Author Topic: Republicans Deemed Too Pro-Rich, 57% in Poll Want Change  (Read 326 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Republicans Deemed Too Pro-Rich, 57% in Poll Want Change
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:48:33 AM »
Bloomberg) A majority of Americans say the Republican Party needs a major overhaul after electoral losses revealed demographic, messaging and technological shortfalls compared with Democrats, a Bloomberg National Poll shows.

Even among Republicans, just 16 percent say their party is fine and doesn’t need to change. The survey also shows the party is viewed as too protective of the wealthy and that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has a slight edge among high-profile Republicans who may lead the party.

The party is reassessing its positions and tactics after losing the presidential race, failing to make gains in the U.S. Senate and seeing their House majority shrink after the 2012 elections. The Republican National Committee this week created a study group to examine how it can improve the party’s performance ahead of the 2014 congressional elections and 2016 race for the White House.

“They need to take some time and listen to middle-class America,” said poll participant Lisa Lee, 43, an office manager from New Milford, Pennsylvania. “At one time, I would have said that I was proud to be a Republican. I’m not so much anymore.” ................(more)

The complete piece is at: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-13/republicans-deemed-too-pro-rich-57-in-poll-want-change.html

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Republicans Deemed Too Pro-Rich, 57% in Poll Want Change
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:50:24 AM »
They have been that way for years people are just starting to smarten up a bit.