Author Topic: What kind of food/cuisine do you like?  (Read 7415 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
What kind of food/cuisine do you like?
« on: December 07, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
The other thread mentioning food and Hungarian sweets made me think of making this thread. I am also dieting so I rather imagine the food than eat it right now  ;D I wonder how I'll bulk when the time comes.

Quite frankly was raised partly with mother cooking Hungarian delicacies and Italian pasta stuff... grandma cooked hungarian, other grandma total white people salt, potato, beef, steamed white rice with NO taste.

Now a days I eat with BBing in mind, I don't give a damn what background I have or what I even like... but I really love a lot of variety of food if I were to pig out.

Variety of indian/pakistani food, they have a ton of different rice recipes, meat recipes. I don't care about the veg stuff. Their sweets are bucket loads of sugar and grease though ew but some are addicting. Lots of variety of tastes in their food though, no wonder there was the 'spice trade' lol.

Arab food, they know how to make meat, period lol. Whether lamb, chicken or beef, they really know how to make it well. Frickin went to a Arab buffet and had to have eaten ten kilos of meat alone. When it comes to aroma, their food has great taste but not spicy like Indian, but it has taste. Overall mediterean food is great. You can find variety from the gulf to north africa with egyptians, moroccons, etc... exquisite stuff. Arabs with their sweets, also can be addicting but are like Indians pretty damn loaded buckets of sugar.

Turkish/Persian/Arab/Afghan have cross over of recipes/tastes... so overall I bag them together and enjoy most of their food that I've tried. Turkish have nice sweets.

As far as chinese, hot Chow mein with shrimp = love it. That's about it lol.

Hungarian, I don't even know the names but Hungarians are the only ones that can come close in my opinion to variety of uniquely prepared food and dishes in Europe. French and Italian make BS dishes... okay Italians rock with pasta.. but other than that... Hungarians probably have the BEST sweets and cakes in the world imo.

Dutch know their dairy.. last time I was in Holland I don't think I've EVER had better cheese or dairy products.

Jamaican patties are epic especially when nice and hot. Some mexican food is nice and hot/spicy.

Bottom line is, I love food with aroma and spice. I can also eat hotter food than an Indian lol.

What's your fav dish/cuisine/food?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: What kind of food/cuisine do you like?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »
gat dayum neeguls you really thought that one through relax mother fucker

A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 04:31:10 PM »
American Food.

Fried Chicken, Pecan Pies, Hummingbird Cake, Pulled Pork.  Nothing beats American Cuisine.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »
I gotta say KFC/popeyes greasy chicken is addicting, not good for any of us but yes addicting.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 04:32:16 PM »
Indian Food is close though.  8)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 04:34:53 PM »
Ya indian food can be is frickin greasy as hell, but still tastes good.

Gotta realize both sugar AND fats make food taste good. Funny how the world works. All the good stuff is not necessarily tasty or easy and vice versa the same can be said for the opposite case :D Corporations got that figured out easy. Engineering junk food for the masses.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 04:36:32 PM »
good ole chicken

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 04:37:20 PM »
Ya indian food can be is frickin greasy as hell, but still tastes good.

Gotta realize both sugar AND fats make food taste good. Funny how the world works. All the good stuff is not necessarily tasty or easy and vice versa the same can be said for the opposite case :D Corporations got that figured out easy. Engineering junk food for the masses.
I disagree.  Its more about calories than anything.  Keep your food choices varied and nothing else matters as you will have great nutrition by default.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 04:43:32 PM »
meh calories matter, but quality matters too. The way the body processes different types of foods changes the dynamics of it all :) Calorie in, calorie out is a pretty simpleton assumption. Not everything is processed the same way by the body.

Not even everyone's body processes everything same either. Some people can eat shit junk and still be lean... I know of one competitor from my old college he competed in Vegas show even and he basically was a pure ecto skinny kid.. obviously juiced but became a tank pretty much while staying lean on pizza and mcdonalds. Others eating a certain type of food will get fat, while another type of food will get better results. I can be on tren and still get fat lol.

