Author Topic: Why the hate towards Lou Ferrigno?  (Read 14175 times)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Why the hate towards Lou Ferrigno?
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:19:49 AM »
Ok ,So the guy asks $ 20.00 for a picture at a BODYBUILDING expo.... whatever he has he made it thru BODYBUILDING only...
can't think os a better ambassador of the "sport"

Arnold on the other hand ' has shown you that in order to make it in life, you must move on to bigger and better things than Bodybuilding...

can't think of a worst ambassador of our "little sport"....

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why the hate towards Lou Ferrigno?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 05:22:08 AM »
A lot of Bodybuilders flame the guy for asking 20 bucks for a picture at an Expo,  While Others make their "bodybuilding money" thru selling drugs,schmoe sessions,fake supps or even G4P.........

The Irony.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 05:28:32 AM »
Ok ,So the guy asks $ 20.00 for a picture at a BODYBUILDING expo.... whatever he has he made it thru BODYBUILDING only...
can't think os a better embassador of the "sport"

Arnold on the other hand ' has shown you that in order to make it in life, you must move on to bigger and better things than Bodybuilding...

can't think of a worst embassador of our "little sport"....

Embassador?

They are AMBASSADORS, not Embassadors or Embossadors or Bossanovas.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:53:47 AM »
bodybuilding is gay.... and it's far from being a sport

it's a modeling show for schmoes...

and chubby jewish photographers  :)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 06:07:38 AM »
Embassador?

Ok, spelling Bee champ, now back to the thread at hand.    ;D

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 06:09:22 AM »

The question remains....why so much hate for Lou in the "modeling show for schmoes industry"?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 06:10:27 AM »

This ^^

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 06:15:35 AM »
i hate greedy people and i think from all that i heard hes a greedy money hungry man.

he is capable of asking a disabled kid money for his autograph.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 06:25:50 AM »

Lou claims that a lot of bodybuilders depend on selling pictures of themselves to supplement their income. While Lou can certainly afford to eat the fee, other bodybuilders cannot. Besides, would YOU just give away revenue, just to satisfy certain cheapskate fans?

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »
Lou claims that a lot of bodybuilders depend on selling pictures of themselves to supplement their income. While Lou can certainly afford to eat the fee, other bodybuilders cannot. Besides, would YOU just give away revenue, just to satisfy certain cheapskate fans?

Exactly my point, I can't think of any person (in on out of BB) that will leave their house to seat at a table (knowing that people are willing to pay to have a pic taken) and still do it for free....

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 06:36:30 AM »

Well Lou moved on to bigger and better things as well. If it wasnt for his tv show he would have been a bodybuilding relic along with columbu nubret, etc. No one outside of bodybuilding would've known who he is. Whenever he makes apppearances its as an actor not a bodybuilder.

Most bodybuilders are trying to get into acting hoping to duplicate Arnold's success but lack that x factor.

Arnold is the best example for a ambassador for bodybuilding. He set up his own pageant show, always credited Joe Weider. Etc.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 06:48:42 AM »
Embassador?

lmao, spit out my drink bro, damn that was so funny ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 06:51:26 AM »
Here's a true big Louie story.  A few years back a friend and I were at a convention.  My friend was a huge Incredible Hulk fan, he doesn't lift, and he wanted to take a picture with Lou.  When we got to the front of the line he paid Lou his 20 but before he would take the picture Lou looked at me standing next to my friend and said he would only take a pic with my friend and if I wanted to be included in the pic it would be an extra ten more dollars.  I politely declined.  I'd only pay money to take a picture with a Beatle or a member of led zeppelin.
A

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 06:56:21 AM »
Business is pretty much about supply and demand. If the demand is there for $20 pics/autograph, Lou will supply them. Even to young fans, Lou is still very much reveered as The Incredible Hulk due to the TV series and spin-off movies.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 06:58:23 AM »
My guess is that Lou does a lot of the comic conventions as the Hulk, where the $20 is probably very standard.  

Having a marketability outside of bodybuilding, he's probably not worried about pissing off the bodybuilding crowds, and sees them as "fans," not fellow bodybuilders.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 07:01:55 AM »
Business is pretty much about supply and demand. If the demand is there for $20 pics/autograph, Lou will supply them. Even to young fans, Lou is still very much reveered as The Incredible Hulk due to the TV series and spin-off movies.
True and we are not talking one picture here and there, we are talking 100`s every appearance, that`s thousands of dollars, no one is going to give that up just to please some fans.

