Author Topic: Fun martial arts videos  (Read 2697 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Fun martial arts videos
« on: December 16, 2012, 07:11:07 PM »
It's been years since I was obsessed with martial arts, but since I got married lol... stopped caring.

I don't see many martial arts threads besides commercialized mma in the mma section.

Share whatever you find related to the human body and martial arts. Fact of the matter most BBers would snap/pull/tear a muscle, break a joint/bone if they tried any of what these skinny looking fellas are doing :)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Fun martial arts videos
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
I trained hung gar  8)

Fighting science is a frickin wicked series!

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 09:02:42 PM »
Good stuff man. I used to Do taekwondo for many years before i was a bodybuilder. i had a black-belt and won 1 bronze and 1 Gold. I stopped due to a injury, man i still do get an itch every now and then but i love bodybuilding more. full contact Sparring was alwas me strong point and my Fav  8).  roundhouse kicks to an opponenets head or back-kick to the chest felt good hearing the "boom" of the pad.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 09:30:02 PM »
Cool bro. I did taekwondo, kickboxing and hung gar.. for a very very brief time Kendo too but meh... Kendo is a sword fighting martial art.. not very practical today lol.

I am tall so kicking comes as second nature to me, but I didn't really learn how to punch/box until I did kickboxing and hung gar. Hung gar really thought me how to be aggressive as it's very offensive... also the training was freaking brutal... work your way up to 30 minutes horse stance and STAY in the horse stance... and then work forearms, punch, move side ways and forward without getting out of horse stance, hold a giant wooden log with finger tips, on your forearms, bounce it around, some crazyyyyy stuff... punching sand/rocks in a bucket...

No one's better at kicks than taekwondo/tang soo do and muay thai guys :) Karate kicks being a second imo as far as shear practical brutality.

Northern Chinese martial arts have some flamboyant kicks but eh... they are mostly show.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 09:49:43 PM »
I remember our school was preparing certain group of guys for a compeition, everyone their was basically only interested in full-contact sparring and red belt+ so it was no joke hardcore lol, I remember how brutal that was, a few guys passed out. it was intense the Korean guy with a thick Koean accent would laugh and point to the bathroom when someone looked like they were going to puke. in regular classes sparring isnt full-contact so people dont sue the school(only chest pad is allowed) but in these classes anything goes since it was the real deal you had to sign a paper saying if you got injured or even died its your own fault. it was interesting seeing people never hit in the head before get hit. Good times. i have lost all the flexablity though, affective head kicks are almost impossiable now in a fight.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 01:56:56 PM »
We also were always itching for full contact sparring, we would do it then be bruised afterwards nicely ah but fun times lol... Usually me and my buddies would beat the crap out of each other then go for some popeye's chicken :D

lol@korean guy.

And lol.. yes yes... I would pull/snap muscles/joints if I tried to do any of the stuff I used to do now :) BBing is all striving for aesthetics, not very practical for the most part, maybe brute raw strength... but martial arts is all about practical application and strengthening of the mind and body.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 02:39:22 PM »
The man that combined martial arts with philosophy and bodybuilding :)

His heaviest weight was around 165lbs but i heard he was at one point even 170-185 if i remember? And he's not tall. Yet for shear practicality in terms of fighting he dropped weight down again, still remained insane though!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 06:29:40 AM »
The man that combined martial arts with philosophy and bodybuilding :)

His heaviest weight was around 165lbs but i heard he was at one point even 170-185 if i remember? And he's not tall. Yet for shear practicality in terms of fighting he dropped weight down again, still remained insane though!
Bruce Lee was an actor, he died young and never really competed, had he competed, he would have lost just like anybody else and the myth wouldn't have been able to develop the way it has today! Young Men especially like the idea of becoming an all powerful dominant Alpha Male, since that type of male would be readily jailed in modern society, they create it through art, and that's what they did with Bruce Lee, they created a myth that wasn't based on REALITY!  Bruce Lee was an actor, he was a man, a small man at that.  A man like José Aldo would have kicked his arse!  Any decent wrestler of 200 pounds would have easily dominated him.
V

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 06:41:48 AM »
Gene Lebell picked him up and refused to put him down again, despite Lee becoming increasingly angry. Lebell would have pulled his arms off.

I agree with everything E Kul says - actor, first Asian to become a hero outside of Asia, inspiration for millions - good for you Mr Lee.

Fighter? Not recorded.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 08:35:43 AM »
i used to be really into martial arts

but i got out because i felt like martial arts schools are too greedy, they always try to make me do testing, seminarings, and other money sucking tactics

i then chose for my other hobby at the time, weightlifting (the sport of weightlifting), which was the opposite, it was soooo sooo cheap and the coach was not making a penny, just loved to do it as a hobby trying to make us champions

in the end we all let him down since we did not take PEDS secretly we could not live up to expectations of performance, but at least we didnt get caught with peds

i went to visit him a few times, i thought he was my friend

but he didnt give me the light of day

depressing

or just facing realities of life