Author Topic: McConnell filibusters own bill  (Read 1138 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: McConnell filibusters own bill
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 01:20:46 PM »
credit downgrade? dude it was clearly the GOP at fault there, never once did bush have an issue raising it while blowing money left and right, then Obama attempts to raise it once and  there is a shitstorm where the GOP holds the country hostage. Why do you think they got raped this election? it was shit like that, why do you think that if the country goes off the FC the vast majority of the public would blame the GOP? it's because it's obvious to everyone but a teamster they are trying to smear and obstruct Obama.

The CATO Institute cited BOTH parties (one for not raising taxes, the other for not cutting spending), for the credit downgrade.

Obama blew more money in less than one term than Bush did in two. And we have zilch to show for it.

When we run out of money (despite any tax hikes on the rich, if any) and the bennies run out, so too will Obama's excuses.

All the rich are going to do is either take their money elsewhere, hike up prices on goods and services, or lay off people left and right, to recoup their costs.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »
Hardly an irrelevant argument. He chided Bush for blowing $4 trillion in 8 years, while he blew $6 trillion in less than 4 years.

And, for all his spending, unemployment is almost IDENTICAL to what it was when he took office, dropping from higher levels (it was never to exceed 8% and was supposed to be 5.5% by now) mainly because of people leaving the workforce.

Not to mention the credit downgrades and his raising taxes on Americans via ObamaCare.

Incorrect.  Had Obama taken office with a surplus like Bush did, then I'm pretty sure a lot of his spending would not have occurred.  It wasn't Obama that started unnecessary wars and drove the country into the ditch.  That's what he was handed.  So if spending got us in that mess, then you got to let the next person spend to try to get us out of it.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 03:09:13 PM »
The CATO Institute cited BOTH parties (one for not raising taxes, the other for not cutting spending), for the credit downgrade.

Obama blew more money in less than one term than Bush did in two. And we have zilch to show for it.

When we run out of money (despite any tax hikes on the rich, if any) and the bennies run out, so too will Obama's excuses.

All the rich are going to do is either take their money elsewhere, hike up prices on goods and services, or lay off people left and right, to recoup their costs.

If I recall the document released by the actual downgraders indicated that the GOP was the cause.

That was a while ago but regardless, never in history has a standoff like this occured, bush raised the ceiling what  8 times, Obama once during a massive recession and they gave him shit for it.  Completely retarded.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »
Incorrect.  Had Obama taken office with a surplus like Bush did, then I'm pretty sure a lot of his spending would not have occurred.  It wasn't Obama that started unnecessary wars and drove the country into the ditch.  That's what he was handed.  So if spending got us in that mess, then you got to let the next person spend to try to get us out of it.

You mean a projected surplus, right?

And he was handed a mean recession, right?

See, this is fun!

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 03:43:19 PM »
I'm looking forward to the time (coming very soon) when Mitch McConnell will actually have to stand up and filibuster the way god intended (little nod to my friends who think god wants them to have guns)

how long can McConnell stand and talk without taking a break?
so am I.
he's a hoot.
{coot?}
w

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »
so am I.
he's a hoot.
{coot?}

Yeah, the fullibuster has to be a challenge for those using it. When did the end of the true filibuster occur? I'm talkin' like reading names out of a phonebook and shit.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »

What specifik spending has Obama done Mcway?

That can match 2 wars and tax cuts and a economic crash?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
What specifik spending has Obama done Mcway?

That can match 2 wars and tax cuts and a economic crash?

I think that's short sighted.

What has he done to spend less? I mean, we are starring at 1.2 trillion, give or take but who's counting, yearly deficit with no end in sight besides more spending. To say he is some sort of fiscal hawk that is getting tarred by evil Fox News is a bit of a stretch.

I know you didn't call him a fiscal hawk but that bunk ass idea has been peddled 'round these parts and the media in general.

It cuts both ways.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 09:36:34 PM »
McConnell was playing a practical joke.

You've all been Punked!
G

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 06:07:10 AM »
McConnell was playing a practical joke.

You've all been Punked!
close.
McConnell IS a practical joke.
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 06:25:32 AM »
I think that's short sighted.

What has he done to spend less? I mean, we are starring at 1.2 trillion, give or take but who's counting, yearly deficit with no end in sight besides more spending. To say he is some sort of fiscal hawk that is getting tarred by evil Fox News is a bit of a stretch.

I know you didn't call him a fiscal hawk but that bunk ass idea has been peddled 'round these parts and the media in general.

It cuts both ways.

Fact is Obamas spending is a result of republican policies.

Name one thing (spending) Obama has done?

How do you reduce spending/deficit when you have 2 wars going, lowest taxes ever and a republican congresss who blocks everything.

Lets be honest when republicans wants to cut spending they want to cut spending that helps the middle and lower class.

They didnt give a shit about spending on the military and starting wars.

And they dont give a shit about the deficit therefore the tax cuts.