In the 90`s after his comeback Lou made a killing, he was charging 10 000 dollars per guess appearance and was in demand big time. On top of that he would sell his stuff and get his flights, hotel, food and everything paid for.

MikMaq

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »
A lot of Bodybuilders flame the guy for asking 20 bucks for a picture at an Expo,  While Others make their "bodybuilding money" thru selling drugs,schmoe sessions,fake supps or even G4P.........

The Irony.
Seriously though, the guy even keeps himself in shape years after competing.

My guess is that Lou does a lot of the comic conventions as the Hulk, where the $20 is probably very standard.  

Having a marketability outside of bodybuilding, he's probably not worried about pissing off the bodybuilding crowds, and sees them as "fans," not fellow bodybuilders.

Exactly, lou keeps himself in shape, it'd be one thing if he were fat and out of shape, but he delivers.

Half the reason he'd start this is because of collectors selling his stuff on ebay.

It's the main reason most sci fi guys won't sign shit, and if they do only at conventions.

He lives in a different world than most bodybuilders as he was the only guy to become famous for just his body.

The beta male complex is strong with these complainers, arnold admittedly screwed over virtually everyone he met coming up. No one thinks he's greedy or bad when the evidence would suggest otherwise.

People don't hate lou because he's ammoral, doing something wrong, or any more greedy than anyone else.

Their angry because the guy looks like a smuck because he's not smooth.

Which is understandable when he can hardly fucking talk.

the trainer

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »
you can be an asshole but if you are charismatic people will love you and you can be a very nice guy but if you do not have a personality people will not like you.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 08:03:23 AM »
Lou is great, but Lou's a child.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 08:06:36 AM »
My guess is that Lou does a lot of the comic conventions as the Hulk, where the $20 is probably very standard

I've been to various cons over the years, and $20 is pretty much the norm. Peter Criss was charging $50 for one of his pics a few years back. I thought Gene was the only member of the band who was a whore for money.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 08:10:11 AM »
Here's a true big Louie story.  A few years back a friend and I were at a convention.  My friend was a huge Incredible Hulk fan, he doesn't lift, and he wanted to take a picture with Lou.  When we got to the front of the line he paid Lou his 20 but before he would take the picture Lou looked at me standing next to my friend and said he would only take a pic with my friend and if I wanted to be included in the pic it would be an extra ten more dollars.  I politely declined.  I'd only pay money to take a picture with a Beatle or a member of led zeppelin.

But yo are still WILLING to pay to have a pic taken with someone famous.....so why the hate?    

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 08:20:07 AM »
i paid ronnie coleman for a picture

then my girl friend spoiled it with a drink

then the coleman gave a second one for free

all the way good man

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 08:32:54 AM »
Well Lou moved on to bigger and better things as well. If it wasnt for his tv show he would have been a bodybuilding relic along with columbu nubret, etc. No one outside of bodybuilding would've known who he is. Whenever he makes apppearances its as an actor not a bodybuilder.

Most bodybuilders are trying to get into acting hoping to duplicate Arnold's success but lack that x factor.

Arnold is the best example for a ambassador for bodybuilding. He set up his own pageant show, always credited Joe Weider. Etc.

Lou used his bodybuilding physique to do the Hulk,true, but by doing so,  inspired tons of  people to become bodybuilders and dont forget, he went back to compete in his 40's ...and has always been involved in the "sport",has always been flexing and talking about Bodybuilding,  mainstream and every where he goes (with all the limitations and negative perseption  this little pageant may have)....... he's a living proof you can be and look like  bodybuilder at any age ...

Arnold after retiring age 33 only used the Weider publications to puch his movies....

He's been saying for years in interviews that he used bodybuilding as a stepping stone to get in to the movies ....  

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 08:32:59 AM »
But yo are still WILLING to pay to have a pic taken with someone famous.....so why the hate?    

No hate, I just thought it was hilarious. The way he said it was funny. It's obvious the guy has no people skills. And there is a major difference between Paul McCartney and Lou Ferrigno.
A

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 08:33:24 AM »
you can be an asshole but if you are charismatic people will love you and you can be a very nice guy but if you do not have a personality people will not like you.

Good point.