Author Topic: Storage Wars accusation that it is faked  (Read 6405 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Storage Wars accusation that it is faked
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »
Umm yeah.  Of course it is.  Turns out the treasures they find are planted by various antique dealers that the buyer eventually goes to for an appraisal hence the reason why they know so much about the obscure items.  He even says the chick on the show had Impants given to her from A&E to add sexiness.  He found a locker with a barbell hence being bodybuilding related.

Yuuup! "Storage Wars" star Dave Hester is suing A&E, claiming its hit reality show is a fake.

Hester - whose aggressive bidding call "yuuup!" has become a catch-phrase emblazoned on T-shirts -- filed suit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, claiming that he was fired after he complained that producers were planting exotic and expensive items to pump up drama on the show.

"Storage Wars," which premiered in 2010, features Hester and other bidders competing over abandoned storage lockers in public auctions. Hester was the owner of a thrift store in Costa Mesa that is now closed.

Hester essentially serves as the show's villain, working to bid up lockers he has no intention of buying and frequently trash-talking other players. His Twitter handle is @davethemogul.

Hester and the producers had been sparring behind the scenes recently, with some news reports suggesting he might not return for the show's new season.

I've only watched the show a couple of time, but I see the dude in the goatee and I think his son? at the Starbucks I go to almost every morning. I had no idea who they were until someone there was taking a pic with them and asked who they were :-\

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 12:07:19 PM »
a lot of devastating revelations in this thread

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 12:12:31 PM »
Imagine all the losers going out buying storages and ruining themselves because of this show :-\

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 12:20:26 PM »
That Jared dude had a problem with meth and did some state time. I know someone who knows someone who knows him. Supposedly a good dude. Realizes he hit the lottery with this stupid show.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 12:29:13 PM »
usually you know things are being dramatised in these shows but i have to admit i thought it really was lucrative to be in that kind of business lol

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 12:31:49 PM »
Hester's salary and other compensation? $25,000 per episode for a guarantee of 26, plus a monthly stipend of $2,500 AND an expense account of $124,500 plus a $25,000 signing bonus.

Not bad.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 12:33:17 PM »
Allegations against the defendants as listed in the filed papers include:

1) "A&E regularly plants valuable items or memorabilia" "...in one episode a pile of old newspapers announcing the death of Elvis Presley was discovered. In another episode a BMW mini car was found buried under a pile trash."

When Hester went to the producers to say he thought what they were doing was possibly illegal he was fired.

2) "...nearly every aspect of the Series is faked, even down to the plastic surgery that one of the female cast members underwent in order to create more 'sex appeal'"

The cost of the surgery was picked up for her. In the land of plastic surgery mills, So. Cal, does anyone find that a problem? Hester does.

3) "Original Productions (producers of the show) manipulate the outcome of auctions by paying for storage units on behalf of the weaker cast members who lack both the skill and financial wherewithal to place winning bids."

Who's weak? Perhaps Brandi and Jarrod before they got their feet wet? Darrell's got money and we know that Barry does.

4) "...many viewers have questioned whether the valuable items are planted in the units for dramatic effect. In response AETN (A&E) issued the following press release. 'There is no staging involved. The items uncovered in the storage units are the actual items featured on the show.' That was a lie."

5) "Hester is informed and believes that a company called Off The Wall Antiques provides defendants access to an entire warehouse full of marquee items, and in exchange the owners of that establishment are regularly featured on the Series."

Does the name Off The Wall Antiques sound familiar? It should. The Storage Wars gang, mostly Barry Weiss who is chums with the owner, shows up there to have Dennis Boses appraise something for him.

6) "Although the Series shows cast members who have won storage units breaking away from the rest of the cast to inspect the contents of the unit during the auction, this never occurs."

7) During early seasons of the show, "...Defendants requested that Hester provide valuable items that would be planted...in the storage lockers acquired by Hester." "....he soon realized that he did not want to participate in this fraudulent conduct. Hester complained....and in response Defendants no longer requested..."

The complaint then details his attempts to tell the defendants that he didn't want to be part of them planting items in others' storage lockers, despite them ceasing to do it with his.

