Author Topic: Democrats' first target - Hi-Cap Mags.  (Read 6234 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Democrats' first target - Hi-Cap Mags.
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2012, 07:21:30 PM »
A society that has the ability to defend itself from fellow citizens and govt.

I think you would agree that those millions of ppl who were killed by blood thirsty rulers who first took away guns sure saw the social benefits to an armed populace.

They won't reply to that, their grasp of history is dim at best.
L

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »
gee it's too bad that asshole didn't have a hundred round magazine

It comes in handy when trying to murder as many people as possible in a short time

So do planes... And big-rigs towing gasoline tankers... And colorful chemicals in a lab...

I could go on.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »

LOL

resorting to name calling

typical  

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »
A society that has the ability to defend itself from fellow citizens and govt.

I think you would agree that those millions of ppl who were killed by blood thirsty rulers who first took away guns sure saw the social benefits to an armed populace.

Also a society that makes it easy to go out and kill a lot of people.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2012, 07:26:47 PM »
So do planes... And big-rigs towing gasoline tankers... And colorful chemicals in a lab...

I could go on.

good point but then let's be realistic for a second

how many of those have been used to commit mass murder this year in this country

how about in the last 6 months?

again, I'm talking about a small step that would simply lower the death count in a situation like AZ and not a comprehensive solution to mentally deranged people who decide they want to kill people

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »
I know there are Aborigines in Australia (not as many as there are Blacks in the United States) and I also know they are a huge Problem-  In 2009 the imprisonment rate for Indigenous people was 14 times higher than that of non-Indigenous people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Australians_and_crime

14 times?

Thats a lot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »
“False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that it has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are of such a nature. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” -- Cesare Beccaria, as quoted by Thomas Jefferson's Commonplace book

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2012, 07:43:56 PM »
good point but then let's be realistic for a second

how many of those have been used to commit mass murder this year in this country

how about in the last 6 months?

again, I'm talking about a small step that would simply lower the death count in a situation like AZ and not a comprehensive solution to mentally deranged people who decide they want to kill people

I don't know that you're talking about a "small step" and even if you are, the question isn't one of size, it's one of sensibility.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2012, 08:00:47 PM »
I don't know that you're talking about a "small step" and even if you are, the question isn't one of size, it's one of sensibility.

the subject of this thread

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2012, 08:40:19 PM »
the subject of this thread

Right. I don't know whether it's a small step, but even if it is, the question should be: is it a sensible first step? I don't think so.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2012, 09:00:35 PM »
I don't know that magazine sizes make much of a difference.

Maybe if the shooter isn't well versed on changing mags.

Other than limiting mag sizes what else should be done?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2012, 04:11:29 AM »
Also a society that makes it easy to go out and kill a lot of people.
Absolutely, you have to take the good with the bad

The difference is that the bad will be there regardless of whether or not guns will be there. These ppl didnt kill others b/c they had guns they simply used guns to commit their crimes.

The crimes would still be committed without guns, the two largest mass murders in US history were committed with fertilizer and box cutters on a plane.

It isnt the guns that are inherintly dangerous its the mindset of these ppl.

Terrorists are still dangerous without guns I think you would agree. Thats why libtard morons arent ranting and raving for gun control in afghanistan as a way to cut down on violence there.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2012, 04:21:38 AM »
I"ve been extensively trained to fire, drop a magazine, reload and continue to hit the target while moving. Anybody can get Magpuls' video's on transition shooting and do the same, dry fire, switch mags etc. I've done on both military and private ranges. If I was going to shoot up a mall, even with 10 rd mags, I'd practice. I'd have 10...10 rnd mags and just do it until I could do it in my sleep.....anybody can do that. The mags make no difference. Incidently alot of us spent a ton of time buying or trying to buy mags today. Everybody is sold out. This sucks. I'm sending my wife out to pick up another AR and rounds. 5.56 has shot up 20 bucks or more if you can find it.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2012, 04:28:23 AM »
I"ve been extensively trained to fire, drop a magazine, reload and continue to hit the target while moving. Anybody can get Magpuls' video's on transition shooting and do the same, dry fire, switch mags etc. I've done on both military and private ranges. If I was going to shoot up a mall, even with 10 rd mags, I'd practice. I'd have 10...10 rnd mags and just do it until I could do it in my sleep.....anybody can do that. The mags make no difference. Incidently alot of us spent a ton of time buying or trying to buy mags today. Everybody is sold out. This sucks. I'm sending my wife out to pick up another AR and rounds. 5.56 has shot up 20 bucks or more if you can find it.
It would serve the mentality of acting simply for the sake of acting though. They dont really care if it makes a difference they just want to try something.

Nobody proposing new gun legislation has told us how any of it would have prevented the tragedies they are using to push them.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2012, 04:31:30 AM »
No...but every batshit  crazy lib will try and get some kind of ban on everything. They have no concept of what type of fire arm is what.
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2012, 05:52:00 AM »
“False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that it has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are of such a nature. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” -- Cesare Beccaria, as quoted by Thomas Jefferson's Commonplace book

Times change we are a different society now.

We dont own slaves anymore or kill american natives.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »
Reported to FBI for political re-education.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2012, 11:05:47 AM »
the fastest reload is a second gun