Author Topic: Today I learned what name the victorians had for pitbulls  (Read 31852 times)

dustin

Re: Today I learned what name the victorians had for pitbulls
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2013, 12:58:38 PM »
Doesn't matter, he still needs a good smack in the mug.

A slap strong enough to draw tears and induce an existential crisis.

Trust us e-kul, this hurts us more than it hurts you.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2013, 01:02:41 PM »
I'd say we scrap some money together and get E-Kul a nice, cute rednose puppy.
And let him feed it, hug it, and love it, and maybe, just maybe his hatred will subside.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2013, 10:36:20 PM »
all drugs - TPPIIP

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2013, 11:44:23 PM »
E-kul is fond of using this study "Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs 2011"

A paper written by surgeons not animal behaviorists or ethologists.    

The authors of the E-kul study?  

"non-animal experts Bini (MD), Cohn (MD), Acosta (RN, BSN), McFarland (RN, MS), Muir (MD), and Michalek (PhD)"

This paper was rebutted in the same journal soundly for it's imprudent use of unreliable dog bite tabulations and unpublished sources.

http://journals.lww.com/annalsofsurgery/Citation/2012/05000/Imprudent_use_of_Unreliable_Dog_Bite_Tabulations.38.aspx
Yeah, rebutted.  Do you even know what that means, it means a renowned crazy Pitbull Nutter by the name of  Karen Delise wrote them a letter ticking them off.  They simply published the letter.  In no way was she ever taken seriously and she only further damages the cause with her false claims. Karen is the one guilty of fabricating stories, she has been caught out several times lying about interviews she never did, she deliberately changes reported breed type cited in stories to vilify non-pitbull breeds and she claims that surgeons are lying about the severity of bites and hospital admissions and she openly admits that she has no problem blaming the victim, which she does in almost 100% of Pitbull attack cases.  Karen is an unashamed and well renowned Pitbull Nutter whose agenda she doesn't even try and hide.  Her agenda is to promote the Pitbull Breed no matter how many innocent children have to be maimed, mauled and killed as a result, hardly a beacon of righteousness or moral goodness.  

Anybody who makes a good living from Pitbulls, as Karen does, is hardly considered a trusted source for unbiased information.  You have to wonder about the credibility of people who claim it is wrong to vilify a breed of dog, but then go onto vilify dozens of non-pitbull breeds (as Karen regularly does).  I think what she means to say, is that it is wrong to vilify the Pitbull, but slandering any other breed is perfectly acceptable.  Karen regularly says it is inappropriate to use media reports to verify breed in dog attack incidents, but then does just that when trying to prove other breeds of dog are just as bad as Pitbulls.  Apparently, the Authorities can only correctly identify the breed of dog when it is not a Pitbull, this is what she believes.  Karen is the closest thing to a crazy person you ill ever encounter.

V

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2013, 12:39:09 AM »
Yeah, rebutted.  Do you even know what that means, it means a renowned crazy Pitbull Nutter by the name of  Karen Delise wrote them a letter ticking them off.  They simply published the letter.  In no way was she ever taken seriously and she only further damages the cause with her false claims. Karen is the one guilty of fabricating stories, she has been caught out several times lying about interviews she never did, she deliberately changes reported breed type cited in stories to vilify non-pitbull breedsm she claims that surgeons are lying about the severity of bites and hospital admissions and she openly admits that she has no problem blaming the victim, which she does in almost 100% of Pitbull attack cases.  Karen is an unashamed and well renowned Pitbull Nutter whose agenda she doesn't even try and hide.  Her agenda is to promote the Pitbull Breed no matter how many innocent children have to be maimed, mauled and killed as a result, hardly a beacon of righteousness or moral goodness.  

Anybody who makes a good living from Pitbulls, as Karen does, is hardly considered a trusted source for unbiased information.  You have to wonder about the credibility of people who claim it is wrong to vilify a breed of dog, but then go onto vilify dozens of non-pitbull breeds (as Karen regularly does).  I think what she means to say, is that it is wrong to vilify the Pitbull, but slandering any other breed is perfectly acceptable.  Karen regularly says it is inappropriate to use media reports to verify breed in dog attack incidents, but then does just that when trying to prove other breeds of dog are just as bad as Pitbulls.  Apparently, the Authorities can only correctly identify the breed of dog when it is not a Pitbull, this is what she believes.  Karen is the closest thing to a crazy person you ill ever encounter..