In September 2012 at a series of meetings with A&E top brass and senior execs of the production company, the other cast members joined Hester and agreed they were queasy about it continuing to go on.

This occurred after his contract option was picked up for this latest season. Hester's salary and other compensation? $25,000 per episode for a guarantee of 26, plus a monthly stipend of $2,500 AND an expense account of $124,500 plus a $25,000 signing bonus.

The extent of planting items in lockers was revealed to the top execs. As you would expect, at their level they didn't know the extent to which it continued. Hester's attorney wrote to them and asked that if they continued the practice, Hester wanted protection from any lawsuits or investigations into their practices

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 12:35:36 PM »
usually you know things are being dramatised in these shows but i have to admit i thought it really was lucrative to be in that kind of business lol
you never stroked me as a gullable guy stud

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »
you never stroked me as a gullable guy stud
gay

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 12:39:49 PM »
IT'S STILL REAL TO ME!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 12:43:38 PM »
I see this going 2 ways

Either A

Dave Hester goes to every action A&E goes to and out bids them on every storage out of spit

Or B

A&E puts David out of business and Never lets that dude win another Storage unit in So.Cal ever again with their Unlimited bank account

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 12:56:18 PM »
I see this going 2 ways

Either A

Dave Hester goes to every action A&E goes to and out bids them on every storage out of spit

Or B

A&E puts David out of business and Never lets that dude win another Storage unit in So.Cal ever again with their Unlimited bank account

Probably B. If they were paying him $25k an episode, they have that money to burn on lockers never letting him win another one.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »
As I've stated many times; if its on TV, it's most likely a lie.
a

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »
you mean, like there really is a Santy?
c

Jonny34

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 01:47:39 PM »
I went to a few storage auctions to see what the hype was about. On the show, they show them cutting the lock to the locker, but the ones I went to, they were always unlocked. I wouldn't doubt it if the owners of the storage place even went through them before they auctioned them off. All I saw was old furniture and junk when they would give you a few minutes to look around. They would usually auction off the lockers for way more than then the stuff was worth.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2012, 05:59:21 PM »
I know a guy who use to bid on this shit. He said every single one of them are picked clean of the good shit before hand. Or the owners/workers of the place make a list of whats inside the storage unit and sell off to buddies before hand.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 06:04:33 PM »
I went to a few storage auctions to see what the hype was about. On the show, they show them cutting the lock to the locker, but the ones I went to, they were always unlocked. I wouldn't doubt it if the owners of the storage place even went through them before they auctioned them off. All I saw was old furniture and junk when they would give you a few minutes to look around. They would usually auction off the lockers for way more than then the stuff was worth.

Although illegal, that's exactly what they do. And if it isn't the owners, its the workers there.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 08:17:02 PM »

Alex23
did you
drive your
humvee

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 09:07:06 PM »
Bodybuilding-related stuff at 0:40 regarding Steroids and Juicing

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2012, 07:01:36 AM »
Although illegal, that's exactly what they do. And if it isn't the owners, its the workers there.

Yes, illegal but who's monitoring it?  They give the owner 90 days to pay then they put it up for auction.  One bitch Nabila bought the Paris Hilton locker a while back then sold it for over a million dollars

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 07:04:01 AM »
I'm shocked and outraged we've been lied to!!! >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 10:17:36 AM »
http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/13/lindsay-lohan-storage-locker-unpaid-bill-auction/

Lindsay Lohan
Storage Locker To Be
Auctioned Off

Lindsay Lohan is on the verge of losing expensive designer clothes, family heirlooms and potentially embarrassing items ... because she hasn't paid her storage bill and as a result the unit is about to go up on the auction block.

Sources close to Lindsay tell us ... LiLo has fallen behind on paying her monthly bill ... and now owes roughly $16,000 to the storage company.

The account is now delinquent and the locker can't be opened until the balance is paid in full ... and that's not going to happen because Lindsay doesn't have the cash. As we reported, her financial situation is so desperate the IRS has frozen her bank accounts because of unpaid back taxes.

So here's the upshot. If Lindsay doesn't get a big check for XMAS, her storage unit will be auctioned off this month. We're told she's reached out to family and friends to front her the money but so far no one is biting.

Talk about a good "Storage Wars" episode.