Author Topic: Big & Thick - Watches  (Read 19540 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Big & Thick
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 10:11:40 PM »
watches? I've been searching google and bing but they're either originals or over priced. I love big face/large watches (classy though). Any websites out there that sell knock offs or replicas.

- Discuss

disappointed............ ....................I thought this thread was about your mother >:(

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »
disappointed................................I thought this thread was about your mother >:(

LOL... looks like we're eskimo brothers..  :D
®

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »
Sick bro!! Where's the link

here u go: http://www.megawatchstore.com/claude-bernard-01004-3-nin.html . Pretty cheap. I've tried it on my wrist and it's really "buff" lookin, but solid and classy at the same time.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 10:26:29 PM »
Ask Coach, hes the highest paid trainer in the world out of a old garage using 1970s equipment

LOL!!!!
®

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Big & Thick - Watches
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 11:47:04 AM »
N how much you looking to spend?  

Doing a quick search on Amazon I've come up with these:

$95  http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-1517-Force-Collection-Chronograph/dp/B005FN00PM/ref=sr_1_2?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1355686867&sr=1-2&keywords=invicta+watch

$169 http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-10505-Corduba-Polyurethane-Watch/dp/B007HN81P4/ref=pd_sbs_watch_2

I personally like military(ish) style as my casual/cheap day to day watches:

;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 11:49:49 AM »
I have this one.:

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 11:54:27 AM »
This is my next watch:

ukjeff

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »

Does anyone know what time it is???

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 11:58:51 AM »

Does anyone know what time it is???
8:15?

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2012, 11:58:58 AM »
Fellas I'm looking for 60mm or at least 55mm face watches. And not plastic band either, looks a bit childish. Preferably leather (doesn't have to be genuine). I've been searching the web since yesterday, they're either over priced or hard to find. Price range I'm looking for is between $100-$200, more than than is a waste of money since I have more than 10 watches.

Parker - that website you posted dude, sick watches hands down! It is affordable but is it worth the money ya know?

On a side note, two things I've noticed 'weekend broads' like about men. One is watches, and two is money clips!
#

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »
The one i wear

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »
#

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
Fellas I'm looking for 60mm or at least 55mm face watches. And not plastic band either, looks a bit childish. Preferably leather (doesn't have to be genuine). I've been searching the web since yesterday, they're either over priced or hard to find. Price range I'm looking for is between $100-$200, more than than is a waste of money since I have more than 10 watches.

Parker - that website you posted dude, sick watches hands down! It is affordable but is it worth the money ya know?

On a side note, two things I've noticed 'weekend broads' like about men. One is watches, and two is money clips!
You should try the Flea Market.  You can get a nice Vintage Swatch for around 4 dollars.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 12:47:16 PM »

I like odd watches, I like how the designers come up with different ways to present the time. But, I also like the vintage way as well. I like the grey Alessi, the IM watch by droid, and the "Remember , You Will Die" watch by MJW, a standard looking watch, but has a grim way of looking at the time.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »
The one i wear

very very very nice Brent!  more pics!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2012, 12:50:26 PM »
Do gumball machines still give out watches?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2012, 12:52:05 PM »
Do gumball machines still give out watches?

no just gumballs now :-)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2012, 12:57:15 PM »
no just gumballs now :-)
That is a sign of the times for sure.  Next thing you know they will just skip the gum part and the only thing they will give out is balls.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 01:01:12 PM »

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2012, 01:23:07 PM »
A watch by uberman
http://www.mrjoneswatches.com/mantra/
thats more like it:
http://www.theretroworld.com/casio-illuminator-retro-lcd-watch/

Japanese design from the 80s, light, basic, rugged and cheap yet classy and manly enough to be worn whatever your clothes. Gives you hour, date, alarm chrono, you can keep them having a shower...and that's fucking about it in 99.99% of your daily needs.
I have three of them for the next decades.

When i get older i ll probably buy that version:

When i was a kid my grandmother always bought me huge expensive watches i didnt even know how to use and that i always lost, got stolen or destroyed under 6 months. Was dumb to buy that stuff for kids but my grandmother always was all appearences and no substance. Fortunately grandfather knew how to keep her in check and down to earth enough to not be consumed by her extremities.

Then as a teen i bought myself lighter , more basic versions of these watches
I always thought the square, minimalist designs of these watches looked like the design of cars, computers etc in tv shows i was watching (knight rider, etc) and made me feel being part of the modern world, an "adult".

and as an adult, i just bought the same kind of watches but with stainless steel band and case cause the plastic bands used to break appart after one or two years of use and exposition to water. I dont like the rounder versions of these watches or round watches in general as i find them "girly". Also i dont have the time to waste when i look at my watch to read that analog nonsense, hence preferring digital ones.
I have always bought casio watches, dunno why tho. Probably cause they were my first watches, but to be honnest, i think that's just because their design were just superior to everything else other made until now.

It's funny to understand as you age how you ve been conditionned by your loved ones to prefer something over something else.
I never was into buying big stuff for the sole purpose of showing off, instead i always looked for what was strictly necessary and got the job done ; doesnt mean it had to look ugly tho. I ve kept applying this to everything i bought and even to my way of thinking overtime.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2012, 01:26:37 PM »
The two on the left and right are expensive but big the watch in the middle is an Adee Kaye 50mm i think, bought it at the MGM grand for $200 I Think, its an impressive watch in person and it looks expensive

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »
The two on the left and right are expensive but big the watch in the middle is an Adee Kaye 50mm i think, bought it at the MGM grand for $200 I Think, its an impressive watch in person and it looks expensive
They are so ugly and heavy your probably dont even wear them most of the time, they just stay there in a little gay chest all year long while you wear something more convenient. You probably wear them once in a while as a way to look richer than you actually are and hoping to impress gullible people in the street who are as superficial as you. That's a great way to know what kind of man/person you have in front of you, just look at his watch (or car). Often you realize it has nothing to do with his financial status as most of them are in debt to be able to buy several of these pieces of crap. Same insecure and annoying useless people who drive huge gaz guzzling trucks in cities btw.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2012, 01:37:55 PM »
They are so ugly and heavy your probably dont even wear them most of the time, they just stay there in a little gay chest all year long while you wear something more convenient. You probably wear them once in a while as a way to look richer than you actually are and to impress other people in the street.
Spot on brosef  ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »
The market is being flooded with high end counterfeit watches made in China being sold on the internet. When you see a 20 something kid that lives with his mom with a $6000 dollar watch that he paid $600 bucks for it's a fake. I talked to to a watch repair guy and he said just about every "high end" watch in for repairs is a Chinese rip off.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2012, 01:39:33 PM »
who even wears watches anymore? just use your cell phone for the time.
X