Author Topic: GOP continues to try to compromise...  (Read 2570 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: GOP continues to try to compromise...
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 04:22:01 PM »
I wonder if Republicans will come to the table and give the citizenry what they said they wanted with their vote.

You mean the same voters who put conservative Republicans in charge of the purse strings (aka the House)?

Seems more of a mixed message to me.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »
If the public really didnt want tax increases + Obamacare they should not have (re)elected Obama.

The dem won plenty of seats as well. Doesnt that factor into your analasis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2012
absolutely it does, which is why there should be compromise like the republicans are trying to do.

Now why doesnt if figure into your analysis or the analysis of the dems?

why are the dems dragging their feet on progress?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 05:29:09 PM »
absolutely it does, which is why there should be compromise like the republicans are trying to do.

Now why doesnt if figure into your analysis or the analysis of the dems?

why are the dems dragging their feet on progress?

I havent analysed the dem.

Most dems are useless.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 06:06:08 PM »
I havent analysed the dem.

Most dems are useless.
so you concede that dems are just as idiotic as reps yet you give them a pass, why is that?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »
so you concede that dems are just as idiotic as reps yet you give them a pass, why is that?

I said most of them is useless. How is that giving them a pass?

Republicans are for the most part harmful to the middleclass. Useless is better than harmful.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 07:06:44 PM »

You mean the same voters who put conservative Republicans in charge of the purse strings (aka the House)?

Seems more of a mixed message to me.

Correct.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 07:21:28 PM »

i hope they all die screaming... anyone who believes in god should be imprisoned for stupidity

Personally, I have no problem accepting that other folks may have different beliefs than do I. What galls me is when they try to impose their beliefs on me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »
Personally, I have no problem accepting that other folks may have different beliefs than do I. What galls me is when they try to impose their beliefs on me.

You're galled by democracy?  People voting on issues is largely about folks imposing their beliefs on you.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 07:33:46 PM »
I love how Repubs think that just because the Dems didn't win back majority in the House that somehow it's a national referendum of some sort

Dems won the POTUS, and GAINED seats in the House and Senate....that's what a NATIONAL referendum looks like

Repubs have no leverage

If they don't make a deal with Obama they will get the blame and not Obama or the Dems

Boehner knows this which is why he and a handful of Repubs will most likely strike a deal with the Dems and the teabag faction of the House will become irrelevent

Personally, I say let's go over the cliff because then the Repubs will have even less leverage than they do now and their shitty "brand" will be just that much more damaged

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »
I love how Repubs think that just because the Dems didn't win back majority in the House that somehow it's a national referendum of some sort

Dems won the POTUS, and GAINED seats in the House and Senate....that's what a NATIONAL referendum looks like

Repubs have no leverage

If they don't make a deal with Obama they will get the blame and not Obama or the Dems

Boehner knows this which is why he and a handful of Repubs will most likely strike a deal with the Dems and the teabag faction of the House will become irrelevent

Personally, I say let's go over the cliff because then the Repubs will have even less leverage than they do now and their shitty "brand" will be just that much more damaged

+1

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »
Fine - let - O-THUG raise taxes a d deal w it 

Repubs have no leverage

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 10:24:13 PM »
You're galled by democracy?  People voting on issues is largely about folks imposing their beliefs on you.

Sure it is. And that is the way it should be. Otherwise, we'd have more serial killers running free than we already do.

I object to anyone telling me I have to believe in God, Jesus or Mohammad. I object to anyone dictating to me who I love or who I don't. I object to others imposing their morality on me. And furthermore, I think a lot of the folks who do this are probably hypocrites....just an observation.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 04:11:46 AM »

Repubs have no leverage

so then the reps had a referendum to repeal obamacare in 2010?

brilliant liberal logic

the reps are at the table right now, why are obama and the dems dragging their feet?

obamas previous debt talks included entitlement reform at least at a very small level. Why has he reneged on his previous commitments?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »
Sure it is. And that is the way it should be. Otherwise, we'd have more serial killers running free than we already do.

I object to anyone telling me I have to believe in God, Jesus or Mohammad. I object to anyone dictating to me who I love or who I don't. I object to others imposing their morality on me. And furthermore, I think a lot of the folks who do this are probably hypocrites....just an observation.
But you're perfectly ok implying your idea of fairness to the tax code?

Nice job pointing out the irony in your beliefs!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »

brilliant liberal logic

the reps are at the table right now, why are obama and the dems dragging their feet?

obamas previous debt talks included entitlement reform at least at a very small level. Why has he reneged on his previous commitments?

The answer to your question is an obvious no since they could not accomplish that

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2012, 11:05:55 AM »
The GOP is dying. And its fun to watch. 8)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 11:51:26 AM »
The answer to your question is an obvious no since they could not accomplish that

So you're saying that Obama and the dems couldn't agree to an entitlement cut that thy have already previously agreed to???
How the hell does that make sense?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
The GOP is dying. And its fun to watch. 8)

What's funny is watching liberal butt boys scramble to excuse Obama and the dems for no compromising as we approach the fiscal cliff.

