Author Topic: GOP continues to try to compromise...  (Read 2563 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: GOP continues to try to compromise...
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 06:26:26 PM »
I don't imply anything. If I have something to say, I say it straight out.

I am not a lawmaker or a tax expert, however I do have an opinion of what I think would be a fair income tax. In my opinion, everyone should pay the same rate regardless of income and there should be no deductions. What I don't think is a fair income tax is the one we currently have were some people pay nothing and some very wealthy people get a better tax rate then the average middleclass person. I also believe there should be a value added tax. This way anyone who spends money pays taxes. 
well you may get your wish on the VAT but it will be in addition to an income tax not in place of one.

At any rate you seem to have a double standard about ppl applying their views of whats fair to you and then turning around and doing the same to others. Everything is based on your viewpoint so if you dont want ppl imposing their views on you get ready for anarchy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2012, 12:06:06 AM »
At any rate you seem to have a double standard about ppl applying their views of whats fair to you and then turning around and doing the same to others. Everything is based on your viewpoint so if you dont want ppl imposing their views on you get ready for anarchy.

Frankly, this of yours is simply nonsense. Of course that is just my viewpoint.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2012, 04:10:20 AM »
First haha nothing has been proposed b/c nothing has been agreed upon yet. Politicians only propose something they know wont pass when they are trying to make political points...Like the dems did with tax hikes for the rich that were quickly voted down...
"Nothing has been proposed b/c nothing has been agreed upon yet." LOL...no...just no. That makes NO SENSE. At all.

Corker was trying to convince HIS OWN PARTY to tow his line. Not the Dems. His own party-The Republicans.  These points haven't been proposed in negotiations, not because they have no chance of passing, but because they are not something Repubs support. You posted that quote as a sign of Republicans' willingness to compromise-i.e the incaccurate thread title-yet if you read past the first paragraph you see that there is very little support for Corker's statements among Republicans and it is not something being considered by Boehner.

What entitlement cut agreements have dems renegged on??? Please post an article or link with some info on these broken promises. The biggest sticking points in these talks are things that Dems have NEVER agreed to. Oh, that's right, politicians don't make suggestions until deals have been finalized, signed and notarized. ::) Seriously, please post a link to some info about what the Dems have renegged on. Are you referring to things discussed in the debt ceiling talks? The ones Boehner backed out of?! Do you really not understand why the concessions made in those agreements aren't being thrown around?

Third, He is reconsidering his stance on taxes so that we can get some entitlement reform which will cut spending which is much more effective at cutting debt than tax hikes!!!

Nope, sorry, wrong again. Even Boehner's proposals only attribute about 15% of their adjustments to spending cuts. The remaining $800bln comes from revenue from his vague tax code re-write.  

Also, yes, if someone has nothing of value to offer you in a negotiation, there is no need to compromise. I'm not even sure how you could not know this.  I don't even know how.. you could even... damn! :-\ As it is, the Dems will have to make some concessions, but from a purely objective POV, that idea displays a shocking lack of business acumen.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2012, 05:54:06 AM »
The reps dont have to compromise either brain child!!! it benefits everyone if both sides compromise

I never said we should go off the fiscal cliff previously so I dont know why youre bringing this up. If youre talking about the bail outs thats a different situation as the money was used to prop up inefficient and poorly managed businesses. If you were in favor of giving them money I completey understand why your in favor of giving our bloated, inefficient and wasteful govt more money to piss away.

If the GOP doesnt compromise or cave it will hit the middleclass.

The GOP cant afford this.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2012, 09:41:06 AM »
If the GOP doesnt compromise or cave it will hit the middleclass.

The GOP cant afford this.
Some are trying to compromise right now, why are Obama and the dems not coming to the table?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2012, 09:53:34 AM »
Some are trying to compromise right now, why are Obama and the dems not coming to the table?

Are you dense?  Read doggitys post 2 above yours.