Ad hominem, meet Ad hominem, Straw man argument, and ad hominem.

Is this how Karen Delise writes her books (Free download here):

http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/uploaded_files/publications/230603563_Pit%20Bull%20Placebo.pdf

or articulates her position in peer reviewed journals?  By attacking the other party of the argument?

Thankfully, no.   

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2013, 12:43:07 AM »
Ad hominem, meet Ad hominem, Straw man argument, and ad hominem.

Is this how Karen Delise writes her books (Free download here):

http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/uploaded_files/publications/230603563_Pit%20Bull%20Placebo.pdf

or articulates her position in peer reviewed journals?  By attacking the other party of the argument?

Thankfully, no.  
Although I disklike Karen Delise, my argument is not ad hominem, her arguments have been challenged before and she has been discredited and considered a biased source of Information with a definitive agenda.

Karen actually wrote a book called   “Fatal Dog Attacks”.

She falsely claimed that she collected official reports on Dog Bite Related Fatalties cases. She simply failed to reproduce any of this alleged data in the book – just her alleged conclusions after having collected this data. IF she had the data – why not publish it? Wouldn’t any objective reviewer expect to see a table of the information, such as a listing of the actual number of fatal attacks, the locations (states/counties/cities), the type of dog involved (reported/revised), age of victim, or the cause of death/nature of injury, etc. Some of the attack stories she claimed happened, were unable to be sourced when they were independently investigated.  She simply made them up.  Ms. Delise’s book appears to be nothing more than a series of subjective conclusions that are impossible to verify in any manner—either through the data allegedly collected, or any objective methodology of logically analysis.

An attorney in Denver caught her out after she claimed to have had requested and obtained copies of reports involving each and every fatal or serious mauling in the 1980’s, this was a a lie. This particular attorney had the only available copies of reports involving a highly reported fatal pit bull attack upon a 3-year old child in Denver in 1986.   Ms. Delise – whom is not a credible expert on this topic, but in fact, is a self-serving author who may have falsified her research and who apparently has no proof of the creditability, reliability, or accuracy of her conclusions. The financial source for her hypothesized self-publication could be hidden for a multitude of reasons, including that her financial supporter(s) may have their own hidden political agenda. (it is widely believed that that anti-BSL protesters were being funded by dog-fighting rings.)

This particular attorney concluded that: As a direct result of this apparent knowing or intentional misrepresentation, if not constituting direct fraud, Ms. Delise’s credibility in regards to her alleged work and her conclusions in her books is subject to severe, if not complete, impeachment, otherwise known as “complete discreditation”. Ms. Delise’s book appears to be nothing more than a series of subjective conclusions that are impossible to verify in any manner—either through the data allegedly collected, or any objective methodology of logically analysis.  The book simply appears to be a piece of propaganda with a clear political agenda to assist anti-BSL groups by printing all of their subjective opinions and wrap it in a cloak of self-serving objective authority through an unverifiable claim that the author “reviewed” all this data, when I have personal knowledge that she has not reviewed the data of two very high profile fatal maulings in the 1980’s that directly led to one of the most controversial Pit Bull bans in the United States.

Therefore, Ms. Delise’s work is not only highly suspect, but may be considered as being without any credibility, without any academic integrity whatsoever, that the totality of circumstances could justify the fully informed reader to reach the exact opposite conclusions of Ms. Delise, because it may appear to that reader that she is a fraud.

V

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »
Ekul i read somewhere that you had a seroius incident with pitbulls but not what happened.can you link or write it here?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2013, 12:57:06 AM »
Ekul i read somewhere that you had a seroius incident with pitbulls but not what happened.can you link or write it here?
No, I don't expose my story to Pitbull Advocates, suffice to say, my left leg and arm were badly mauled, tendons severed and I was left unable to walk for a long time. My left leg is now maimed.
V

illwill

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2013, 01:07:32 AM »
Although I disklike Karen Delise, my argument is not ad hominem, her arguments have been challenged before and she has been discredited and considered a biased source of Information with a definitive agenda.