The reps are at the table and Obama and the dems are out giving speeches lol saying the reps won't compromise.

And liberal drones are eating it up hahah

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/senator-gop-could-accept-tax-hikes-very-rich-174858342--finance.html

" Senate Republicans would probably agree to higher tax rates on the wealthiest Americans if it meant getting a chance to overhaul costly government entitlement programs like Medicare and Social Security, a GOP senator predicted Sunday."

I wonder if the Dems will come to the table and try and fix the situation we are in...

McTones, did you bother reading any of that article past the first paragraph? Firstly, the portion of the article that you quoted is not something that is on the table and it's not something that has even been suggested by the SoH. Secondly, the senator who made that quote specifically says that the reason Dems have been so intractable is because Repubs simply don't have much leverage. Thirdly, the entire point of his quote is that Boehner should re-consider his stance on the tax rate because then it allows for discussion on other fiscal issues.

Furthermore, the article addresses two MASSIVE problems with that quote: 1) there is no way such a huge undertaking would be worked out in three weeks and 2)CORKER'S PLAN DOES NOT  HAVE WIDESPREAD SUPPORT AMONG REPUBLICAN LEGISLATORS!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2012, 01:28:18 PM »
What's funny is watching liberal butt boys scramble to excuse Obama and the dems for no compromising as we approach the fiscal cliff.

The reps are at the table and Obama and the dems are out giving speeches lol saying the reps won't compromise.

And liberal drones are eating it up hahah

They don't have to compromise.  Ever thought of that?  I will tell you what is fun.... watching the idiots that beat their chests and cried about how they wanted the country to go off the cliff years ago for the chaos and to "reset itself" are now suddenly whining about that very thing.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 03:08:03 PM »
McTones, did you bother reading any of that article past the first paragraph? Firstly, the portion of the article that you quoted is not something that is on the table and it's not something that has even been suggested by the SoH. Secondly, the senator who made that quote specifically says that the reason Dems have been so intractable is because Repubs simply don't have much leverage. Thirdly, the entire point of his quote is that Boehner should re-consider his stance on the tax rate because then it allows for discussion on other fiscal issues.

Furthermore, the article addresses two MASSIVE problems with that quote: 1) there is no way such a huge undertaking would be worked out in three weeks and 2)CORKER'S PLAN DOES NOT  HAVE WIDESPREAD SUPPORT AMONG REPUBLICAN LEGISLATORS!

Its not nice to call Tony out on his BS

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 04:29:56 PM »
But you're perfectly ok implying your idea of fairness to the tax code?

Nice job pointing out the irony in your beliefs!!!

I don't imply anything. If I have something to say, I say it straight out.

I am not a lawmaker or a tax expert, however I do have an opinion of what I think would be a fair income tax. In my opinion, everyone should pay the same rate regardless of income and there should be no deductions. What I don't think is a fair income tax is the one we currently have were some people pay nothing and some very wealthy people get a better tax rate then the average middleclass person. I also believe there should be a value added tax. This way anyone who spends money pays taxes. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 04:43:34 PM »
So you're saying that Obama and the dems couldn't agree to an entitlement cut that thy have already previously agreed to???
How the hell does that make sense?

no, somehow when I answered I clipped off the first sentence in your post about Obamacare

that was what I was saying no to

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 06:20:33 PM »

Furthermore, the article addresses two MASSIVE problems with that quote: 1) there is no way such a huge undertaking would be worked out in three weeks and 2)CORKER'S PLAN DOES NOT  HAVE WIDESPREAD SUPPORT AMONG REPUBLICAN LEGISLATORS!
First haha nothing has been proposed b/c nothing has been agreed upon yet. Politicians only propose something they know wont pass when they are trying to make political points...Like the dems did with tax hikes for the rich that were quickly voted down...

Second, so b/c the reps supposedly dont have leverage it makes it ok for the dems to reneg on their previous agreements and no longer compromise? thats what your trying to go with LMFAO?

Third, He is reconsidering his stance on taxes so that we can get some entitlement reform which will cut spending which is much more effective at cutting debt than tax hikes!!!

further more, obama and the dems have already agreed to certain entitlement cuts in previous debt talks. Youre trying to tell me that it would take weeks to get them to agree on something they have already agreed on???

LMFAO get a clue!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 06:24:27 PM »
They don't have to compromise.  Ever thought of that?  I will tell you what is fun.... watching the idiots that beat their chests and cried about how they wanted the country to go off the cliff years ago for the chaos and to "reset itself" are now suddenly whining about that very thing.
The reps dont have to compromise either brain child!!! it benefits everyone if both sides compromise

I never said we should go off the fiscal cliff previously so I dont know why youre bringing this up. If youre talking about the bail outs thats a different situation as the money was used to prop up inefficient and poorly managed businesses. If you were in favor of giving them money I completey understand why your in favor of giving our bloated, inefficient and wasteful govt more money to piss away.