Author Topic: For my buddy uberman...  (Read 15836 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: For my buddy uberman...
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2012, 03:03:19 PM »
Creation scientist vs evolution scientist.

They are as clueless as we are , I hope this helps.

I'm not clueless at all. You know where I stand and I'm not moving, for truth is absolute.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2012, 03:05:07 PM »
I'm not clueless at all. You know where I stand and I'm not moving, for truth is absolute.
You are clueless. The only thing i would consult you on is which brand of forty is the cheapest and will loosen me up the most.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »
You are clueless. The only thing i would consult you on is which brand of forty is the cheapest and will loosen me up the most.
ROFLMAO.

Or which Lil Wayne album is the least annoying.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »
gotta salute wiggs for fighting an uphill battle
A

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
my man wiggs if I can offer a peice of advice. It seems that you are undergoing a conversion of sorts. more power to ya if it improves your life, but i wouldnt 'put it all out there' at the stage where you are, for everyone to criticise you for it.

I personally don't agree with your reading of the bible on this particular issue, but I wish you the best in pursuit of spiritual truth. God bless ya wigglestein  ;D
follow the arrows

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »
my man wiggs if I can offer a peice of advice. It seems that you are undergoing a conversion of sorts. more power to ya if it improves your life, but i wouldnt 'put it all out there' at the stage where you are, for everyone to criticise you for it.

I personally don't agree with your reading of the bible on this particular issue, but I wish you the best in pursuit of spiritual truth. God bless ya wigglestein  ;D

wrong its best to freely express yourself having the confidence to do so

sacrificing yourself like the great jesus christ did, gave his opinions and got criticized for it, became a legend

putting yourself out there makes you realize your mistakes, i let wiggs know when hes making a big mistake, next time he just keeps getting smarter for no reason

eventually wiggs will have his own style and method and post style of an arti'ste if he continues on the path
A

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2012, 05:54:46 PM »
gotta salute wiggs for fighting an uphill battle

X2.
®

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2012, 05:56:54 PM »
wrong its best to freely express yourself having the confidence to do so

sacrificing yourself like the great jesus christ did, gave his opinions and got criticized for it, became a legend

putting yourself out there makes you realize your mistakes, i let wiggs know when hes making a big mistake, next time he just keeps getting smarter for no reason

eventually wiggs will have his own style and method and post style of an arti'ste if he continues on the path
well i don't know what you're talking about but it seems foolhardy to me. Faith is a personal issue, and he should work it out in those terms. I don't agree with the notion that one comes to a greater understanding by arguing it out aggressively with other people... because then your ego comes to forefront. Remember Buddha's saying: 'In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves'**

**http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/buddha_2.html#38j77W4p3VBCPQOd.99
(not sure if the quote is 100% accurate)
follow the arrows

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »
well i don't know what you're talking about but it seems foolhardy to me. Faith is a personal issue, and he should work it out in those terms. I don't agree with the notion that one comes to a greater understanding by arguing it out aggressively with other people... because then your ego comes to forefront. Remember Buddha's saying: 'In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves'**

Faith is an ignorance issue.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2012, 06:07:48 PM »
wiggs has been melting down at an alarming rate

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »
wiggs has been melting down at an alarming rate

Ironically, this has "evolved" into a massive meltdown...
®

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »

christ gave his opinions without anger

if wiggs can do the same he is on a path. wiggs isnt that smart but whos to say what his limitations are, hes a likeable guy if he can avoid being likeable and go with more hard truths then he'll be someoboy
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2012, 06:33:29 PM »
Jesus walking on water
Talking snakes in the garden of eden
Even made from Adams rib
Noahs ark
Moses parting the red sea

Just read this aloud, and see if you dont laugh to yourself at how ridiculous these stories sound.
X

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2012, 06:46:49 PM »
Most wars are fought over religion yet all talk about peace very confusing.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2012, 08:07:37 PM »
jesus christ didnt want a religion , he was just walking around giving advice making people feel stupid , people getting mad and wanting to kill him, christ gained some fans along the way
A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2012, 09:26:38 PM »
jesus christ didnt want a religion , he was just walking around giving advice making people feel stupid , people getting mad and wanting to kill him, christ gained some fans along the way

wise post

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2012, 10:52:33 PM »
Only difference is the guys on my list the creationist, STARTED MODERN SCIENCE and evolution is based on modern science.

Those who founded science existed centuries before the theory of evolution via natural selection was posited an as explanation for the diversity, complexity, and well-adaptedness of life on earth. It isn't possible to cast them in the same light as contemporary creationists who explicitly reject evolution any more than it is possible to cast them as opponents of special relativity -- neither explanation was available to be evaluated.

Among those who are in a position to evaluate the theory and the evidence on its behalf, 90% and upwards affirm its truth. I don't think it's a good idea to argue from popularity anyway, but if you insist on doing so then realize that you are sealing your own casket.