Karen actually wrote a book called "A Critical Analysis of Karen Delise’s Book “Fatal Dog Attacks”.

She falsely claimed that she collected official reports on Dog Bite Related Fatalties cases. She simply failed to reproduce any of this alleged data in the book – just her alleged conclusions after having collected this data. IF she had the data – why not publish it? Wouldn’t any objective reviewer expect to see a table of the information, such as a listing of the actual number of fatal attacks, the locations (states/counties/cities), the type of dog involved (reported/revised), age of victim, or the cause of death/nature of injury, etc. Some of the attack stories she claimed happened, were unable to be sourced when they were independently investigated.  She simply made them up.  Ms. Delise’s book appears to be nothing more than a series of subjective conclusions that are impossible to verify in any manner—either through the data allegedly collected, or any objective methodology of logically analysis.

An attorney in Denver caught her out after she claimed to have had requested and obtained copies of reports involving each and every fatal or serious mauling in the 1980’s, this was a a lie. This particular attorney had the only available copies of reports involving a highly reported fatal pit bull attack upon a 3-year old child in Denver in 1986.   Ms. Delise – whom is not a credible expert on this topic, but in fact, is a self-serving author who may have falsified her research and who apparently has no proof of the creditability, reliability, or accuracy of her conclusions. The financial source for her hypothesized self-publication could be hidden for a multitude of reasons, including that her financial supporter(s) may have their own hidden political agenda. (it is widely believed that that anti-BSL protesters were being funded by dog-fighting rings.)

This particular attorney concluded that: As a direct result of this apparent knowing or intentional misrepresentation, if not constituting direct fraud, Ms. Delise’s credibility in regards to her alleged work and her conclusions in her books is subject to severe, if not complete, impeachment, otherwise known as “complete discreditation”. Ms. Delise’s book appears to be nothing more than a series of subjective conclusions that are impossible to verify in any manner—either through the data allegedly collected, or any objective methodology of logically analysis.  The book simply appears to be a piece of propaganda with a clear political agenda to assist anti-BSL groups by printing all of their subjective opinions and wrap it in a cloak of self-serving objective authority through an unverifiable claim that the author “reviewed” all this data, when I have personal knowledge that she has not reviewed the data of two very high profile fatal maulings in the 1980’s that directly led to one of the most controversial Pit Bull bans in the United States.

Therefore, Ms. Delise’s work is not only highly suspect, but may be considered as being without any credibility, without any academic integrity whatsoever, that the totality of circumstances could justify the fully informed reader to reach the exact opposite conclusions of Ms. Delise, because it may appear to that reader that she is a fraud.

E-kul,

Have you read Ms. Delise's response letter to the non-animal expert surgeons in question?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2013, 01:09:44 AM »
No, I don't expose my story to Pitbull Advocates, suffice to say, my left leg and arm were badly mauled, tendons severed and I was left unable to walk for a long time. My left leg is now maimed.
shit ..sorry to hear that

illwill

• Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2013, 01:16:17 AM »
E-kul, you say:

Karen actually wrote a book called "A Critical Analysis of Karen Delise’s Book “Fatal Dog Attacks”.

So is it your position that she wrote a book that critically analyzed her own book, "Fatal Dog Attacks"? (ISBN #0972191402)

What is the ISBN # of this book you mention where she critically anaylzed her own book?

illwill

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2013, 01:33:29 AM »

Ekul, bear with me. Please allow me to get this straight. 

You say that Ms. Delise stated (source?) that she "had requested and obtained copies of reports involving each and every fatal or serious mauling in the 1980's" and because she perhaps didn't KNOW OF, or perhaps overlooked ONE out of many, many dog mauling's over the course of 10 years we must now consider her a liar?  Then what does that make the surgeons of the study you often quote?  But their study where they quote "youtube.com comments" as truth is gospel?  Hypocrisy much?

You say:

Ms. Delise – whom is not a credible expert on this topic, but in fact, is a self-serving author who may have falsified her research and who apparently has no proof of the creditability, reliability, or accuracy of her conclusions.

Please elucidate how SHE is not a "credible expert on the topic" but the original "surgeons" of the Texas study are?

