Author Topic: L.A Angels sign Josh hamilton  (Read 5072 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
L.A Angels sign Josh hamilton
« on: December 13, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »
Joins Pujols in a devastating lineup.

discuss

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: L.A Angels sign Josh hamilton
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »
Joins Pujols in a devastating lineup.

discuss
More like disgusting.  How the fuck do they justify paying these retards that much?  Just in the past year, they have signed Pujols, C.J. Wilson, and Hamilton for over 400 million dollars!!!  No three players are worth that much.  Yankees are finding out the hard way about long, guaranteed contracts.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
will be running wild in Orange County fucking all the Lonely Millionaire whore wives, hope Vanessa Bryant is on his list to do

But that Angels Line up will be Great, give the yankees a scare, and they already One up on the Rangers when they play next year

Artie Moreno will make even more moves before the end of next season

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:10:55 PM »
Hope he can keep it together. Congrats.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »
More like disgusting.  How the fuck do they justify paying these retards that much?  Just in the past year, they have signed Pujols, C.J. Wilson, and Hamilton for over 400 million dollars!!!  No three players are worth that much.  Yankees are finding out the hard way about long, guaranteed contracts.

Yankees are the New England Patriots of baseball dude, in it every year.  how they do it financially is irrelevant.

back on topic...Trout, Pujols and hamilton as your 3,4,5, hitters? jesus christ.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 03:15:33 PM »
Yankees are the New England Patriots of baseball dude, in it every year.  how they do it financially is irrelevant.

back on topic...Trout, Pujols and hamilton as your 3,4,5, hitters? jesus christ.
It sounds good, but will they all stay healthy?  Will Hamilton stay on the wagon? Is Pujols closer to 40 then he admits?  You are wrong about the Patriots being the Yankees of football.  The Patriots are notorious for being cheap with contracts.  They are still an elite team.  They don't buy the best for the most every off-season.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »
It sounds good, but will they all stay healthy?  Will Hamilton stay on the wagon? Is Pujols closer to 40 then he admits?  You are wrong about the Patriots being the Yankees of football.  The Patriots are notorious for being cheap with contracts.  They are still an elite team.  They don't buy the best for the most every off-season.

will anybody stay healthy ? that's sports.

and you're missing the point...it's doesn't matter HOW you win..as long as you win ... The Yankees always win, The Patriots always win..it's that simple

plenty of teams with huge payrolls don't do shit

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 03:22:35 PM »

Well there was the 80's where the Yankees took a big Massive shit and were dead for a decade, but nobody really remembers 80's baseball isnt important when the yankees suck

Angels are hoping Pujols Doesnt have the kinda start he did last year, Trout is an amazing young player, exciting, cant hit , field and steal , guy is all around, i never saw mickey mantle play but alot of old timers say Trout is a player identical to SEVEN "7"

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 03:25:01 PM »
will anybody stay healthy ? that's sports.

and you're missing the point...it's doesn't matter HOW you win..as long as you win ... The Yankees always win, The Patriots always win..it's that simple

plenty of teams with huge payrolls don't do shit
But you have to admit that the Yankees big boys ( Cano, Rodriguez, Swisher, Granderson etc...) Choked the big one.  All that money wasted.

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 03:25:21 PM »

Yeah that's a pretty lethal string of batters. I'm not entirely sold on Hamilton, but it'll be nice having a left power bat, particularly in the later innings. Hopefully Morales bounces back a bit this year, too, because he certainly showed a ton of promise at the plate before his little mishap.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
the Angles still have to pay Vernon Wells 21 million dollars for each of the next two seasons  :-\

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »
Perfect example of Yankees overspending: They sign that fat bastard Youkilis to a 1 year, 12 million dollar contract.  Just to fill in for Arod who will get hip surgery.  Yankee fans wonder why ticket prices are so high  ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
But you have to admit that the Yankees big boys ( Cano, Rodriguez, Swisher, Granderson etc...) Choked the big one.  All that money wasted.

Yankees got cold at the wrong time, and ran into a hot team...that's baseball. the same players have won the world series.

everyone talks about payroll. like their team plays for free.  

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 03:32:20 PM »
Perfect example of Yankees overspending: They sign that fat bastard Youkilis to a 1 year, 12 million dollar contract.  Just to fill in for Arod who will get hip surgery.  Yankee fans wonder why ticket prices are so high  ::)

What is it with New England fans that they have to bitch about New york teams every chance they get ? This thread isn't even about The Yankees.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »
Yankees got cold at the wrong time, and ran into a hot team...that's baseball. the same players have won the world series.

everyone talks about payroll. like their team plays for free.  
Yes Groink, but why guarantee a guy for 10 years (like Arod, Pujols ?) fucking stupid!!!! Sure they were great when you sighned them, but they will be horrid towards the end of those deals.  

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »
Yes Groink, but why guarantee a guy for 10 years (like Arod, Pujols ?) fucking stupid!!!! Sure they were great when you sighned them, but they will be horrid towards the end of those deals.  

Baseball Union  ???

i saw about 15min of money ball on cable last week, but the girlfriend ask me to go with her Christmas tree shopping  >:(, seemed like a good flick, time to get it on DVD and finish watching it

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 03:35:41 PM »

Because they can get the money, the market is what it is.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »
What is it with New England fans that they have to bitch about New york teams every chance they get ? This thread isn't even about The Yankees.
I'm actually an A's fan  8)  The A's are a perfect example of what a smart G.M. can do for a team.  They went to the playoffs with a fraction of the payroll as the big boys.  I personally think they could use a few more stars myself.  Cashman is a perfect name for that reckless G.M. in New York.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
I'm actually an A's fan  8)  The A's are a perfect example of what a smart G.M. can do for a team.  They went to the playoffs with a fraction of the payroll as the big boys.  I personally think they could use a few more stars myself.  Cashman is a perfect name for that reckless G.M. in New York.

Thing is Cashman CAN'T do what Oakland does. Players know the yankees have money and hold them up to play there. And use the Yankees to get better deals elsewhere.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 03:44:41 PM »
the Yanks will finish below the Blue Jays next season.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
the Yanks will finish below the Blue Jays next season.

No, they won't.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »

Perfect example of the Yankees using their money wisely - signing a third baseman who had a good line drive % combined with an unusually low BABIP, which should correct, to a ONE year deal, which is perfect for getting them on goal with 189M for 2014, resetting the luxury tax clock, and saving them about 100M.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »

Where was he reckless?
Y

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
Where was he reckless?

I guess he was reckless in putting together a team that goes deep into the playoffs year in and year out

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 03:58:53 PM »
Dead before 2014