Author Topic: i've been taking finasteride for months but it doesnt do shit  (Read 6096 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: i've been taking finasteride for months but it doesnt do shit
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 02:01:37 PM »
is there even proof finasteride is causing this in these folks

You want proof? Personally, if I had it to do over, I wouldn't touch the stuff. But hey, if hair is so important to you, go for it. Who knows you might be one of the lucky ones who grows hair and keeps getting a stiffy whenever you want.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »
You want proof? Personally, if I had it to do over, I wouldn't touch the stuff. But hey, if hair is so important to you, go for it. Who knows you might be one of the lucky ones who grows hair and keeps getting a stiffy whenever you want.
yeh i hope so

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »
is there even proof finasteride is causing this in these folks

Depends on what you count as proof. IMO, knowing what DHT does it's likely that blocking it
will potentially affect libido, mood, etc.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-research-finds-finasteride-propecia-causes-penis-shrinkage-rats

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
shaving head isn't that bad.   You'd be surprised at how people treat you differently when you're bald.  Girls are either instantly into you, or instantly not.  You look older.  Anytime you give someone a dirty look, you're much more likely to get the reaction you want, cause bald dudes are typically viewed as no-nonsense badasses.

ya gotta put on some size, you can't be skinny and bald, that'd suck. 

Shave it bald, take some pics.  Then let it grow in for a week, and shape it.  most people like a little salt on it, just a light level 1 growth, but that'll vary.

Once you're bald, you might like it... people look at you like a fcking man, not a kid. 

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »
this sounds like BS

i'm not impotent and i knocked up a chick while taking it

you don't know that you knocked her up.  odds are you didn't.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 06:01:24 PM »
Spot on.   

shaving head isn't that bad.   You'd be surprised at how people treat you differently when you're bald.  Girls are either instantly into you, or instantly not.  You look older.  Anytime you give someone a dirty look, you're much more likely to get the reaction you want, cause bald dudes are typically viewed as no-nonsense badasses.

ya gotta put on some size, you can't be skinny and bald, that'd suck. 

Shave it bald, take some pics.  Then let it grow in for a week, and shape it.  most people like a little salt on it, just a light level 1 growth, but that'll vary.

Once you're bald, you might like it... people look at you like a fcking man, not a kid. 

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 01:29:01 AM »
you don't know that you knocked her up.  odds are you didn't.
i keep telling you the odds are i did

i dont know what is so satisfying about being that negative all the time ???

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 01:44:53 AM »
Taking finasteride prophylactically is also effective for preventing early benign prostate hyperplasia in steroid users.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 02:31:19 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »
Taking finasteride prophylactically is also effective for preventing early benign prostate hyperplasia in steroid users.

That's interesting. Do you have a source or is this just some crazy shit you made up?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 10:58:50 AM »
That's interesting. Do you have a source or is this just some crazy shit you made up?
it's true

they also found a correlation between people who go bald young and prostate cancer

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »
it's true

they also found a correlation between people who go bald young and prostate cancer

Again, very interesting. I went bald in my early twenties and I had prostate cancer this year. Guess I should have been sticking the Finasteride up my butt instead of in my mouth all those years.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 11:15:20 AM »
Again, very interesting. I went bald in my early twenties and I had prostate cancer this year. Guess I should have been sticking the Finasteride up my butt instead of in my mouth all those years.
are you saying you did take finasteride and went bald + prostate cancer regardless?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »
are you saying you did take finasteride and went bald + prostate cancer regardless?

Yes, I am saying this. However, I did go bald almost two decades prior to taking Proscar and later when it was available, the generic Finasteride for an enlarged prostate. After taking Finasteride for almost 30 years, I still ended up having prostate cancer. Apparently, it does not always prevent it. In fairness, prostate cancer is one of the most common ailments in older men, like myself. Few actually die from it. When I was diagnosed about a year ago, my doctor appraised me of all my choices, including doing nothing (called watchful waiting). I chose the robotic prostatectomy because I want the cancer out of me and because I expect to live to be ancient. LOL!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »
Yes, I am saying this. However, I did go bald almost two decades prior to taking Proscar and later when it was available, the generic Finasteride for an enlarged prostate. After taking Finasteride for almost 30 years, I still ended up having prostate cancer. Apparently, it does not always prevent it. In fairness, prostate cancer is one of the most common ailments in older men, like myself. Few actually die from it. When I was diagnosed about a year ago, my doctor appraised me of all my choices, including doing nothing (called watchful waiting). I chose the robotic prostatectomy because I want the cancer out of me and because I expect to live to be ancient. LOL!
interesting

now for the million dollar question

did you experience libido, erectile or cognitive problems from the drug?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »
interesting

Dude - really man the fuck up!   This is embarassing now.   

Get big - lift like an animal, take MMA, toughen yourself up and snap out of this shit w your hair.  You can't stay on this forever. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »
interesting

Yes that is the million dollar question. I would like to think that the problems I've had with a low libido and erectile dysfunction were caused by Finasteride, because that is easier for me to accept than it being the result of some psychological issue. As for cognitive problems, I've never had them. My memory is great, always has been....well, except for some stupid mental block with remembering people's names, but that has always been a problem for me.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »
Dude - really man the fuck up!   This is embarassing now.   

Get big - lift like an animal, take MMA, toughen yourself up and snap out of this shit w your hair.  You can't stay on this forever. 
why not?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
why not?

Staying on any drug forever is no good.  And at what $$$$$

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 03:07:03 PM »

what about all the drugs in our food and drinking water

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2012, 04:02:01 PM »
it takes 2-3 months to take effect.  it actually increases shedding in the beginning, then it grows back.
I dont like twinks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2012, 06:21:11 PM »

Finasteride came with a $5 co-pay for me. That comes to approximate $1,800 over 30 years. -Not really a bank breaking amount.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2012, 06:42:36 PM »
Finasteride came with a $5 co-pay for me. That comes to approximate $1,800 over 30 years. -Not really a bank breaking amount.

When you are prescribed Propecia for hair loss it is not covered by insurance as it is considered cosmetic. Propecia can cost as much as ninety bucks a month. Recently I've decided to come off the drug because at this point who do I have to impress.   I turned thirty-five in June and my hair doesn't seem so important anymore.

Yes that is the million dollar question. I would like to think that the problems I've had with a low libido and erectile dysfunction were caused by Finasteride, because that is easier for me to accept than it being the result of some psychological issue. As for cognitive problems, I've never had them. My memory is great, always has been....well, except for some stupid mental block with remembering people's names, but that has always been a problem for me.

I've been on Propecia for close two years and never experienced any side effects.  From my reading it appears that there is a subset of men, 1-2%, who will experience persistent side effects. Side effects are a real possibility but the chances are quite small.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2012, 06:50:51 PM »
When you are prescribed Propecia for hair loss it is not covered by insurance as it is considered cosmetic. Propecia can cost as much as ninety bucks a month. Recently I've decided to come off the drug because at this point who do I have to impress.   I turned thirty-five in June and my hair doesn't seem so important anymore.

I've been on Propecia for close two years and never experienced any side effects.  From my reading it appears that there is a subset of men, 1-2%, who will experience persistent side effects. Side effects are a real possibility but the chances are quite small.

Shave it off.   

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »
Shave it off.   

I did, brother.  Buzzed it down to a 1 and never looking back.
A