Author Topic: English Warning "Our Gun Ban caused 40% jump in Gun Crime" DONT GIVE UP YOUR GUN  (Read 18743 times)

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
[size=20pt]Yeah you did.[/size]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

1700s

The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where four Lenape American Indians entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed nine or ten children (reports vary). Only three children survived.[1]
1800s

November 2, 1853: Louisville, Kentucky A student, Matthew Ward, bought a self-cocking pistol in the morning, went to school and killed schoolmaster Mr. Butler for excessively punishing his brother the day before. Even though he shot the schoolmaster point blank in front of his classmates, he was acquitted.[2]

June 8, 1867: New York City At Public School No. 18, a 13 year old boy brought a pistol loaded and capped, without the knowledge of his parents or school-teachers, and shot and injured a classmate.[3]

December 22, 1868: Chattanooga, Tennessee A boy who refused to be whipped and left school, returned, with his brother and a friend, the next day to seek revenge on his teacher. Not finding the teacher at the school, they continued to his house, where a gun battle rang out, leaving three dead. Only the brother survived.[4]

March 9, 1873: Salisbury, Maryland After school as Miss Shockley was walking with four small children, she was approached by a Mr. Hall and shot. The Schoolmaster ran out, but Miss Shockley had died instantly. Hall threw himself under a train that night.[5]

May 24, 1879: Lancaster, New York As the carriage loaded with female students was pulling out of the school's stables, Frank Shugart, a telegraph operator, shot and severely injured Mr. Carr, Superintendent of the stables.[6]

March 6, 1884: Boston, Massachusetts As news of Jesse James reached the east coast, young kids started to act in the same manner. An article from the New York Times reads, Another "Jesse James" Gang - Word was brought to the Fifth Police Station to-night that a number of boys were using the Concord-street School-house for some unknown purpose, and a posse of officers was sent to investigate. The gang scattered at the approach of the police, and in their flight one drew a revolver and fired at Officer Rowan, without effect, however. William Nangle, age 14, and Sidney Duncan, age 12, were captured, but the other five or six escaped, among them the one who did the shooting. The boys refused to disclose the object of their meeting, but it is thought that another "Jesse James" organization has been broken up.[7]

March 15, 1884: Gainesville, Georgia In the middle of the day, a group of very drunk Jackson County farmers left the Jug Tavern drinking and shooting their revolvers as they headed down the street driving people into their homes. As they approached the female academy, the girls fled the schoolyard into the school where the gang followed swearing and shooting, firing several rounds into the front door. No one was hurt.[8]

June 12, 1887: Cleveland, Tennessee Will Guess went to the school and fatally shot Miss Irene Fann, his little sister's teacher, for whipping her the day before.[9]

June 13, 1889: New Brunswick, New Jersey Charles Crawford, upset over an argument with a school Trustee, went up to the window and fired a pistol into a crowded school room. The bullet lodged in the wall just above the teacher's head.[10]

April 9, 1891: The first known mass shooting in the U.S. where students were shot, when 70 year old James Foster fired a shotgun at a group of students in the playground of St. Mary's Parochial School, Newburgh, New York, causing minor injuries to several of the students.[11] The majority of attacks during this time period by students on other students or teachers usually involved stabbing with knives or hitting with stones.

1900–1930s
Question book-new.svg
   This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (August 2012)
Main article: Bath School disaster

There are very seldom reports of mass or multiple school shootings during the first three decades of the 20th Century, with the three most violent attacks on schools involving either arson or explosions.

