Author Topic: Discrimination Against Bodybuilders  (Read 5045 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Discrimination Against Bodybuilders
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:37:35 PM »
What say you?

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
Re: Discrimination Against Bodybuilders
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:43:18 PM »
What say you?

Planet fitness went too far using their little angle for promotion. Antagonized to a point of diminishing return and suffering from the backlash.

®

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 09:02:35 PM »
Planet fitness went too far using their little angle for promotion. Antagonized to a point of diminishing return and suffering from the backlash.

Yeah, it's really low brow shit. a female BBer is an easy target, and are the minority in any gym you go to.

Their other commercials are a joke as well, when they ridicule jacked dudes, as if 80% of the guys in that gym wouldn't give their left nut to look that way.

what's next, a gym for fat chicks that ridicules a gorgeous girl ?

As a card -carrying muscular good looking person, am i supposed to feel bad about myself because these people suck?

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:05:26 PM »

Groink
you are
nothing but
a common
drug addictd
criminal
Yeah, it's really low brow shit. a female BBer is an easy target, and are the minority in any gym you go to.

Their other commercials are a joke as well, when they ridicule jacked dudes, as if 80% of the guys in that gym wouldn't give their left nut to look that way.

As a card -carrying muscular good looking person, am i supposed to feel bad about myself because these people suck?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »
How Planet Fitness regard the average Getbigger

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 09:39:49 PM »

Good point, everyone should have the right to look the way they want to whether their fat, muscular or a skinny twink and not be discriminated
against, that guy in the clip obviously trains hard so why make fun of him because of the way he looks.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
I overheard a girl tell her boyfriend I was "gross" after I walked by. It made my day. You know you are getting huge when teenage girls cower in terror (or disgust)  ;D.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 11:03:15 PM »
I overheard a girl tell her boyfriend I was "gross" after I walked by. It made my day. You know you are getting huge when teenage girls cower in terror (or disgust)  ;D.

Did you kill him and then rape her on top of his corpse?

True Amateur

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 03:25:14 PM »

I hear you bro. I'm constantly being referred to as "the musclehead" or whatever, when meanwhile none of them would want to run into me in a dark alley.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 03:30:20 PM »
Not a fan of female bodybuilders but this starts to gain a heavy Stasi like  feel - genocide of the unwanted in the making.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 03:33:07 PM »
bbers=gross

the trainer

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
That was so disrespectful I hope some feminist groups get ahold of that video.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 03:48:55 PM »
I hear you bro. I'm constantly being referred to as "the musclehead" or whatever, when meanwhile none of them would want to run into me in a dark alley.

Why, are you a rapist?
Trans Milkshake.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »
Women usually have no problem when guys get torn a new one in TV commercials today, which seems de rigueur in world of Young & Rubicam, where knocking men down a notch helps endear the brand to the ever growing spending dollar of today's urban female who makes over 85% of all household purchasing decisions.

But how will women respond to one of their own being ridiculed for their dollar?

Will they join in the ridicule because the she-beast doesn't fit their idea of a woman anyways, and inherently taps into the lizard part of the female brain designed to deride and reject and ridicule any female who doesn't fit societal norms. A woman that's easy to ridicule to help today's woman feel better about her own sexual insecurities?

Or will they truly rally together against this assault on feminism?

I would put money on the former, and would laugh at the latter gaining traction.

If it was a fat girl being ridiculed, then women everywhere would come out of the woodwork to decry this ad. But throw in a female bodybuilder, and it's just too far away from typical gender norms for the average Sally Jane Q. Housewife to side with the maligned she-he.