Author Topic: Is it bizarre  (Read 3432 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Is it bizarre
« on: December 17, 2012, 08:15:25 AM »
Is it bizarre that people from other countries around the world are going nuts on getbig about us exercising our right to keep and bear arms?

They've been disarmed by their government, and they resent the fact that we still exercise individual sovereignty?

Your chance of being a victim of gun violence in the United States is extremely remote (.003 percent), much less if you factor in criminals killing each other which extremely skews that figure.

You have a much better chance of being killed in a car accident.

Outside the United States you have zero chance of being killed by an American bearing arms, so why are they going berserk?

I find it bizarre.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Re: Is it bizarre
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:18:43 AM »

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 08:20:30 AM »
Agreed. That's why I posted in El Diablo's thread earlier.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 08:21:51 AM »
Agreed. That's why I posted in El Diablo's thread earlier.

I saw that, very good!  ;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »
I saw that, very good!  ;D

Dude, I live in this fucking country.  idiot.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 08:22:54 AM »
Dude, I live in this fucking country.  idiot.

What country? idiot

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 08:23:32 AM »
you never know the power of political correctness till you are confronted to it.

hope this helps.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »

Outside the United States you have zero chance of being killed by an American bearing arms, so why are they going berserk?

HAHAH  ;D ;D
Shut the fuk up already !!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 08:27:18 AM »

HAHAH  ;D ;D
Shut the fuk up already !!

I also lol'd.
Unless, of course, you live in a middle eastern country. Then you chance of being killed by an armed American goes up slightly.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 08:33:43 AM »
I think it displays, among other things, a complete lack of understanding of the culture and history of the United States.
A

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »

They've been disarmed by their government, and they resent the fact that we still exercise individual sovereignty?

I the UK, the cultural differences and history regarding firearms are so diametrically different to the USA, that we simply don't understand this aspect of your nation.  It's certainly not resentment about exercising individual sovereignty.

The average Briton has no interest in firearms, has never held a gun, couldn't identify different firearms and certainly wouldn't know where to get one. Outside of Urban London, there is no fear of "home invasion" involving firearms, The majority of the police force don't carry guns etc.....

I'm not outraged or calling for a ban on anything. But try to put yourself in the shoes of a Euro. with almost zero exposure to firearms, surely you can understand why people are shocked and suprised to find out that a middle aged mother in a sleepy town has a cabinet full of firearms...It's so completely to us and that's why I don't comment.

I don't believe in making bold statements about banning things unless you're entrenched in a culture and fully understand the history.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 11:51:36 AM »
I think it displays, among other things, a complete lack of understanding of the culture and history of the United States.

Culture?  :-\

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 11:51:48 AM »
I the UK, the cultural differences and history regarding firearms are so diametrically different to the USA, that we simply don't understand this aspect of your nation.  It's certainly not resentment about exercising individual sovereignty.

The average Briton has no interest in firearms, has never held a gun, couldn't identify different firearms and certainly wouldn't know where to get one. Outside of Urban London, there is no fear of "home invasion" involving firearms, The majority of the police force don't carry guns etc.....

I'm not outraged or calling for a ban on anything. But try to put yourself in the shoes of a Euro. with almost zero exposure to firearms, surely you can understand why people are shocked and suprised to find out that a middle aged mother in a sleepy town has a cabinet full of firearms...It's so completely to us and that's why I don't comment.

I don't believe in making bold statements about banning things unless you're entrenched in a culture and fully understand the history.

How do you guys usually commit suicide?

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »
Hanging or Drug related poisoning are at the top statistically.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
why would you want to bear arms

i would rather no one had guns

than be in the position of those poor parents
T

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 11:56:45 AM »

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 12:00:59 PM »

Don't talk on behalf of the whole "euro community" though.

Out of civilized countries Finland has the most legal firearms / capita in the world (excluding Switzerland where everyone who has been in army has assault rifle). Followed by countries Sweden, Norway..

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »

Out of civilized countries Finland has the most legal firearms / capita in the world (excluding Switzerland where everyone who has been in army has assault rifle). Followed by countries Sweden, Norway..

Yea I'm totally ignorant to the real stats, I'm talking Western Europe, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Uk  etc....

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 12:08:33 PM »

Hmm... interesting. So when posters from the UK and the like complain that we need to be more like Europe, the reality is that the "Europe" they speak of is not nearly as unified in their gun laws as they'd like us to believe?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 12:10:34 PM »
how come swisse has so many guns and so little crime

i thought guns were to blaim for crime

?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 12:11:31 PM »
how come swisse has so many guns and so little crime

i thought guns were to blaim for crime

?
Yup, take away guns and no one will commit violent crimes anymore!

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
I like Americans, I really do, you guys make great movies, have great football but your thinking on guns is bizarre.   There seems to be this underlying belief that if you can't have your AK's then the government is going to run amuck and the hillbillies that have stored their arsenals in the backwoods are somehow going to save the day. lol.  You guys have all kinds of safegaurds to prevent a Syria from happening but suppose the government is going to somehow chip away at your fundamental rights then who among you are going to do anything about it?  You think you are going to march into a government office with your guns drawn and demand change?  99.999999% of you won't do shit.  And the one that does will go down in the annals of history as another Tim McVey.
  About this school shooting, common sense in any land would dictate that no one needs an assault rifle, useless for hunting, useless for home defense but great for killing a lot of people real fast.  But any mention of banning them will bring the full force of the NRA down on any politicain who supports such a call.  So have at it my American friends, nothing will change, just get ready for another massacre, coming to your neighbourhood, real soon.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »
Hmm... interesting. So when posters from the UK and the like complain that we need to be more like Europe, the reality is that the "Europe" they speak of is not nearly as unified in their gun laws as they'd like us to believe?

That's right.
IMO Europe is not unified in any sense - continent of different kind of countries with very different kind of histories... that's different subject though.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 12:18:35 PM »
needs an assault rifle, useless for hunting, useless for home defense but great for killing a lot of people real fast.
You are an idiot. Please refrain from speaking on this subject ever again, as it's quiet clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 12:34:36 PM »
You are an idiot. Please refrain from speaking on this subject ever again, as it's quiet clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.

You hunt with an assault rifle? Very sporting of you.