Author Topic: Robby Robison could do guest posing,seminars in his 40's.....  (Read 5342 times)

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
Re: Robby Robison could do guest posing,seminars in his 40's.....
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 08:33:30 AM »
I read where Robbie was in the military not sure which war the enemy stabbed in the leg he "played dead" didnt make a sound a tough mofo.
^^
He was in Vietnam, his platoon was overrun by the communists (they always attacked in big numbers) and he and many others played dead, the enemy went around randomly bayoneting some troops, and he got stabbed thru the thigh, he still has a scar on the thigh...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 08:37:18 AM »
Good find I thought I read that he got stabbed in the thigh somewhere.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 08:37:44 AM »
That story was made up by the Weider mags. Read Robby's biography.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 08:52:46 AM »
Robbie worked with the late Trevor smith for his masters o.. Robbie looked great.. Trevor said that Robbie used hgh for that prep.. Trevor recommend large dosages of everything but he told me that Robbie refused to do the Huge dosages and moderated them a bit..

gee38

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 09:07:14 AM »
just a few points

this is the same trevor smith who lied about his weight, his bodyfat, his training weights etc etc etc.

I wouldn't believe a word of it.

as for no insulin........... beckles was hospitalised numerous times in the late 80's for screwing up his slin usage

all these myths

the pro's in the 80's were using what they could get in high dosages don't believe the 20mg of dbol a day thing- its nonsense.

I believe haney who I thought was great had an average offseason of 1.75gm of sust and a gm of EQ as his 'cruising' cycle. so many myths about the old timers.

I would still rather haney was the ideal instead of heath.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 09:39:50 AM »
Coleman looks like he barely trains these days.  He's making a whole lotta $$$ in BBing for a guy who rarely trains.

he was pushing his body to the limit for 12 or 15 years.  He's got a lot of injuries from that, a lot of wear and tear. 

It's the same way a 40 year old who only played high school ball might be able to throw a football farther than Dan Marino today... sure, marino sucks now but he was playing at a higher level than the other guy for 15 years.

I don't understand people's criticism of Ronnie...he pushed his body as hard as he could for many years and I'm sure he has a lot of nerve damage and muscle damage.....Ronnie still looks better than 99% of the people on the Planet.....

The bodybuilders of old did not push themselves in terms of pure poundages as the guys do today

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »
Paying to see a man in his 40s and 50s flexing/posing = gay.

Congratulations on outing yourself.  ::)

listen up now children,  Dorathy Authority has arrived
c

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »
The bodybuilders of old did not push themselves in terms of pure poundages as the guys do today

Bodybuilding is not powerlifting.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »
Paying to see a man in his 40s and 50s flexing/posing = gay.

Congratulations on outing yourself.  ::)

Yes, because theyre gonna let you in for free  at a pro competition just to proove youre a straight macho man...

DELUSIONALLLLLL

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
I think it's simply trying to hold too much weight at too advanced an age. Tears not withstanding, Ronnie would look a whole lot better if he lost some weight. I've seen lots of the lighter "mass with class" guys look great into their sixties, I seldom see it with the guys who always are trying to be mass monsters.

Drug and training, doesn't matter, the upkeep simply out paces the want.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 12:53:08 PM »
I don't understand people's criticism of Ronnie...he pushed his body as hard as he could for many years and I'm sure he has a lot of nerve damage and muscle damage.....Ronnie still looks better than 99% of the people on the Planet.....

Are you blind? He easily looks worse than 99% of people on the planet, his body doesn't even look human.
Trans Milkshake.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »

Are you blind? He easily looks worse than 99% of people on the planet, his body doesn't even look human.

definitely NOT a physique artist

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 01:18:25 PM »
definitely NOT a physique artist

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 01:57:41 PM »
Robinson looks incredible in his 50s and 60s.  I bet that physique wasn't built on a shitload of drugs either.  Something to learn from.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2012, 10:59:43 AM »
Robinson looks incredible in his 50s and 60s.  I bet that physique wasn't built on a shitload of drugs either.  Something to learn from.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2012, 11:02:29 AM »
They are both mentally ill.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2012, 11:38:49 PM »
When in one recent interview Palumbo asked Robbie if he did imagine himself, decades ago, that he still will be training seriously and look great at age 60+ he instantly said "Yes, of course.".. Here's your answer. ;)

p.s. - he says he has had no injuries, pain in joints or other stuff... And he was (and still is) a fan of quite a heavy training. Genetics of peace.

H.I.I.T.

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2012, 12:59:39 AM »
Robby Robinson has nothing to do all day except work out.  Meanwhile, Ronnie Coleman travels constantly, has kids, has a supplement company to run, etc.  Obviously he wont look good.  It has nothing to do with the drugs he took

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2012, 08:30:48 AM »
You could be dead on. GH and insulin wasn't used back then like it is now. They could only get GH from cadavers because they didn't know how to make it in the lab yet. Insulin was never even talked about during the 70's.
Bingo this is it exactly. Gh and slin have ruined Ronnie and pro BB. Robbie R never competed @more than 210 h212 lbs even tho he appears much bigger. I doubt he touched gh or slin ever. With his awesome shape and small joomts he didnt need to weigh that much plus that was 20 yrs ago as opposed to now where all the guys ate bloated messes headding for a diabetic old age for sure
 Not slamming Ronnie dudes awesome but its a different game these days.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2012, 08:46:14 AM »
Bingo this is it exactly. Gh and slin have ruined Ronnie and pro BB. Robbie R never competed @more than 210 h212 lbs even tho he appears much bigger. I doubt he touched gh or slin ever. With his awesome shape and small joomts he didnt need to weigh that much plus that was 20 yrs ago as opposed to now where all the guys ate bloated messes headding for a diabetic old age for sure
 Not slamming Ronnie dudes awesome but its a different game these days.

Looking THAT fresh skin/muscle wise without GH? I highly doubt it. Fella must've been on it for many years already.. Why wouldn't he? He's a life long hormone user, he loves it.