Author Topic: The IFBB officials refused to give Lesukov the Pro Card!!  (Read 7201 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Re: The IFBB officials refused to give Lesukov the Pro Card!!
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »
I'm not certain and this is the first I ever heard or saw of this guy.
Ok, if he only won the IFBB Russian championships, then it may not be an automatic pro card?
If he wins the IFBB amatuer world championship, I am pretty sure that is an automatic pro card?

What irks me is how inconsistant the IFBB can be with who gets a pro card sometimes.
Victor Richards got a pro card 20 yrs ago for winning the Nigerian championships.
He never competed as a pro and to my knowledge winning the Nigerian doesn't make you an automatic pro.
Getting a pro card should be based on winning certain set qualifying contests...PERIOD.

When you win national IFBB championships, you national Federation (IFBB Russia) can suggest you for a pro card. The IFBB (the international organisation) has to approve or refuse the application.

The IFBB Russia suggested Lesukov for a pro card after winning the Russian Nationals, and the IFBB (international) refused to give it to him because of the mentioned reason.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
When you win national IFBB championships, you national Federation (IFBB Russia) can suggest you for a pro card. The IFBB (the international organisation) has to approve or refuse the application.

The IFBB Russia suggested Lesukov for a pro card after winning the Russian Nationals, and the IFBB (international) refused to give it to him because of the mentioned reason.

Sounds about right.
Now he can go win the IFBB worlds and remove all doubt. I think he is very impressive overall.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
Sounds about right.
Now he can go win the IFBB worlds and remove all doubt. I think he is very impressive overall.

Lesukov already won his class at the World Championships, just not the Overall (got 2nd).

It's ridicolous, at the Nationals and USAs guys get pro cards who wouldn't make the Top 6 in their class at the German Nationals.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 11:36:58 AM »
He needs to put out.  You gotta pay to play! ;D

How is this funny, dumbass? Some of you overzealous schmoes are destroying bodybuilding by pulling this sort of shit.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 11:52:16 AM »

Luv the legs on those two slutsers - deserves to be cummed   :P :P

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 11:58:14 AM »
can we force the IFBB to comply with GB's wishes?

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »
How is this funny, dumbass? Some of you overzealous schmoes are destroying bodybuilding by pulling this sort of shit.
x 2. Some of the guys here assume that because they do it & a few bodybuilders G4p that everyone would. Even if he did, it would have changed the IFBB's decision. He isn't the 1st to be denied a card & won't be the last.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 01:12:19 PM »

What irks me is how inconsistant the IFBB can be with who gets a pro card sometimes.
Victor Richards got a pro card 20 yrs ago for winning the Nigerian championships.
He never competed as a pro and to my knowledge winning the Nigerian doesn't make you an automatic pro.
Getting a pro card should be based on winning certain set qualifying contests...PERIOD.
there's no comparison with this kid & Victor Richards. Victor was the biggest freak anyone had seen up to that point. Made Dorian, Dilette & all the top pros from that era look small. No disrespect to Alex but you can't mention him in the same breath as Victor Richards.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 01:33:13 PM »
there's no comparison with this kid & Victor Richards. Victor was the biggest freak anyone had seen up to that point. Made Dorian, Dilette & all the top pros from that era look small. No disrespect to Alex but you can't mention him in the same breath as Victor Richards.

No.

Victor Richards never competed against world level competition. Richards' infamy came from two things, being off season big, and overzealous magazine articles with outlandishly false claims.

Victor Richards never made Dillett or Yates look small.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
No.

Victor Richards never made Dillett or Yates look small.
YES he did. Look at the FIBO show they guest posed in, where he kept following Dorian around onstage.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 02:59:22 PM »
Official reason: His shape does not meet the requirements of an IFBB pro.

Discuss...

What the fuck? ???

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 03:00:24 PM »
Putnam got a pro card...

stfu jerk

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 03:01:04 PM »
YES he did. Look at the FIBO show they guest posed in, where he kept following Dorian around onstage.

Who gives a shit if he looked big offseason, slightly more to bodybuilding than that.
Trans Milkshake.

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 03:06:35 PM »
No separation. A growth hormone physique.
T

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »
Lord.. Who comes up with this crap.. He ifbb does not turn away pro cards based on shape.. Many crappy physiques in he pro ranks.. If you qualify you get pro card based on of course the requirements of that country contest ect.. But lesukov does not have bad shape .. The guy is great except for his conditioning..

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 04:39:15 PM »
Exact same type of bullshit i experienced when i stopped competing. Don't give the NPC/IFBB a dime. Especially Chad Nichols. Biggest crook of all.
Care to explain?

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »

Who gives a shit if he looked big offseason, slightly more to bodybuilding than that.
the bodybuilding world that pays to see shows & guest posers gives a shit. Except for Coleman & maybe Kai now, no one else had his size. At that time & even now he was very impressive.
You're correct, there's a lot more to BB'ing than that. Never said he was better than Yates or Dilette but he dwarfed them when it came to sheer size.