Author Topic: Things to do while crawling out of the gutter.  (Read 780 times)

MikMaq

Things to do while crawling out of the gutter.
« on: December 17, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »
Alright haven`t done fuck all in over a month. So I`m starting to feel the need to start doing shit again. I`ve pretty much been a shut in since may.

So what does one do when trying to get their life back on track.

Seriously all those that have gone months out of work, gotten off drugs, divorced, or in wiggs case all three, what did you do.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Things to do while crawling out of the gutter.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:42:41 PM »
why are you striving for loser status
A

MikMaq

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:45 PM »
why are you striving for loser status
Did I have at some point cool status, I think not, I don`t care about that shit one way or the other. Simply seeking advice.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 08:54:09 PM »
Alright haven`t done fuck all in over a month. So I`m starting to feel the need to start doing shit again. I`ve pretty much been a shut in since may.

Seriously all those that have gone months out of work, gotten off drugs, divorced, or in wiggs case all three, what did you do.

Are you the guy that used to post as "Slacker"?

He was a Newfie and blissfully retarded too.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:58:08 PM »
Grandpa had what you call nowadays, a "hidden talent".

Grandpa had learned to whistle while in basic as part of his training for being in the Signal Corp in preparation for Guadalcanal. The whistle that he specialized in, a vibrato which changed registers, was used when his company was using communication radio.

You see, when he pitched the vibrato, it created an interference that enemy signals could not descramble and that made any communication top secret and free from any eavesdropping.

Anyways, after the war, he was invited to perform on a local radio station, KFBR, because Roger the Broadcaster, a graduate of Notre Dame, was also a war veteran who lost his right forearm in Normandy.  Not by gunfire or anything like that, he was trying to find an edible chocolate cake in a bombed out bakery and crushed his arm in one of those walk in freezers.  They couldn`t get him loose so they decided to just lop off his arm.  He didn`t mind all too much because this meant he could go home and resume the radio business.

So Grandpa performed on KFBR, which was sponsored by Pall Mall cigarettes, and afterwards Roger asked Grandpa where did he learn to whistle like that.  Grandpa told him that the only place to learn was in the shower because the acoustics produced perfect pitch and harmony, two things that were important to whistling. Roger pointed to a white door at the back of the studio and said there was a shower.

Three months later, Roger won the Eastern Regional Whistling Championships, sponsored by Pall Mall Cigarettes, and sent Grandpa a coupon for the Brown Derby, compliments of KFBR.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 09:17:16 PM »

Set short, workable goals for yourself until you're back where you want to be. Start working yourself back into the routine of life, a step at a time.

Once I was clear of the opiates, it took a while for my body to normalize. At 1st I just concentrated on getting to work and getting through the work day.

Then start adding things in as you readjust to the workload, start going to the gym, start eating better, start making sure you get up every day and do SOMETHING, even if you feel like ass. After a while you will feel like normal again.

Excersize is of major importance IMHO in readjusting.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »
Read a book.
G