I can't help but to see many contradictory and hypocritical tendencies on your part.  Pardon the pun, but I don't have a dog in this fight and am only trying to incorporate some fairness on the matter.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2013, 02:06:23 AM »
Ekul, bear with me. Please allow me to get this straight.  

You say that Ms. Delise stated (source?) that she "had requested and obtained copies of reports involving each and every fatal or serious mauling in the 1980's" and because she perhaps didn't KNOW OF, or perhaps overlooked ONE out of many, many dog mauling's over the course of 10 years we must now consider her a liar?  

Yes, because it is disingenuous, it is not a small LIE, she is suggesting that she has been thorough, comprehensive, if she has indeed been caught in a lie, one can then only suppose how many other incidents she has missed (and perhaps deliberately so)

Then what does that make the surgeons of the study you often quote?  But their study where they quote "youtube.com comments" as truth is gospel?  Hypocrisy much?
Please highlight where in the study they use YOUTUBE comments as TRUTH?

You say:

Please elucidate how SHE is not a "credible expert on the topic" but the original "surgeons" of the Texas study are?

I can't help but to see many contradictory and hypocritical tendencies on your part.  Pardon the pun, but I don't have a dog in this fight and am only trying to incorporate some fairness on the matter.

Are you serious, you are asking how is a non medically trained person not qualified to analyse Dog Bite Injuries?  The question doesn't even warrant an answer.  Let me ask you, do you take the word of say a group like NAMBLA ( North American Man/Boy Love Association) when they say molesting a child doesn't harm the child?  The study is on dog bite related fatalities and serious injuries, do you seriously think a Pitbull Nutter could be an expert on such things when they have zero experience with treating these Injuries?  Who do you think is an expert in such matters? The question beggars disbelief.  As for the breed of dog, The surgeons merely go on what they are told by the Authorities, all dog bite related fatalities or attacks that result in hospitalisation, the Authorities are involved and the breed identified.  People like Karen get upset that these Authorities label a dog a Pitbull.  Because in her Nutter world, breed identification is impossible, except of course she is doing the identifying.  

There are over 400 breeds of dog available to the Public, so far this year in America, Pitbulls have killed 9 people, mostly children. No other breed of dog has been involved in a DBRF this year. Do you find that contradictory and hypocritical? How do you account for that?

V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2013, 02:10:28 AM »
E-kul, you say:

So is it your position that she wrote a book that critically analyzed her own book, "Fatal Dog Attacks"? (ISBN #0972191402)

What is the ISBN # of this book you mention where she critically anaylzed her own book?

My Mistake "Fatal Dog Attacks" by Karen Delise
V

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2013, 06:38:41 AM »
Pitbulls never harm humans if not abused or neglected IMO. I've had 6 and they all loved children and would give their lives to protect a woman or child with no hesitation

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2013, 06:42:06 AM »
A big problem is Muslim gangsters in cities where they have "Islamic laws" preventing dogs to stay inside houses or treated as man's best friend, leading to neglect ??? and/or abuse. I saw my neighbor doing this, actually chaining a huge dumbell to a puppy's neck to "make him tougher" and said he mixes gunpowder in his food (WTF?!??!?)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2013, 07:23:22 AM »
When you look at areas that have adopted to phase out the "pitbull", what you find is that dog bite occurance statistics pretty much generally stayed the same. I think the pitbulls odds of attacking are directly related to how strong it's prey drive has stayed in tact during breeding and the kind of upbringing it had. The better its schooling, the less chance it has of being part of another statisitc. It's really pretty simple but when it comes to it, I know first hand MOST owners of any breed do not do what is neccessary to raise a well rounded, healthy dog.

I don't doubt Ekul had a shitty experience and you cant really blame the guy for being pyschologically damaged due to his run in. I can understand his bitterness for having to endure the physical tramua. Most anyone that would have had that kind of experience would have negative opinions about the breed that attacked them. I know that even after owning an Amstaff myself, I am very weary of free roaming dogs of the same type. Its a fact that they are powerfull, tenancious animals and they can and do cause severe damage to individuals when they attack. Owners that can't be honest about that much are not respecting the breed and in turn are usually the same type of individuals that find their dogs in trouble, often helping to place the typical stereotype on the dog.