February 26, 1902: Camargo, Illinois teacher Fletcher R. Barnett shot and killed another teacher, Eva C. Wiseman, in front of her class at a school near Camargo, Illinois. After shooting at a pupil who came to help Miss Wiseman and wounding himself in a failed suicide attempt he waited in the classroom until a group of farmers came to lynch him. He then ran out of the school building, grabbed a shotgun from one of the farmers and shot himself, before running away and leaping into a well where he finally drowned. The incident was likely sparked by Wiseman's refusal to marry Barnett.
    February 24, 1903: Inman, South Carolina Edward Foster, a 17-year-old student at Inman High school, was shot and fatally wounded by his teacher Reuben Pitts after he had jerked a rod from Pitts' hands to resist punishment. According to the teacher, Foster struck the pistol Pitts had drawn to defend himself, thus causing its discharge. Pitts was later acquitted of murder.
    October 10, 1906: Cleveland, Ohio Harry Smith shot and killed 22-year-old teacher Mary Shepard at South Euclid School after she had rejected him. Smith escaped and committed suicide in a barn near his home two hours later.
    March 23, 1907: Carmi, Illinois George Nicholson shot and killed John Kurd at a schoolhouse outside of Carmi, Illinois during a school rehearsal. The motive for the shooting was Kurd making a disparaging remark about Nicholson's daughter during her recital.
    March 11, 1908: Boston, Massachusetts Elizabeth Bailey Hardee was shot to death by Sarah Chamberlain Weed at the Laurens School, a finishing school in Boston. Weed then turned the gun on herself and committed suicide.
    April 15, 1908: Asheville, North Carolina Dr. C. O. Swinney shot and fatally wounded his 16-year-old daughter Nellie in a reception room at Normal and Collegiate Institute. He then committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.
    February 12, 1909: San Francisco, California 10-year-old Dorothy Malakanoff was shot and killed by 49-year-old Demetri Tereaschinko as she arrived at her school in San Francisco. Tereaschinko then shot himself in a failed suicide attempt. Tereaschinko was reportedly upset that Malakanoff refused to elope with him.
    January 10, 1912: Warrenville, Illinois Sylvester E. Adams shot and killed teacher Edith Smith after she rejected his advances. Adams then shot and killed himself. The incident took place in a schoolhouse about a mile outside of Warrenville after the students had been dismissed for the day.
    March 27, 1919: Lodi Township, Michigan 19-year-old teacher Irma Casler was shot and killed in her classroom at Rentschler school in Lodi Township, Michigan by Robert Warner, apparently because she had rejected his advances.
    April 2, 1921: Syracuse, New York Professor Holmes Beckwith shot and killed dean J. Herman Wharton in his office at Syracuse University before committing suicide.
    February 15, 1927: Hempstead, New York James O'Donnell, 18-year-old senior at Hempstead High School, shot himself to death on the stage in the school's auditorium. A suicide note stated that O'Donnell killed himself to lessen the financial burden on his family.
    May 18, 1927: Bath, Michigan School treasurer Andrew Kehoe, after killing his wife and destroying his house and farm, blew up the Bath Consolidated School by detonating dynamite in the basement of the school, killing 38 people, mostly children. He then pulled up to the school in his Ford car, then set off a truck bomb, killing himself and four others. Only one shot was fired in order to detonate dynamite in the car. This was the deadliest act of mass murder at a school in the United States.
    May 22, 1930: Ringe, Minnesota Margaret Wegman, 20-year-old teacher at the local rural school, was shot and killed in the school by 24-year-old Douglas Petersen.
    May 28, 1931: Duluth, Minnesota Katherine McMillen, 24-year-old teacher at the Howard Gensen rural school near Duluth, was accidentally shot and killed by a revolver brought to school by a pupil.
    February 15, 1933: Downey, California Dr. Vernon Blythe shot and killed his wife Eleanor, as well as his 8-year old son Robert at Gallatin grammar school and committed suicide after firing three more shots at his other son Vernon. His wife, who had been a teacher at the school, had filed for divorce the week before.
    September 14, 1934: Gill, Massachusetts. Headmaster Elliott Speer was murdered by a shotgun blast through the window of his study at Northfield Mount Hermon School. The crime was never solved.
    March 27, 1935: Medora, North Dakota Emily Hartl, 24-year-old teacher at the Manlon school northwest of Medora, was shot and killed at the school by 28-year-old Harry McGill, a former suitor.
    December 12, 1935: New York City, New York, Victor Koussow, a Russian laboratory worker at the School of Dental and Oral Surgery, shot Prof. Arthur Taylor Rowe, Prof. Paul B. Wiberg, and wounded Dr. William H. Crawford at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, before committing suicide.
    April 27, 1936: Lincoln, Nebraska, Prof. John Weller shot and wounded Prof. Harry Kurz in a corridor of the University of Nebraska, apparently because of his impending dismissal at the end of the semester. After shooting Kurz Weller tried to escape, but was surrounded by police on the campus, whereupon he killed himself with a shot in the chest.
    June 4, 1936: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Wesley Crow shot and killed his Lehigh University English instructor, C. Wesley Phy. Crow went to Phy's office and demanded that Mr. Phy change his grade to a passing mark. Crow committed suicide after shooting Phy.
    September 24, 1937: Toledo, Ohio 12-year-old Robert Snyder shot and wounded his principal, June Mapes, in her office at Arlington public school when she declined his request to call a classmate. He then fled the school grounds and shot and wounded himself.

And you still think guns should be regulated
p

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
And you still think guns should be regulated
???

dan18

• Getbig V
Its a right moron. 
wrong anal leak not a right if it were you wouldn't need to file paperwork in order to own a gun or carry one concealed or not concealed
p

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.
         ---Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (Philadelphia 1787).

THIS!

The part some of these naive ignoramuses aren't grasping!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
wrong anal leak not a right if it were you wouldn't need to file paperwork in order to own a gun or carry one concealed or not concealed
2nd Amendment dipshit.  Bill of Rights.  Look it up.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

It's in the Bill of RIGHTS.

I take it you're not familiar?  

dan18

• Getbig V
It's in the Bill of RIGHTS.

