Author Topic: Thousands Of US Troops Arrive Near Syrian Shore On USS Eisenhower  (Read 3522 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Thousands Of US Troops Arrive Near Syrian Shore On USS Eisenhower
 Russia Today ^ | December 6, 2012

Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:34:30

The USS Eisenhower, an American aircraft carrier that holds eight fighter bomber squadrons and 8,000 men, arrived at the Syrian coast yesterday in the midst of a heavy storm, indicating US preparation for a potential ground intervention.

While the Obama administration has not announced any sort of American-led military intervention in the war-torn country, the US is now ready to launch such action "within days" if Syrian President Bashar al-Assad decides to use chemical weapons against the opposition, the Times reports.

(Excerpt) Read more at rt.com ...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Thousands Of US Troops Arrive Near Syrian Shore On USS Eisenhower
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:09:26 AM »
Link plz

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:12:22 AM »
why isn't fox news reporting it?

www.foxnews.com has more important stories like:

DRIVEN BY FEAR:
Gun Sales Soaring
On Obama Ban Jitters

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 10:44:03 AM »

DRIVEN BY FEAR:
Gun Sales Soaring
On Obama Ban Jitters

Seriously?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 10:51:44 AM »

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 01:41:20 PM »

DRIVEN BY FEAR:
Gun Sales Soaring
On Obama Ban Jitters

Has MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS or any other network reported it? No? Shut the fuck up then.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »

DRIVEN BY FEAR:
Gun Sales Soaring
On Obama Ban Jitters

shut up commy

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/06/demint-leaving-senate-to-head-heritage-foundation/?test=latestnews

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 03:29:38 PM »
Do you get that USA is the best?

no1?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_United_States

No just broke as *#@( LOLLLLLLLLL

ahhaahaha 17 trillions dollars in debt

I heard iran is trading oil in gold aaah y'all must be pissed even more.

First Saddam traded in euros, then Gadaffi oil for gold and silver, now Iran in gold. Yup I know you're craving with your bloodthirst bloodlust to start world war 3 because you are all sick in the head.

I heard China's doing real well.

Yes yes yes I heard it before, everywhere else is crap, everywhere be dragons, everyone is evil, the USA is great, #1, hero of the world.

Mhmmm :)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »
Americans' understanding of the world:

Wait this one's more accurate:

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »
No just broke as *#@( LOLLLLLLLLL

ahhaahaha 17 trillions dollars in debt

I heard iran is trading oil in gold aaah y'all must be pissed even more.

First Saddam traded in euros, then Gadaffi oil for gold and silver, now Iran in gold. Yup I know you're craving with your bloodthirst bloodlust to start world war 3 because you are all sick in the head.

I heard China's doing real well.

Yes yes yes I heard it before, everywhere else is crap, everywhere be dragons, everyone is evil, the USA is great, #1, hero of the world.

Mhmmm :)

You respond to facts and figures with photos... haha

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »
^Ah yes, hollywood posters/screens/advertisments to make the illusion more grandeur :D I get it!

New York is garbage lol. Filled with crime and elitist bizatches. Old, falling apart, people with attitude, rude, etc...

One just needs to whip out detroit pix, katrina pix, this recent storm that happened, and you realize quickly how much turmoil there is on your own soil, ghettos, abandoned homes, etc... etc... all falling apart.

The infrastructure in north america is pretty crappy.

Oh yes and screwed economically. Of course it's all the fault of them evil mozzlems :) Clearly starting 10 some wars and invading foreign lands was beneficial for you.

Yellow cab taxis... the success of America  ;D You also invented rush hour, I am sure the world thanks you for this grandeur invention.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 05:27:44 PM »
It's the Turks that want us there the most.

Where's Andre to tell us what a heroic fight we would be engaged in?

Or is that just apply to Libya?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 05:32:20 PM »
Thousands Of US Troops Arrive Near Syrian Shore On USS Eisenhower
 Russia Today ^ | December 6, 2012

Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:34:30

The USS Eisenhower, an American aircraft carrier that holds eight fighter bomber squadrons and 8,000 men, arrived at the Syrian coast yesterday in the midst of a heavy storm, indicating US preparation for a potential ground intervention.

While the Obama administration has not announced any sort of American-led military intervention in the war-torn country, the US is now ready to launch such action "within days" if Syrian President Bashar al-Assad decides to use chemical weapons against the opposition, the Times reports.

(Excerpt) Read more at rt.com ...

RT? Oh brother....this article is pretty sensationalist.

The U.S.S. Eisenhower has "8,000 troops on it"....oh man...

It's an aircraft carrier, it has sailors and Marines on board. It isn't a Marine amphibious assault ship and besides helicopters it doesn't have anyway of getting those "8,000 soldiers" onto any beach head.

What a horrible article.

What a crock. It's RT, though, so it is to be expected.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 06:03:09 PM »
I'm crossing my fingers that Hezbollah finally steps in so we can watch the two biggest Shia/Sunni terrorist dipshit groups kill each other.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »
RT? Oh brother....this article is pretty sensationalist.

The U.S.S. Eisenhower has "8,000 troops on it"....oh man...

It's an aircraft carrier, it has sailors and Marines on board. It isn't a Marine amphibious assault ship and besides helicopters it doesn't have anyway of getting those "8,000 soldiers" onto any beach head.