The dog should be muzzled in public and securely restrained. Private property shouldnt have a way for dogs to escape. People that can not physically control their dogs should not own them and I think there needs to be strictly enforced heavy jail time or fines. No slaps on the wrist for people who cant follow simply placed guidlines. I would perfer that over having the dog complelty getting wiped out because some jerkoffs can't or won't follow certain procedures that ensure the upmost care for the breed and the public. Overall, there needs to be a new mental awkening where owners don't allow the breed to be characterised as a ghetto thug type of pet.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2013, 07:39:52 AM »
Ekulo being raped with more facts in this thread.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illwill

• Getbig III
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2013, 08:11:22 AM »
My Mistake "Fatal Dog Attacks" by Karen Delise

You sir made an honest mistake here, correct?  How rational would it now for me to brand you a liar? But it is appropriate for you to call Ms. Delise a liar after making HER one mistake?   (And I'm only agreeing that she did make this mistake you say she did for sake of argument.)

You say:

Yes, because it is disingenuous, it is not a small LIE, she is suggesting that she has been thorough, comprehensive, if she has indeed been caught in a lie, one can then only suppose how many other incidents she has missed (and perhaps deliberately so)How rational would it now be of me to

By your own methods, I could have determined that you LIED in stating she wrote a "book" that critically analyzed her OWN book and therefore YOU are "disingenuous" and state that "one can then only suppose how many other incidents you had missed" etc etc.. 

No, I did not use your methods and rationally so, merely deemed that you just made an honest mistake. 

This is madness sir.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2013, 09:29:56 AM »
You sir made an honest mistake here, correct?  How rational would it now for me to brand you a liar? But it is appropriate for you to call Ms. Delise a liar after making HER one mistake?   (And I'm only agreeing that she did make this mistake you say she did for sake of argument.)

You say:

By your own methods, I could have determined that you LIED in stating she wrote a "book" that critically analyzed her OWN book and therefore YOU are "disingenuous" and state that "one can then only suppose how many other incidents you had missed" etc etc..  

No, I did not use your methods and rationally so, merely deemed that you just made an honest mistake.  

This is madness sir.
Your grasping at straws, trying to compare a typo to someone making a false claim.  And arguing that Pitbulls are not dangerous is just disingenuous.   They are so well known as a violent breed that their dangerousness has become part of the venacular.  How often do you hear someone express "I'm just like a Pitbull, when I get a hold of something, I never let go".  Their are countless ways that are regularly used when comparing a Pitbulls game nature in everyday conversation.  Another example are the dog tattoos of choice, the Pitbull, designed to represent, power, ferocity, violence and intimidation.  I find arguing if Pitbulls are dangerous or not comparable to arguing with an idiot if ice is cold.  

It actually makes me sick in the stomach in the same way as if I were arguing with a member of North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) if molesting boys was wrong.  These fruitcakes actually think Molesting children isn't harmful and in some cases good for the boy.  How fucked up is that? And you can't really win an argument with a man who wants to fuck boys, his obsession with boys is too great.  And you can't really win an argument with someone who is obsessed by fighting breeds of dog like pitbulls.  Their obsession is simply too great.(And it is an obsession)  I don't do it to win the argument, their is nothing to win, I just do it to counter the Pitbull propaganda out there, it is everywhere.  I mean people are actually regularly being maimed, mauled and killed.  it's not like this isn't happening, people are dying.  And for what, the fulfilment of a sick minorities fetish with owning pitbulls.
V

illwill

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2013, 10:11:35 AM »
Your grasping at straws, trying to compare a typo to someone making a false claim.  And arguing that Pitbulls are not dangerous is just disingenuous.   They are so well known as a violent breed that their dangerousness has become part of the venacular.  How often do you hear someone express "I'm just like a Pitbull, when I get a hold of something, I never let go".  Their are countless ways that are regularly used when comparing a Pitbulls game nature in everyday conversation.  Another example are the dog tattoos of choice, the Pitbull, designed to represent, power, ferocity, violence and intimidation.  I find arguing if Pitbulls are dangerous or not comparable to arguing with an idiot if ice is cold.  

