a start menu. Much faster, much more efficient, etc... than win7.

Linux was great back in the day when win95-98 was what microsoft had to offer, even 2k/xp linux was ahead in many aspects. Compatibility issues, drivers, lack of industry standard software and arrogance on certain developer's minds is what set linux back and would never make it an accepted standard for any users.

What's the point of me knowing various commands and 'showing off' understanding the structure of various linux distros to regular joes? Pretty lame.

In the end even as a techy you want the most efficient, versatile, easiest and secure platform to get the job done. As I've said Microsoft has learned, Linux developers have not.

In the end every environment can be secured and every environment can be hacked.

Being a cocky shithead developer will keep you popular on IRC and the web underground for some time, but you'll be some nerd stuck in a mama's basement.

I endorse win7 and win8 (minus metro) as the current best platform.

Mac = piece of shit wana be unix/linux with the most RETARDED layout, hotkeys, mouse, etc...

PS - I've used computers since the 286, dos 3.0. dos 5, dos 6.22, Win3/3.1/3.11 etc... OS/2 warp, etc...

This shows you are pretty much a microsoft fanboy.

It's not a wanna be anything... It runs BSD. That's one of the original Unix operating systems.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 04:03:30 PM »
It may be so, but it still has a piece of shit interface and lack of logic. Which retard decided that a mouse should have one button lol. I love my PC mouse that has 6 buttons and two rollers, wireless, works on glass even, etc...

KDE/Gnome = better.

Only ones that actually LIKE macs are those that have been using them forever and don't know better. Plus the kiddies now a days who are into 'fashion trends' for a while mac products are what? Fashion/Trendy. I had every iphone, I jail broke them, had console access, etc... who cares? I have an android now, frickin way better and i have console access and then some.

Great, so I can go into the console on a mac, but when using it day to day, you get a pos interface/hotkeys/mouse/keyboard/etc...

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 04:05:05 PM »
the Best Office SLuts , are the old horny white bosses

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »
It may be so, but it still has a piece of shit interface and lack of logic. Which retard decided that a mouse should have one button lol. I love my PC mouse that has 6 buttons and two rollers, wireless, works on glass even, etc...

KDE/Gnome = better.

That's the point... It's about the UI.

By only having one mouse it forces the Interface creators to put things on the menu so that no matter WHAT kind of mouse you have, it has no problems functioning with ALL mice.

That's the point.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »
Well it has one piece of shit interface, especially the 'finder bar' it's just retarded sorry. And it's ont like I'm new to any form of computers, had a commodore too, been through every flavour of platforms there are.

And Macs are no longer 'amazing' for media/professional work. At our company they use macs for the art department, I studied media myself, we used PC hardware, Maya, 3dsmax, lightwave, photoshop, designer, after affects, premiere, etc... ALL readily available and FASTER on a PC today.

Oh sheesh macs have a 28" LCD, GREAT, so do PCs now a days.

The point is, Macs are behind and they are a fashion statement more than anything anymore. Do Macs work great in a corporate environment with active directory? No, patched up headache on a network. They run their own ghetto lan with all sorts of work arounds to be able to acces SAMBA (file sharing printing) etc... It's very poorly integratable, manageable, unsecure, etc...

PCs are more versatile, more powerful, whether you chose a MS platform or open source Linux deriative.

Macs are a fashion statement not a piece of tech worthy of a corporate environment.

Why do macs have no viruses? Because no one gave a shit about them. So they kept advertising that there are 'no viruses' on macs in their marketting campaigns. Guess what, there are DoS attacks, vulnerabilities on macs now, there are viruses, etc... tons of them. Apple removed those 'claims' from their marketting lol.

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 07:59:49 PM »
We need to start qualifying replies.

Post a pic of your 18+ inch arm & then, and only then, make an OS recommendation.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 02:54:17 AM »
Onion Soup

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 04:59:59 AM »
I didn't think anyone used a computer anymore. It's all iPhone/Android thesedays.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 06:25:46 AM »
I'm currently using Ubuntu 12.04LTS for my main computer, Ubuntu 11 for my secondary, and I have 2 Android Tablets.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 08:49:03 AM »
My Desktop
A

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »

Brutal "manga or whatever is that shit" wallpaper  ::)

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 10:18:54 AM »
Vince's real desktop

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »

Brutal "manga or whatever is that shit" wallpaper  ::)

That's Wolfwood.....I'm a big fan of Trigun....also the Dirty Pair which is what I had last time.  I change it out from time to time

A

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 10:30:29 AM »
I wish there was more anime like trigun. One of my fav animes for sure. Cowboy bepop was okay but eh trigun is trigun. I love DB/DBZ, DBGT was gay except ss4 lol. Yeah I was an anime/manga fanboy at one point haha.

Fist of the north star was pretty bad ass too :D

I think we should start a seperate thread we're derailing :D