Author Topic: In Denial  (Read 490 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
In Denial
« on: December 04, 2012, 01:44:08 PM »
Dec 4, 2012

The Republicans have come up with a counter-offer on solving the fiscal cliff. I’ll give them this—the GOP plan didn’t leave tax rates for the superrich untouched... it actually lowered them! What part of “everything you think or say is wrong” do you guys not understand? The American people have already given their opinion about taxing the rich... in November. That’s the reason you’re not negotiating with President-elect Romney. OK, if Romney were becoming president, you wouldn’t be negotiating with him... you would be scheming with him. Amazing—John Boehner cries at everything. How did he present this travesty without breaking into tears?

The Tea Party people absolutely despise John Boehner’s plan... but that doesn’t mean it’s any good. Poor John Boehner! His plan isn’t good enough for Obama, or bad enough for the Tea Party! I have news for the far right nutbags—this was Boehner’s opening offer. I don’t know if you’re familiar with how negotiations work, but from here, they actually move more to the center. To the people on the far right, negotiating just means insisting on what you want, and threatening harm if you don’t get it.

The folks at Fox & Friends have stepped up to protect the gun culture from attacks from people like Bob Costas. Do gun nuts really need pundits to protect them? I thought they relied on guns to do that. Steve Doocy said “Bob Costas actually used what happened in Kansas City as an excuse to call for gun control.” You mean the shooting? What kind of lunatic would try to link a shooting to guns? For the record, Bob Costas did not call for gun control, even remotely. He just pointed out there was something wrong with some people’s priorities. And then Fox & Friends stepped forward to prove him right. Gretchen Carlson jumped in with “When people, unfortunately, want to kill other people, there’s a lot of ways to do it.” Yes, Gretchen, there are “lots of ways” to kill someone. But few are as quick and irreversible as a gun.

Of course, Rush Limbaugh said that guns had nothing to do with the shooting. He blamed “decades of liberalism.” Got that? The person responsible for these deaths is George McGovern. Here’s a classic: Rush asked “Might there have been a better outcome if there had been a marriage involved?” Or several marriages... like yours, Rush?
!