Plus there's the health aspect :) Trans fat vs say omega3 fats which would you juggle down?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 04:44:29 PM »
didnt read thread

A

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 04:45:29 PM »
^You eat gay men, you are what you eat brah

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »
I remember going insane on Krem Pita when I was doing DNP the first time several years ago, I don't think I ever ate as much Krem Pita oh boy... hahahha it was winter and i was hot as a furnace. Still lost fat :D The way my mother makes it is HEAVY cream and pita though... frickin insane my mouth is drooling kind of like these where you have to use your fingers, no way to cut but damnnnn is it good:

The typical ones being sold are like this though:

This is Hungarian btw.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »

Kefta skewers/beef skewers... can never go wrong. Persians have it, Arabs have it, Afghans have it, I THINK Turks have it too. If done right... can never go wrong :)

Well afghans they make 'kobideh kabab' epic too, I think Persians do this and they mix their cuisines' choices if im ont mistaken. The fire cooked tomato is pretty nice tasting too. There's also this little spice I forget what it's called that they give alongside hot sauce as a side thing. It's kinda black salty and spicy tasting.. I love that stuff, but for sure it has salt in it so my BP spikes fast with that stuff:

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 04:58:28 PM »
dam what are these things whats the recipe ahkmed?
A

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 05:00:29 PM »
No idea lol I just eat.

The only food I know how to make is steamed brown rice with spices, grilled lean chicken breast skewers, grilled lean beef skewers all spicy/hot, eggs, popcorn, uh... peanut butter/almond sandwiches, crapes, random shakes lol. I let them women cook :D

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 05:02:48 PM »
Nothing beats a tasty Prime Rib.......or Ribeye......along with a baked potato and salad.

I also like pizza, ribs, Mongolian beef, gyros and enchiladas.

New York style Cheese cake is certainly delicious.

Can't forget the crab rangoon!!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 05:03:06 PM »
Kadayif (Turkish/Bosnian, Palestinian/Arab mix if Im not mistaken too) it's basically a cheeze cake of sorts with those wavy fiber things, sugar/honey, walnuts, sometimes pistachio (arabs love to use pistachio on sweets):

Looks hilarious in pictures (yes we can come up with many slogans for these pictures), but trust me is it ever good.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
Mexican
American
Brazilian
Chinese
Thai
Italian

In that order I guess

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »
I am killing time looking at foods, half an hour more until my next planned meal. Building up rage cuz I'm hitting the gym tonight :D *(#@*

Baklava, the king. Turkish/Bosnian and Arab. They know how it's done. Layers of whatever that stuff is, walnuts, honey/sugar, pistachio at times on top also... God is it ever good... This is the worst thread to be in right now if you're dieting/cutting oh the irony :D Great for bulking dirty though!

So many ways to make this and all are tasty:

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »
The first thing most people try of Indian foods gotta be biryani rice!

Trust me it's frickin addicting. How I got obese at one point, I used to eat in each meal TWO dishes of this :D If I was on steroids that time it woulda probably been epic but no lol it was epic fail instead :D

The biryani rice comes made in a few dif ways depending on the region, as some may not be aware, Indians have alot of ethnic subdivisions.

There's also varieties of rice recipes besides chicken. For example there's tons of veg ones (obviously), there's fish, there's shrimp variety. I forget what else I tried.

They also have some beef recipes but they were too greasy for me. Generally all this stuff is super greasy.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 05:14:06 PM »
Tandoori chicken, IF made on real fire is EPIC... if made in oven is the greasiest #@()@#* you'll ever eat but still potentially addicting for a while (hot) until you tire of it. I used to make my mother make it daily at one point, learned from a friend's desi (indian) mother lol.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 12:15:18 AM »
  I like most food

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 01:17:24 AM »
Arab, asian and indian are my favorites. Much better than anything else. They have more refined cuisines compared to all else.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 01:25:03 AM »
pastries and tea

the ultimate white devil

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 01:37:17 AM »
I am killing time looking at foods, half an hour more until my next planned meal. Building up rage cuz I'm hitting the gym tonight :D *(#@*

Baklava, the king. Turkish/Bosnian and Arab. They know how it's done. Layers of whatever that stuff is, walnuts, honey/sugar, pistachio at times on top also... God is it ever good... This is the worst thread to be in right now if you're dieting/cutting oh the irony :D Great for bulking dirty though!

So many ways to make this and all are tasty:

This stuff is amazing. I forget the names but I had the chance to try several recipes while I was in UAE.  One of the reasons I gained 20 10 lbs over there.
all drugs - TPPIIP