Author Topic: The Purge---Imagine doing any crime you wanted...  (Read 1432 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
The Purge---Imagine doing any crime you wanted...
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:29:27 AM »
In a 12 hour period, due to the laws being suspended for 1 day of the yr, for 12 hours.
That is the premise of the movie The Purge

The Purge
Here's the synopsis for Gattaca star Ethan Hawke and Game of Thrones actress Lena Headey's upcoming "speculative thriller", which imagines a world in which all laws are suspended for 12 hours once a year:

If on one night every year, you could commit any crime without facing consequences, what would you do? In The Purge, a speculative thriller that follows one family over the course of a single night, four people will be tested to see how far they will go to protect themselves when the vicious outside world breaks into their home. In an America wracked by crime and overcrowded prisons, the government has sanctioned an annual 12-hour period in which any and all criminal activity-including murder-becomes legal. The police can't be called. Hospitals suspend help. It's one night when the citizenry regulates itself without thought of punishment.

On this night plagued by violence and an epidemic of crime, one family wrestles with the decision of who they will become when a stranger comes knocking. When an intruder breaks into James Sandin's (Ethan Hawke) gated community during the yearly lockdown, he begins a sequence of events that threatens to tear a family apart. Now, it is up to James, his wife, Mary (Lena Headey), and their kids to make it through the night without turning into the monsters from whom they hide. Directed by James DeMonaco (writer of Assault on Precinct 13 and The Negotiator).

Purge_WTF

Re: The Purge---Imagine doing any crime you wanted...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 07:35:07 AM »
........................ .............

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 07:36:41 AM »
Murder sprinkled with some Assault topped off with some Battery.

Would be a great 12-hour-spree.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »
I think many on here would put on their "rape face"...
Lord only knows what Pillowtalk would do...

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:39:28 AM »
I would do murder, rape, robbery, arson and assault.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 07:43:03 AM »
Gather the Troops, Hijack a Bomber, Fly over Gaza, (and/or Detroit) Voila.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 07:44:29 AM »
So stupid, sure the law can't come after you but the victims will.  It's not like you can murder someone and people will say, okay, you get it this time since it's legal.  They'll come back in retaliation and kill you.

If anything I would just drive my car at 200 miles an hour to vegas

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 07:45:30 AM »
Take a boatload of pictures of Lou Ferrigno and not pay him a dime, stalk booty in Australia and Rape assorted Getbiggers.

Tattoo eyeliners and then give Mayor of Bodybuilding 10 Names.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 09:34:40 AM »
So stupid, sure the law can't come after you but the victims will.  It's not like you can murder someone and people will say, okay, you get it this time since it's legal.  They'll come back in retaliation and kill you.

If anything I would just drive my car at 200 miles an hour to vegas
and that's why they said that society would create a certain type of balance...
And let's face it, most normal people and even criminals would go after people who wronged them or other criminals

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »
Murders and executions...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »
Goodrum would pull the plug of DA's dialysis machine.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »
Serial Sex slavery of hot bimbettes.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 10:27:11 AM »
and that's why they said that society would create a certain type of balance...
And let's face it, most normal people and even criminals would go after people who wronged them or other criminals

They do, it's called professional sports.   My main concern in this scenario would be protecting my kids so I probably wouldn't have the opportunity or motivation to committ a crime.  I'm not trying to come off as high and mighty but I just don't have the inclination to committ a premeditated crime in most cases.  Not that I don't believe some people deserve killing.
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 10:29:37 AM »
do in someone who deserves it, but not infringe on any decent persons rights. :( :(
F

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »
In a 12 hour period, due to the laws being suspended for 1 day of the yr, for 12 hours.
That is the premise of the movie The Purge

The Purge
Here's the synopsis for Gattaca star Ethan Hawke and Game of Thrones actress Lena Headey's upcoming "speculative thriller", which imagines a world in which all laws are suspended for 12 hours once a year:

If on one night every year, you could commit any crime without facing consequences, what would you do? In The Purge, a speculative thriller that follows one family over the course of a single night, four people will be tested to see how far they will go to protect themselves when the vicious outside world breaks into their home. In an America wracked by crime and overcrowded prisons, the government has sanctioned an annual 12-hour period in which any and all criminal activity-including murder-becomes legal. The police can't be called. Hospitals suspend help. It's one night when the citizenry regulates itself without thought of punishment.