It actually makes me sick in the stomach in the same way as if I were arguing with a member of North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) if molesting boys was wrong.  These fruitcakes actually think Molesting children isn't harmful and in some cases good for the boy.  How fucked up is that? And you can't really win an argument with a man who wants to fuck boys, his obsession with boys is too great.  And you can't really win an argument with someone who is obsessed by fighting breeds of dog like pitbulls.  Their obsession is simply to great.  I don't do it to win the argument, their is nothing to win, I just do it to counter the Pitbull propaganda out there, it is everywhere.  I mean people are actually regularly being maimed, mauled and killed.  it's not like this isn't happening, people are dying.  And for what, the fulfilment of a sick minorities fetish with pitbulls.

Perhaps what you should do, rather than rambling as you do, is take Ms. Delise's rebuttal and break it down piece by piece.  Or maybe you've never read it? 

Then perhaps you should take her two published books and provide us with her lies and then provide us with the truth via links and studies.

http://www.amazon.com/Fatal-Dog-Attacks-Stories-Statistics/dp/0972191402/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1365957685&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Pit-Bull-Placebo-Politics-Aggression/dp/0972191410/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1365957685&sr=1-1

here's a FREE version for you and anyone else to read:

All you have done thus far in this thread is ramble rather than laying out facts with cited sources. 

You mention ONE study where the authors report that the dogs implicated in 87% of THEIR cases (of 199 dogs) were not "pit bull" dogs or lacked a breed label at all.  The authors go on to state, "We should state that our study is limited by the retrospective nature and the limited number of cases in which the breed of dog responsible for the attack could be determined.  This lack of information may compromise the validity of our results implicating the pit bull as a major culprit in severe dog bites admitted to our trauma center."

To be fair and impartial, us citizens need facts backed up with links and cited sources not ramblings about NAMBLA and little boy butt sex.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2013, 10:13:50 AM »
A big problem is Muslim gangsters in cities where they have "Islamic laws" preventing dogs to stay inside houses or treated as man's best friend, leading to neglect ??? and/or abuse. I saw my neighbor doing this, actually chaining a huge dumbell to a puppy's neck to "make him tougher" and said he mixes gunpowder in his food (WTF?!??!?)
He must have heard Notorious B.I.G.'s song "Warning"

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2013, 11:32:33 AM »

Perhaps what you should do, rather than rambling as you do, is take Ms. Delise's rebuttal and break it down piece by piece.  Or maybe you've never read it?  

Then perhaps you should take her two published books and provide us with her lies and then provide us with the truth via links and studies.

http://www.amazon.com/Fatal-Dog-Attacks-Stories-Statistics/dp/0972191402/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1365957685&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Pit-Bull-Placebo-Politics-Aggression/dp/0972191410/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1365957685&sr=1-1

here's a FREE version for you and anyone else to read:

All you have done thus far in this thread is ramble rather than laying out facts with cited sources.  

You mention ONE study where the authors report that the dogs implicated in 87% of THEIR cases (of 199 dogs) were not "pit bull" dogs or lacked a breed label at all.  The authors go on to state, "We should state that our study is limited by the retrospective nature and the limited number of cases in which the breed of dog responsible for the attack could be determined.  This lack of information may compromise the validity of our results implicating the pit bull as a major culprit in severe dog bites admitted to our trauma center."

To be fair and impartial, us citizens need facts backed up with links and cited sources not ramblings about NAMBLA and little boy butt sex.

Karen Delise is a well known Nutter, she is considered a fraud and a hypocrite.  You can visit this link here to find evidence of her frauudelent ways: http://thetruthaboutpitbulls.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/scapegoats-part-1-bloodhound.html.  I will also post a letter below from Senior Assistant City Attorney who read her book and penned a letter stating what he thought of it.

And as for your other question.  The study merely points out that when conducting studies such as they have done, their are variables that can't be accounted for, in this case there is a small percentage of attacks whereby the breed can't be verified.  They didn't say this could invalidate the study, only compromise it.  It is just as likely with a complete picture of the dog breeds implicated it could further incriminate Pitbulls.  This issue was also dealt with during the deposition of Dr Alan Beck, who explained quite precisely how during these studies their has to be a certain percentage of data for a study to be considered representative, as it is almost always impossible to get complete data.  Both the CDC study and the Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs 2011 study had enough data to be considered representative.