What a horrible article.

What a crock. It's RT, though, so it is to be expected.

Reason.com also was reporting on this today. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 06:32:48 PM »

It's not a crock, carriers don't travel alone...plenty of other ships with it.

But, I highly highly doubt Barry will send in ground forces.  Highly doubt it.

I'm crossing my fingers that Hezbollah finally steps in so we can watch the two biggest Shia/Sunni terrorist dipshit groups kill each other.

A dream [we hope]comes true.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 06:43:55 PM »

I'm curious, actually. There are reports that Assad has loaded sarin gas into both artillery shells and missiles and that the Syria army is just waiting on his command. The US/EU/other assholes have said that chemical weapons are a red line. Do you think we get involved if he starts using them? I think it's all talk but it'll be interesting.

I'm surprised Hezbollah hasn't outright entered the war yet. They've got divisions and clandestine operatives fighting on the ground but they haven't fully committed. They're going to be completely isolated should Assad fall.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
I'm curious, actually. There are reports that Assad has loaded sarin gas into both artillery shells and missiles and that the Syria army is just waiting on his command. The US/EU/other assholes have said that chemical weapons are a red line. Do you think we get involved if he starts using them? I think it's all talk but it'll be interesting.

I'm surprised Hezbollah hasn't outright entered the war yet. They've got divisions and clandestine operatives fighting on the ground but they haven't fully committed. They're going to be completely isolated should Assad fall.

My opinion is yes, especially if the Turks want it.  Even though I don't care for Obama's politics, he doesn't fuck around with these things.

He's more interested in keeping Turkey happy and trying to remain on good terms and we need them as allies (well...we'll say *cough* allies *cough*) from a strategic point of view.

Probably air strikes.

And probably under the guise of NATO - which is basically us, lol.  Maybe AL too, don't know where they stand.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »

Unless there are a few amphibious assault ships in that carrier battle group the strike force won't be putting down any Marines anytime soon. Plus the Ike only has about 5000, with about 1/2 being the air wing, on board. The entire CGS has around 8000. And it doesn't carry 8 fighter/bomber squadrons, maybe 4-5 for strike aircraft with the rest (90-100 total fixed wing) being support/EW etc.

I'm not saying shit won't go down if Syria cooks of nerve agents but that strike force isn't going to be the one to put boots on the ground.

And it looks like Ike is on its way home for maintenance, repairs and some downtime. Just in time for Christmas.

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=70781

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
33, RT is one of those 911 CT websites, aren't they?

Are they credible just some of the time?   Like being sorta pregnant?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
Unless there are a few amphibious assault ships in that carrier battle group the strike force won't be putting down any Marines anytime soon. Plus the Ike only has about 5000, with about 1/2 being the air wing, on board. The entire CGS has around 8000. And it doesn't carry 8 fighter/bomber squadrons, maybe 4-5 for strike aircraft with the rest (90-100 total fixed wing) being support/EW etc.

I'm not saying shit won't go down if Syria cooks of nerve agents but that strike force isn't going to be the one to put boots on the ground.

And it looks like Ike is on its way home for maintenance, repairs and some downtime. Just in time for Christmas.

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=70781

You don't need amphibious assault ships to put troops on the ground.  You've been watching too many movies.

And I assure you that neither you or I have knowledge of their full transport capability.  But we've seen more than 8k on humanitarian missions.  No way I'm gonna buy we couldn't do it for a military assault.

I agree...we won't go in via the ground, or highly doubt it.  And 8k wouldn't do much anyway.

Hell, for all I know Eisenhower may not even hang around.  Could just be a show.

But it's far from a crock to think we couldn't drop 8k without much of a problem.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 04:50:35 AM »

You don't need amphibious assault ships to put troops on the ground.  You've been watching too many movies.

And I assure you that neither you or I have knowledge of their full transport capability.  But we've seen more than 8k on humanitarian missions.  No way I'm gonna buy we couldn't do it for a military assault.

I agree...we won't go in via the ground, or highly doubt it.  And 8k wouldn't do much anyway.

Hell, for all I know Eisenhower may not even hang around.  Could just be a show.

But it's far from a crock to think we couldn't drop 8k without much of a problem.

Those much vaunted "8 thousand soldiers" are the personnel manning the CSG. Not an entire brigade waiting to make landfall. Those "8 thousand soldiers" aren't going drop anchor, leave their posts on the bridge, maintenance and such to pick up a rifle and swim to shore or catch a helicopter...and those humanitarian missions didn't have to worry about bringing along Abrams, Bradley IFV's and the like.

And no shit you don't need amphibious assault ships to put down troops, but if you're looking to put down any number that would make a difference what are you going to be using? Helicopters? From where? How long would that take? Using what soldiers? Airlift them in? Again, from where? How are you going to get armor/light wheeled transport/heavy weapons etc on the beach quickly without seaborne transport? Those troops have to be stowed away somewhere and you won't be stuffing a combat brigade on an already loaded aircraft carrier. Dropping 8k can be done relatively easily, it just won't be from this strike group.

I'm not arguing that boots will be put on the ground and airstrikes will be carried out if Syria starts using chemical/biological agents in this conflict, it just seems that RT is jumping the gun a bit on this one.

This story is full of sensationalist BS. It took a few minutes worth of poking around on the internet to figure that out.