On this night plagued by violence and an epidemic of crime, one family wrestles with the decision of who they will become when a stranger comes knocking. When an intruder breaks into James Sandin's (Ethan Hawke) gated community during the yearly lockdown, he begins a sequence of events that threatens to tear a family apart. Now, it is up to James, his wife, Mary (Lena Headey), and their kids to make it through the night without turning into the monsters from whom they hide. Directed by James DeMonaco (writer of Assault on Precinct 13 and The Negotiator).
Not suprising "GanstaLame" would be enthusiastic about this topic. He was out here previously rationalizing the behavior of kidnapping, raping, torturing, home invading, murdering n/i/ggers and blaming the victims.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 10:33:58 AM »
wow, this has to be one of the dumbest scenario ever.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
I'd consider that a divorce

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 11:00:56 AM »
I would post on getbig every 7 seconds with reckless abandon.

MR MUSCLES

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »
Not suprising "GanstaLame" would be enthusiastic about this topic. He was out here previously rationalizing the behavior of kidnapping, raping, torturing, home invading, murdering n/i/ggers and blaming the victims.

ha ha ha ha   great post. and 100% true.

fact is if this scenario ever came to pass, there would be a lot less black people in this world in the morning.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »
The real question is how many getbiggers would engage in ethnic cleansing?

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 12:06:01 PM »
wow, this has to be one of the dumbest scenario ever.

We agree. It's a stupid premise for a plot. There's no rational reason why a government or society would permit it. Hence, the stupidity of the plot. As an example of why it's stupid: would insurance companies temporarily suspend all claims associated with the event? They'd have to, or they'd go bankrupt. So then no one would ever bother getting insurance, and the financial under-pinnings of one of society's major economic powerhouses would collapse, further destroying the economy. Do writers even think anymore? Or do they just come up with random stupid stuff now that there aren't any good 80's movies to rip-off and remake where they can put one of Will Smith's kids, or Andre Benjamin, or Justin Bieber in?

Let's say it's real...a 12 hour post-apocalyptic event...

Then I'd just grab my family and head north to my cabin in the woods a few days beforehand. Anything I need is coming with me. The rest can be looted. It can always be replaced.

I'd be up in my tree stand with my family in the tree stand above me. Anyone coming close feels the business end of a broadhead arrow from a crossbow. Nice, quiet, deadly. And then we have meat for the night.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 12:18:49 PM »
We agree. It's a stupid premise for a plot. There's no rational reason why a government or society would permit it. Hence, the stupidity of the plot. As an example of why it's stupid: would insurance companies temporarily suspend all claims associated with the event? They'd have to, or they'd go bankrupt. So then no one would ever bother getting insurance, and the financial under-pinnings of one of society's major economic powerhouses would collapse, further destroying the economy. Do writers even think anymore? Or do they just come up with random stupid stuff now that there aren't any good 80's movies to rip-off and remake where they can put one of Will Smith's kids, or Andre Benjamin, or Justin Bieber in?

Let's say it's real...a 12 hour post-apocalyptic event...

Then I'd just grab my family and head north to my cabin in the woods a few days beforehand. Anything I need is coming with me. The rest can be looted. It can always be replaced.

I'd be up in my tree stand with my family in the tree stand above me. Anyone coming close feels the business end of a broadhead arrow from a crossbow. Nice, quiet, deadly. And then we have meat for the night.

The insurance companies wold just raise their premiums, and say "you assholes did it to yourselves"..LOL

I would do something similar, hole up somewhere way out of the way. only it would be fortified,  heavily armed and very hard to find. I don't want to be out in the open, and you just have to make it 12 hours.

fact is I doubt people are going to be scavenging the woods looking to kill people with their 12 hours,maybe a few deranged idiots, Most will be looking to steal shit like everybody else.