Author Topic: Thousands Of US Troops Arrive Near Syrian Shore On USS Eisenhower  (Read 3523 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Thousands Of US Troops Arrive Near Syrian Shore On USS Eisenhower
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 06:25:00 AM »
hahaahaaa were going to send everyone from the ship on to land to fight  :D you don't need personal on the ship they're going to just set the burglar  alarm before they leave  :D :D :D :D :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 08:02:19 AM »
when you use foreign newspapers - from a nation called our #1 strategic enemy - this is what you get.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 01:32:08 PM »
Those much vaunted "8 thousand soldiers" are the personnel manning the CSG. Not an entire brigade waiting to make landfall. Those "8 thousand soldiers" aren't going drop anchor, leave their posts on the bridge, maintenance and such to pick up a rifle and swim to shore or catch a helicopter...and those humanitarian missions didn't have to worry about bringing along Abrams, Bradley IFV's and the like.

I'm not saying that and neither is the article.  I guess your thinking that.

Again...looking at everything, it's every bit possible that they have 8k around the area with all the other ships to put in there (obviously not the crew...since you can't seem to pick that up).

And again, you don't know what that carrier is loaded with.  You don't know if they have all their squads, you don't know if they're running full squads.

You don't know shit about the current compliment and like typical GB'r you start making shit up, claiming it's already loaded.

Hell...I don't even buy the 8k number as being all that accurate...and the Navy isn't going to release exact compliments.

Is it probable?  For the 3rd time I highly doubt it.  Is it that far beyond the realm of possible...hell no.

And no shit you don't need amphibious assault ships to put down troops, but if you're looking to put down any number that would make a difference what are you going to be using? Helicopters? From where? How long would that take? Using what soldiers? Airlift them in? Again, from where? How are you going to get armor/light wheeled transport/heavy weapons etc on the beach quickly without seaborne transport? Those troops have to be stowed away somewhere and you won't be stuffing a combat brigade on an already loaded aircraft carrier. Dropping 8k can be done relatively easily, it just won't be from this strike group.

Do you even know the basic geography?

They've got like what...a 120 miles along the med.  To the north is Turkey, to the south is Israel.

Even if the carrier and other ships are smack in the mid point, they could just go either way and dock - quickly.

Imagine that....DOCK the ship, and let the soldiers walk and drive their equipment off!!!

Wow...that's sophisticated, huh?

But, no according to you it's gotta be some Rambo operation with helo's going into the middle of a gun fight...and for some reason you think it has to be on a beach.  ::)

Like I said...too much television.

I'm not arguing that boots will be put on the ground and airstrikes will be carried out if Syria starts using chemical/biological agents in this conflict, it just seems that RT is jumping the gun a bit on this one.

This story is full of sensationalist BS. It took a few minutes worth of poking around on the internet to figure that out.

Yeah...and I just don't see any sensationalism.

I suppose since you're thinking that the crew has to go in too, no equipment, Rambo style...and for whatever reason you think other people are thinking that stupidly.....well I guess that would be sensational.

Porting at Haifa and simply unloading...man you didn't get that from the internet...I can't imagine lol.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »
hahaahaaa were going to send everyone from the ship on to land to fight  :D you don't need personal on the ship they're going to just set the burglar  alarm before they leave  :D :D :D :D :D

I know right!  Can't just dock the fucking ship and have the regular crew stay aboard.  Gotta be some elaborate plan.  ::)

Hell, I'll join in:

So all the crew swims in to fight the Syrians.  While gone, the Israeli's start stealing all the shit on our ships.  We call the Turks for help and they come down to chase off the Israeli's.

But, when we get our ships back, we realize we can't move them until we buy back all our stolen equipment from the Israeli's.

Obama and congress pass a "foreign aid" bill to Israel and we get our shit back.

Ahmed gets pissed about the aid, Syria has now been conquered by our sailors, and the ships head home.

A few minutes on the internet enabled me to see all this.  :D

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 02:46:28 PM »

I'm not saying that and neither is the article.  I guess your thinking that.

Again...looking at everything, it's every bit possible that they have 8k around the area with all the other ships to put in there (obviously not the crew...since you can't seem to pick that up).

And again, you don't know what that carrier is loaded with.  You don't know if they have all their squads, you don't know if they're running full squads.

You don't know shit about the current compliment and like typical GB'r you start making shit up, claiming it's already loaded.

