Author Topic: Strength without muscle  (Read 3634 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Strength without muscle
« on: December 17, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »
Just saw some guy load the bar with 60kg and do 12 ultra strict curls!Yet he had max 16 inch arms, no real shape and looks weak! How?!?!?!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Strength without muscle
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
Tendons, sinews...

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 04:21:44 PM »
Neural adaptation

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »
maybe the guys an asshole?
A

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »
maybe the guys an asshole?

This. Guy sounds like he's a total ass. Fuck him.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »
A phenomenon also known as Retard-Strength

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »
Just saw some guy load the bar with 60kg and do 12 ultra strict curls!Yet he had max 16 inch arms, no real shape and looks weak! How?!?!?!

Darren, do the cool guys at the gym ever offer to let you hang out with them if you suck their dicks?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »
I seen guys like that. Like someone said retard strength.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 08:37:08 PM »

My kid just put up a 325lb box squat (14") at a bw of 143lbs tonight. He's all of 15. If you train for strength, you're going to obtain it.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 08:44:56 PM »
Little lifters, big lifts -

[ Invalid YouTube link ].

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 09:03:09 PM »

I train in the morning with an American man (ex powerlifter), guy is 65 years old, he can still bench press 155 kilos (341lbs) for 1 strict rep, also deadlift 230 kilos (500lbs) for 1 rep, to look at him you would think how on earth could he press that much weight at his age, another guy in the gym Thai bodybuilder half his age, big guy, juiced to the gills, struggles with 100kg, strength has zero to do with muscles.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »
I think there's another side to this as well. The average 16" arm (when it comes to tendons, proportions etc), if it's all muscle, no fat no water at all, can surprise most with its strength because we aren't used to seeing that kind of condition.

But this doesn't apply if the guy talked about was skinny fat.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 11:51:45 PM »

Not bad. If he had short arms, that could explain it? More leverage.

NN

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 12:02:51 AM »
If you aren't going to take over the world in bodybuilding, you should consider lifting for strength.  

Suddenly, overnight, you'll become a sportsman.

It's a different feeling to training for sleeveless weather and the rabbit hole of strength goes very very far down for most people.

I respect bbers that are both strong and large, but the phaggotz who are as weak as hell but still believe they are alpha males.. hah, I do very much enjoy anybody who lifts for strength being a reality check for those douchebags.  You can tell these specimens because their swagger dissolves in the first three steps in a good gym and only recovers when they are far enough from it, to think that maybe, just maybe, these people in the gym don't really exist  ;D

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 12:20:16 AM »
Lot of naive weaklings in this thread.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 12:47:57 AM »
12x60kg including the bar? hardly an insane feat of strength unless the guy looked around 9stone

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 01:53:19 AM »
12x60kg including the bar? hardly an insane feat of strength unless the guy looked around 9stone

You can curl 12 strict reps with that can you?!  ::)

ukjeff

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 01:56:49 AM »

Check out the guy at 57 secs

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 05:20:54 AM »
If you aren't going to take over the world in bodybuilding, you should consider lifting for strength.  

Suddenly, overnight, you'll become a sportsman.

It's a different feeling to training for sleeveless weather and the rabbit hole of strength goes very very far down for most people.

I respect bbers that are both strong and large, but the phaggotz who are as weak as hell but still believe they are alpha males.. hah, I do very much enjoy anybody who lifts for strength being a reality check for those douchebags.  You can tell these specimens because their swagger dissolves in the first three steps in a good gym and only recovers when they are far enough from it, to think that maybe, just maybe, these people in the gym don't really exist  ;D

The way I see it is most Bodybuilders wont do free weight squats and Deadlifts, this in my opinion is the meat and potatoes of strength training, that along with bench press and barbell clean and press, not trying to generalize, maybe in the states they do these compound lifts but here in Thailand they ll run a mile from a squat rack, you cant expect to get strong doing dumbell kickbacks and leg extentions, not quite the same as moving a 400-500 lbs deadlift but each to their own, if they re happy good for them, I respect the discipline involved with dieting that a bodybuilder has to go through.