Like I said, arguing if Pitbulls are dangerous is disingenuous, it truly is like arguing with an idiot if ice is cold.  It is just a tactic used by Pitbull Nutters to prevent rational discussion on what should be done about the epidemic of serious dog attacks. mainly because a solution could be serious restrictions or even breed bans. An option that frightens the average Pitbull addict.  Imagine taking away a drug addicts stash and their reaction and you have a visual for the way Pitbull nutters react to potential solutions to the issue.  I am well beyond arguing if pit-bulls are dangerous, my concern is "What to do about it".  Unfortunately the solution offered up by Nutters, which is to do nothing will never be acceptable to a decent citizen. You seem to want information, so I provided you with some links.  Enjoy.

To be fair, I have dealt with pitbull Nutters on a daily basis for years now, I know your shtick and it isn't to view the problem impartially, your agenda is to promote the right to own fighting breeds of dog.  The main difference between you and I, one child being mauled to death is one child too many, as i have no interest in Pitbulls and they aren't a human need requirement, it wouldn't matter to me to see them criminalised.  But for you, their isn't a limit to the amount of deaths caused by Pitbulls that would be a problem for you.  Because, essentially, the question is, How many Pitbull fatalities is enough before Dog owners will make a relatively modest change in behavior? Unfortunately for the rest of us, a Pitbull Nutter doesn't have a limit to the amount of carnage Pitbulls inflict, like a drug, they just have to have one and they don't care if it will potentially kill them or someone else.  Such is the nature of addiction!

You can read Dr Alan Becks deposition here: http://legal.pblnn.com/images/Denverpleadings/alanbeckdepo.pdf

You can read the study Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs 2011 here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_TQhn0TrPSba3p4NW5CT09ZX0E/edit?usp=sharing

You can download the Interview with Gary Wilkes an experienced pitbull Trainer here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_TQhn0TrPSbdzhIVTdwUVFkUFk/edit?usp=sharing

You can read the study "Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998" here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_TQhn0TrPSbU1JHWGZPWHZ3a0E/edit?usp=sharing

You can read Adam Greenbaum, Pkastic Surgeon Interview in relation to Pitbull Injuries here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_TQhn0TrPSbMUR0YzZvbHFnNWc/edit?usp=sharing

You can read the study "Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada September 1982 to December 26, 2011" here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_TQhn0TrPSbRDFTTmtyWEFiWTQ/edit?usp=sharing

You can read the study "Aggressive Behavior in Adopted Dogs (Canis Familiaris) that Passed a Temperament Test" here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_TQhn0TrPSbNnpieXl4Qmotd1E/edit?usp=sharing

Letter from Senior Assistant City Attorney who read Karen Delise's book "Fatal Dog Attacks". He wrote this letter stating what he thought of it.

I have read Karen Delise's entire book.(Fatal Dog Attacks)  I challenge her entire book as being a false work for several reasons:

1) Qualifications. Karen Delise is a licensed Veterinary Technician with a degree in
Veterinary Science Technology. She offers no basis for her opinions to be of any consequence to anyone; she simply lacks any credibility based upon her education or training in her occupational field.

2)     Data collection.  I don’t believe she actually collected the official reports on these cases as she claims for several reasons.
a)     First, she fails to reproduce any of this alleged data in the book – just her alleged conclusions after having collected this data. IF she had the data – why not publish it? Wouldn’t any objective reviewer expect to see a table of the information, such as a listing of the actual number of fatal attacks, the locations (states/counties/cities), the type of dog involved (reported/revised), age of victim, or the cause of death/nature of injury, etc.
b)     Second, such a task would not be easy; I have made some attempts and found it very difficult to track such reports down.
c)     Fourth, and most damning -- if she actually claims to have requested and obtained copies of reports involving each and every fatal or serious maulings in the 1980’s, this would be a lie. I have the only available copies of reports involving a highly reported fatal pit bull attack upon a 3-year old child in Denver in 1986. As Ms. Delise never contacted my office, never obtained copies of these reports, I challenge her claims of researching these cases.  She provides no information within her book to even suggest that she had conducted any individual case review.