Hell...I don't even buy the 8k number as being all that accurate...and the Navy isn't going to release exact compliments.

Is it probable?  For the 3rd time I highly doubt it.  Is it that far beyond the realm of possible...hell no.

They've got like what...a 120 miles along the med.  To the north is Turkey, to the south is Israel.

Even if the carrier and other ships are smack in the mid point, they could just go either way and dock - quickly.

Imagine that....DOCK the ship, and let the soldiers walk and drive their equipment off!!!

But, no according to you it's gotta be some Rambo operation with helo's going into the middle of a gun fight...and for some reason you think it has to be on a beach.  ::)

I suppose since you're thinking that the crew has to go in too, no equipment, Rambo style...and for whatever reason you think other people are thinking that stupidly.....well I guess that would be sensational.

Porting at Haifa and simply unloading...man you didn't get that from the internet...I can't imagine lol.

That's a whole load of shit from someone who doesn't know anything.

Substituting insults for substance. Talk about a typical GB'r.

Carry on.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »
Quote from: Skip8282

They've got like what...a 120 miles along the med.  To the north is Turkey, to the south is Israel.

But, no according to you it's gotta be some Rambo operation with helo's going into the middle of a gun fight...and for some reason you think it has to be on a beach. 

The above has to be some of the dumbest shit I've read in a long time. You have HUGE reading comprehension problems or simply see what you want to see.

Where did I say the sailors where going to invade Syria? Where did I say it was going to be a "Rambo" operation? I never said that they would be jumping in helicopters either, those words had "?" after them if you missed that. I never said it had to be an amphibious assault, either. Again, can you read? I was simply pointing out that the ENTIRE CSG has around 8,000 navy/airmen/some Marines. That is the number RT is using and bending to make it seem like there are 8,000 soldiers ready to make landfall and hit Syria. This isn't hard to understand.

If that CSG doesn't have amphibious or troop transport ships they aren't disembarking any force in Haifa or storming any beaches anywhere.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »
Those two posts of mine were kinda mean.

I'm sorry.

And high.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 05:48:20 PM »
Those two posts of mine were kinda mean.

I'm sorry.

And high.

;D

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
No just broke as *#@( LOLLLLLLLLL

ahhaahaha 17 trillions dollars in debt

I heard iran is trading oil in gold aaah y'all must be pissed even more.

First Saddam traded in euros, then Gadaffi oil for gold and silver, now Iran in gold. Yup I know you're craving with your bloodthirst bloodlust to start world war 3 because you are all sick in the head.

I heard China's doing real well.

Yes yes yes I heard it before, everywhere else is crap, everywhere be dragons, everyone is evil, the USA is great, #1, hero of the world.

Mhmmm :)

Hong Kong - looking EXACTLY the same as it did when the British handed it back to China...

Interesting choice of pictures.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 08:04:31 PM »

So you think Syrians should be left to use chemical weapons on their fellow Muslims?

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »
^Ah yes, hollywood posters/screens/advertisments to make the illusion more grandeur :D I get it!

New York is garbage lol. Filled with crime and elitist bizatches. Old, falling apart, people with attitude, rude, etc...

One just needs to whip out detroit pix, katrina pix, this recent storm that happened, and you realize quickly how much turmoil there is on your own soil, ghettos, abandoned homes, etc... etc... all falling apart.

The infrastructure in north america is pretty crappy.

Oh yes and screwed economically. Of course it's all the fault of them evil mozzlems :) Clearly starting 10 some wars and invading foreign lands was beneficial for you.

Yellow cab taxis... the success of America  ;D You also invented rush hour, I am sure the world thanks you for this grandeur invention.

Have you been to China?

It is filled with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more shit than any US city.

Shanghai has a lovely harbour - but you go 20 clicks out of town & you will see people living in extreme poverty. Nothing in the US compares to the filth, poverty and oppression that these people endure daily.

China... lol...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 06:01:48 AM »
Have you been to China?

It is filled with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more shit than any US city.

Shanghai has a lovely harbour - but you go 20 clicks out of town & you will see people living in extreme poverty. Nothing in the US compares to the filth, poverty and oppression that these people endure daily.

China... lol...

Dont worry if republicans get their way soon the US will be filled with filth, povery and oppression as well.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 07:27:40 AM »
The above has to be some of the dumbest shit I've read in a long time. You have HUGE reading comprehension problems or simply see what you want to see.