If you have to write a 500 word reason to prove it's a fact, it's not a fact. Facts speak for themselves.

Actually, if a pretty basic -- and hard to argue against -- piece of philosophical reasoning is correct (the 'principle of sufficient reason'), everything has an explanation. This means that there is some explaining to do for any given fact (nothing magically "speaks for itself"). As a random example, it is a fact that the universe is expanding, and at an increasing rate. Do you mean to tell me this fact doesn't need explaining?

BTW you wanna use numbers then over 80% of the people on the planet believe in God.

Yet if you subsequently ask a million people how they understand the word 'God', you'll get a million and a half answers. There are a huge number of concepts everybody is using the same word to denote. Another way of putting it is that almost everybody is using the same word but with a different meaning. So it's very misleading (outright false, actually) to talk as if everybody who says they believe in 'God' is even thinking about the same thing.

Your biggest problem is you're calling evolution science and it isn't. Why don't you go look up the definition of science then when you comprehend what it means tell me where they have OBSERVED evolution as it is defined.

There are a couple of problems with your reasoning here:

1. The theory of evolution counts as scientific under the standard definitions of 'science' since observations like the arrangement of the fossil record, the similarity in genetic material among organisms, phenotypic similarities and differences between organisms as the theory would predict, and microevolution all count as evidence for the theory. What isn't 'scientific' about collecting observations and organizing them into a cohesive whole under the explanatory banner of a theory? Or do you think we can't determine anything unless we literally see it with our own eyes? That's a pretty severe view with harsh consequences for our ability to know anything about the world. But I'll only bother with examples if you decide to bite the bullet and accept this notion.

2.  Just how 'science' should be defined is a contentious issue. So rather than attempt a victory by definitional fiat (which 1. shows would fail anyway), it makes sense to evaluate a variety of definitions and pick one that best describes the phenomenon in question. Until this is done it is silly to argue from the dictionary to facts about the world.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2012, 01:44:02 PM »
What happened to moron Wiggs?  ???

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2012, 01:54:16 PM »
What happened to moron Wiggs?  ???

There no need for name calling Adam. I think six pages in plenty enough.  Those who are interested can research further or PM me. You all know where I stand on this issue. You've not successfully answered the questions I've asked or tried to redefine them. Seems to me like you gents have some questions you need to ask yourselves.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2012, 01:55:51 PM »
There no need for name calling Adam. I think six pages in plenty enough.  Those who are interested can research further or PM me. You all know where I stand on this issue. You've not successfully answered the questions I've asked or tried to redefine them. Seems to me like you gents have some questions you need to ask yourselves.
Moron is just my default term to anyone acting with ignorance and stupidity.  No offense intended whatsoever as you could easily, one day, remedy this.  Its a temporal in nature, if you let it be.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »
Moron is just my default term to anyone acting with ignorance and stupidity.  No offense intended whatsoever as you could easily, one day, remedy this.  Its a temporal in nature, if you let it be.

He's engaged in a tactical withdrawal because he knows his understanding of the issue at hand is extremely superficial and there are people here who will call him on it. It was the most logical move given the circumstances.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2012, 04:46:59 PM »
Wiggs providing pure white noise in this thread.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2012, 04:58:27 PM »
Wiggs providing pure white noise in this thread.
Wiggs is a black Jew so he has to sort through some things before making a statement but a solid poster.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2012, 05:58:13 PM »
Wiggs is the epitome of the vulgar creatures that overrun our world. He should get himself an education instead of being "informed" by what he finds on the Internet. This hapless individual believes all manner of nonsense and defends his rubbish to the bitter end. Instead of being illuminated he is convinced the world as we know it will end in a couple of weeks. Now he suggests that evolution is just a theory with no proof! Would this limited individual comprehend what Darwin wrote? No chance in hell is that a possibility. It is folly to discuss important matters on the Internet and especially on the flotsam infested portal called Getbig. Resident ignoramuses congregate here to get support and validation. They are all the evidence that is needed to confirm what Einstein said:"ignorance is probably the only thing in the universe that is unlimited".

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »
Wiggs is the epitome of the vulgar creatures that overrun our world. He should get himself an education instead of being "informed" by what he finds on the Internet. This hapless individual believes all manner of nonsense and defends his rubbish to the bitter end. Instead of being illuminated he is convinced the world as we know it will end in a couple of weeks. Now he suggests that evolution is just a theory with no proof! Would this limited individual comprehend what Darwin wrote? No chance in hell is that a possibility. It is folly to discuss important matters on the Internet and especially on the flotsam infested portal called Getbig. Resident ignoramuses congregate here to get support and validation. They are all the evidence that is needed to confirm what Einstein said:"ignorance is probably the only thing in the universe that is unlimited".

Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.
X