Conclusion: As a direct result of this apparent knowing or intentional misrepresentation, if not constituting direct fraud, Ms. Delise’s credibility in regards to her alleged work and her conclusions in her books is subject to severe, if not complete, impeachment, otherwise known as “complete discreditation”.

3) Unreliable Publisher. The publisher of Ms. Delise’s books is “Anubis Publishing”, which is an enigma, as it can’t be located. But now there is little doubt that her book has not been “published” by any entity with a history of ethical responsibility in fact checking or editing of substantive claims.

4) Ms. Delise – whom, as explained above, is not a credible expert on this topic, but in fact, is a self-serving author who may have falsified her research and who apparently has no proof of the creditability, reliability, or accuracy of her conclusions. The financial source for her hypothesized self-publication could be hidden for a multitude of reasons, including that her financial supporter(s) may have their own hidden political agenda.

Conclusion: Ms. Delise’s book appears to be nothing more than a series of subjective conclusions that are impossible to verify in any manner—either through the data allegedly collected, or any objective methodology of logically analysis.

The book simply appears to be a piece of propaganda with a clear political agenda to assist anti-BSL groups by printing all of their subjective opinions and wrap it in a cloak of self-serving objective authority through an unverifiable claim that the author “reviewed” all this data, when I have personal knowledge that she has not reviewed the data of two very high profile fatal maulings in the 1980’s that directly led to one of the most controversial Pit Bull bans in the United States.

Therefore, Ms. Delise’s work is not only highly suspect, but may be considered as being without any credibility, without any academic integrity whatsoever, that the totality of circumstances could justify the fully informed reader to reach the exact opposite conclusions of Ms. Delise, because it may appear to that reader that she is a fraud. -- Kory Nelson - Senior Assistant City Attorney in the Prosecution Section for the City & County of Denver, Colorado.
V

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »
The problem with mentally deranged people like E-kul is that they never bother to properly reevaualte their own opinion or consider other peoples, especially ones with conflicting points of view into account. Every time E-kul is challenged on some matter he just makes a point to copy paste more drivel he found on the web in an attempt to continuously hammer his point of view onto anyone who opposes him.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
The problem with mentally deranged people like E-kul is that they never bother to properly reevaualte their own opinion or consider other peoples, especially ones with conflicting points of view into account. Every time E-kul is challenged on some matter he just makes a point to copy paste more drivel he found on the web in an attempt to continuously hammer his point of view onto anyone who opposes him.
What a hypocrite, you don't even read what I post.  hardly makes you qualified to comment on it.  And how is people regularly being maimed, mauled and killed by Pitbulls my point of view.  These are simple facts.  What you mean is, I should re-evaluate my opinion more towards yours, because you like your opinion, you don't even care if the facts validate it, it suits your needs and desires and that's all that matters.  If you wish to give me an argument to help me re-evaluate my opinion more towards yours, please feel free.  I suspect it will be in the realm of "i fucken luv Pitbulls, they're a grate dog ya know, a NANNY DOG in fact.  I fuckin love em.  They're tough eh.  I fucken love my Pitbull and anyone who disagrees is a fucking idiot anyways.  Fuck dose haters.  It's how ya raise em anyway, it doesn't matter that for over a century they have been bred to be game and fight to death in the pits, a little bit of luvin is all they need".  feel free to prove me wrong and offer up even a modicum of an argument.  

And suggesting that I don't take other people point of view into account is bullshit.  It's just that I find their point of view false, offensive, dangerous, biased and self serving,.   Their points of view lacks any community minded spirit, it is narcissistic and often it is laced with threats, aggression and violence. I have studied the issue relentlessly for years, and once you wade through all the propaganda and lies, the argument of the Pitbull Nutter is "We want a fucking pitbull, and anyone who doesn't like it can go fuck themselves."  Hardly an opinion that one should consider. 

Please tell me, do you take the following point of view seriously, put forward by  North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA), the pedophile and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States that works to abolish age of consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors.  They want to fuck boys legally and they even have studies to verify their claims that it is all good and no-one gets harmed.  Or do you simply dismiss them for the freaks they are. 

I see Pitbull Advocates the same way, self seeking weirdos who put their own interest above children's and societies.
V