I take it you're not familiar?  
on paper it sounds good but if you take a look at the facts it really isn't a right
if it was you could walk into any gun store and buy whatever you wanted without a background check.I was a marine and i still had to have a background check in order to buy a hand gun i know people who were denied so how is it really a right. bill of rights or not you can still be turned down ..
p

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
on paper it sounds good but if you take a look at the facts it really isn't a right
if it was you could walk into any gun store and buy whatever you wanted without a background check.I was a marine and i still had to have a background check in order to buy a hand gun i know people who were denied so how is it really a right. bill of rights or not you can still be turned down ..

Freedom of speech is a right, and it has limits as well.  The list goes on...

I can privately buy a gun from anyone, no questions asked... I can carry it openly (where I live) without a permit. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Governor Kasich of Ohio just signed a bill allowing guns to be carried into the parking garage at the State Building (although they still have to remain locked in car).

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
you know its funny how people want to make gun buying laws harder...the shooter kid went to dicks to buy but didnt want to wait for the waiting period, so just stole his moms. the system here WORKED and he wasnt able to buy any guns.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
lot of scared, men in this thread...
mes
choice is an illusion

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
mes

dumb

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Nomad

• Getbig IV
True Adonis laying down the law in this thread. Its truly a beautiful  moment  :'(

Thank you TA.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
True Adonis laying down the law in this thread. Its truly a beautiful  moment  :'(

Thank you TA.

Brings a tear to my eye... Showing a boy like myself how it's done

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
mes

Do these men look scared to you?

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
Its a shame that Ameritards imbue in the right to bare arms such a connotation of civil freedom.  Most if not all countries have very strict gun laws and, coincidentally or not, have no issues with gun violence and have high standards of civil liberty.

Worst of all, all of you morons raise the banner of the right to bare arms as a symbol of freedom, yet cant seem to grasp the basic concept that with every right comes a duty, which you just dont acknowledge.  You people think that having the right to bare arms comes with no duties whatsoever, absolute discretion of the individual, you are all waaaaaaaay ignorant about this and your kids are paying the consequences of it.

Also, keep posting quotes by barely known (and thats too generous) "thinkers" to support your views.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Its a shame that Ameritards imbue in the right to bare arms such a connotation of civil freedom.  Most if not all countries have very strict gun laws and, coincidentally or not, have no issues with gun violence and have high standards of civil liberty.

Worst of all, all of you morons raise the banner of the right to bare arms as a symbol of freedom, yet cant seem to grasp the basic concept that with every right comes a duty, which you just dont acknowledge.  You people think that having the right to bare arms comes with no duties whatsoever, absolute discretion of the individual, you are all waaaaaaaay ignorant about this and your kids are paying the consequences of it.

Also, keep posting quotes by barely known (and thats too generous) "thinkers" to support your views.
???
Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine, John Adams, James Madison barely known?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Don`t like it? Don`t come here.  Stay in your 450 square foot concrete block that you call a home and protect yourself with a kitchen knife.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
???

Guy is obviously trolling with a statement like that.

What would your great great grandfather say about this clown?

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
???
Yes kiddo, all but Thomas Jefferson are only known in the land of McD's, few people outside your borders will know who the other characters are because they are not relevant to anybody else.  

If I were you, I'd go ask John Rawls, Michael Walzer, Peter Singer (he is australian but is currently teaching in the US), Nozick, any Justice of the Supreme Court (dont know their names), Tom Beauchamp,  you know, people who actually KNOW about the law and politics.  I really think its funny, and at the same time pathetic, that you do not quote any of the vast intellectuals that teach and practice the disciplnes of philosophy and law on your country (considering you have the four best Law Schools in the world), much less quote globally relevant thinkers on gun control and gun politics. This just goes to show how little you know on the subject and how unwilling you are to educate yourself on it with the people that matter.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
Don`t like it? Don`t come here.  Stay in your 450 square foot concrete block that you call a home and protect yourself with a kitchen knife.
Oh, I will, and Ill be glad doing that knowing my kids will not be submitted to constant media paranoia, living with the impendent fear of getting massacred by irresponsible assholes.

Your view of civil liberty is taking its toll gun-wise, much like its doing with your economy.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Yes kiddo, all but Thomas Jefferson are only known in the land of McD's, few people outside your borders will know who the other characters are because they are not relevant to anybody else. 

If I were you, I'd go ask John Rawls, Michael Walzer, Peter Singer (he is australian but is currently teaching in the US), Nozick, any Justice of the Supreme Court (dont know their names), Tom Beauchamp,  you know, people who actually KNOW about the law and politics.

Bullshit... The 2nd President of the US isn't known?

Cut the fucking shit.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

The first amendment(freedom of speech) also has boundaries. Try making a threat against the President and see what happens. Does that mean freedom of speech isn't a right?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
???

Great line in Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln was a great raconteur. A favourite story was about the Revolutionary War hero Ethan Allen. Shortly after the Peace was signed between America and Britain Allen visited England. The British would often make fun of the Americans especially General Washington. One day his host put up a picture of George Washington in the outside lavatory. Allen ignored the insult until he was pressed to make a comment. Much to his host’s surprise he thought it very appropriate – for clearly nothing made the English open their bowels ‘so quick as the sight of General Washington!’