Where did I say the sailors where going to invade Syria? Where did I say it was going to be a "Rambo" operation? I never said that they would be jumping in helicopters either, those words had "?" after them if you missed that. I never said it had to be an amphibious assault, either. Again, can you read? I was simply pointing out that the ENTIRE CSG has around 8,000 navy/airmen/some Marines. That is the number RT is using and bending to make it seem like there are 8,000 soldiers ready to make landfall and hit Syria. This isn't hard to understand.

If that CSG doesn't have amphibious or troop transport ships they aren't disembarking any force in Haifa or storming any beaches anywhere.

Haha, haven't seen this kind of backtracking since my tour through the Catepillar plant.

Yeah...ok dude.  That's what people are thinking...all 8K jumping ship and going into Syria.  ::)

Yep...you knew all about SIMPLY docking the ship.

Those were just questions, lololol.   ;)

Goddamn I love this board.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 07:28:17 AM »
Dont worry if republicans get their way soon the US will be filled with filth, povery and oppression as well.

And the Dems are going to save us?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 07:36:18 AM »

And the Dems are going to save us?

So far. Yes.

Unemployment dropping. Consumer spending rising. House sales up. Dow at ridiculous levels. Chrysler and gm innovating new cars and sales up.....

Is there any anti-american things you want to say, skip?  Is good news for america bad news for you? Are you a communist or muslim skip? They enjoy bad news for america....do you share that?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 07:47:18 AM »

So far. Yes.

Unemployment dropping. Consumer spending rising. House sales up. Dow at ridiculous levels. Chrysler and gm innovating new cars and sales up.....

Is there any anti-american things you want to say, skip?  Is good news for america bad news for you? Are you a communist or muslim skip? They enjoy bad news for america....do you share that?

None of these have an overall trend.

Are you an idiot?

Do you understand long term trending as opposed to temp spikes in either direction?

I don't jump into these threads normally to claim success or victory for either side on short term spikes.  I'll leave that for you to cry about.

If we've got a long term changes that are statistically significant, then let's see them.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »

None of these have an overall trend.

Are you an idiot?

Do you understand long term trending as opposed to temp spikes in either direction?

I don't jump into these threads normally to claim success or victory for either side on short term spikes.  I'll leave that for you to cry about.

If we've got a long term changes that are statistically significant, then let's see them.

Temp spikes is an improvement over 2008 where your guy left office so i dont get your complaints?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 12:31:58 PM »

So far. Yes.

Re-read skippy. Im giving you another chance.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 08:07:21 PM »

Haha, haven't seen this kind of backtracking since my tour through the Catepillar plant.

Yeah...ok dude.  That's what people are thinking...all 8K jumping ship and going into Syria.  ::)

Yep...you knew all about SIMPLY docking the ship.

Those were just questions, lololol.   ;)

Goddamn I love this board.

Lack of comprehension skills are on full display from Skippy, it seems.

When you are unable to make your point I guess ignoring context and such can help.

Sad.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 06:08:26 AM »
Temp spikes is an improvement over 2008 where your guy left office so i dont get your complaints?

How so?  These aren't just upward spikes,

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2012, 06:09:14 AM »
Re-read skippy. Im giving you another chance.

You've either got the data or you don't.  Hit me with it!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2012, 06:21:55 AM »

How so?  These aren't just upward spikes,

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Looks like unemployment has fallen from 9,9 in nov 2009 to 7,7 this nov.

Im a little high so might have read it wrong.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Looks like unemployment has fallen from 9,9 in nov 2009 to 7,7 this nov.

Im a little high so might have read it wrong.

Yeah, this is what I mean.  Don't just take a month out.  look overall.

You can see from 2009 to now the up and back down, and even now we're sitting about a point or so off with the beginning of the year a little higher...then moving back down.

So, if it continues, then I think you may have some argument.

If 2013 and on, doesn't show a continuance, then you're hard pressed to make the claim.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 08:03:42 AM »

Yeah, this is what I mean.  Don't just take a month out.  look overall.

You can see from 2009 to now the up and back down, and even now we're sitting about a point or so off with the beginning of the year a little higher...then moving back down.

So, if it continues, then I think you may have some argument.

If 2013 and on, doesn't show a continuance, then you're hard pressed to make the claim.

I think the farther we got from 2008 the better the economy will get.

Until the next crash of course.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 08:08:08 AM »
I think the farther we got from 2008 the better the economy will get.

Until the next crash of course.

Things are not getting better.  Go back to bed