Author Topic: anybody see DREDD 3D ?  (Read 3095 times)

Sweedee

• Getbig III
Re: anybody see DREDD 3D ?
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 04:14:15 AM »
need an invite...

T1

how many mbit? down and up..
You have to keep a good ratio to keep the account alive also. As in sweed what you download. I can see if I have a invite to give out if your connection is easy. I know I had a few a while back. But I think they remove them if you dont give them out right away. And if I give you one and you dont seed I get punished lol.

Im at 900gb up and down on that site lol.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 04:17:06 AM »
how many mbit? down and up..
You have to keep a good ratio to keep the account alive also. As in sweed what you download. I can see if I have a invite to give out if your connection is easy. I know I had a few a while back. But I think they remove them if you dont give them out right away. And if I give you one and you dont seed I get punished lol.

Im at 900gb up and down on that site lol.

meh... i'll hold off... it'll pop up on another site soon enough... i have unlimited but i do not like to seed too much (just slows my shit down)

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 04:19:57 AM »
meh... i'll hold off... it'll pop up on another site soon enough... i have unlimited but i do not like to seed too much (just slows my shit down)

alright. Its a serious site. But also the best there is hehe. At least when you have a good connection. Connections in Sweden has Always been "unlimited". It's a damn scam that you guys have to put up with that shit. I guess google fiber will help you soon.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 04:25:42 AM »
Most people would agree with you, but i always found it ridiculous (meaning, actually false) when people criticize good action movies for not having a plot.  To come up with good action scenes, the events have to flow together in a logical sequence, or it gets boring.  In some shitty action movie, the camera jumps around from shot to shot just showing disconnected scenes of mayhem.  On the other hand, a movie like DREDD shows skirmishes unfolding over the course of many shots, each of which follows and builds on the last.  

An example would be the part where they trap Dredd and set up the heavy artillery, blasting the whole floor to hell... there are a lot of parts to this scene, from the initial "oh shit" moment where he realizes they've trapped him, to the unveiling/setup of the guns, to the tension-building scenes where everything is getting ripped apart, and then finally the "a-ha" where he realizes he has to breach the side of the building.  Then, you think they've finally escaped, but in a cruel twist they can't get down, and have to go back in, and so this conflict resolves and segues nicely into the next chapter of the film.  

This is all part of the plot, and I think a sequence like this is actually a lot more "plot driven" than most...

finally, this wasn't an american film -- it's british ::)
I actually thought the first 5 minutes were good, the lead in, societal breakdown, mass civil unrest and rampant crime and the whole cops come judge/jury executioner bit, but once Dredd got caught in Peach Trees, a 200-storey slum tower block and was locked in and become the hunted, I immediately thought 'really', that's what your doing with the movie, the movie was then ULTRA predictable and disheartening as you knew the remainder of the movie would be about the heroic good guy with his unbreakable will and determination somehow surviving 1000 bad guys all trying to kill him on their own turf with the good guy triumphant against all odds.  

That scene you described where the bad guys trapped him on the 76th floor and blasted the shit out of it with seriously powerful mini-guns that literally knocked over walls, killed all the residents on that floor but yet somehow DREDD just simply outrun the bullets and remained 6 feet in front the whole time.  It was some serious roll your eyes moment, I know it's a movie, but fuck, why are the bad guys always this seriously completely incompetent, they managed to create a drug empire, take over a whole building, rig it too be locked down as a heavily armed fortress, but shooting straight and killing one man is too much too ask, even though every bad guy in the building was gunning for him.  I can see how the 13-20 year old demographic might like this, but for this old man, it was a struggle to stay awake to see the more than predictable finish.  I'm giving this movie 5 stars out of 10.
V

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 04:42:31 AM »
I actually thought the first 5 minutes were good, the lead in, societal breakdown, mass civil unrest and rampant crime and the whole cops come judge/jury executioner bit, but once Dredd got caught in Peach Trees, a 200-storey slum tower block and was locked in and become the hunted, I immediately thought 'really', that's what your doing with the movie, the movie was then ULTRA predictable and disheartening as you knew the remainder of the movie would be about the heroic good guy with his unbreakable will and determination somehow surviving 1000 bad guys all trying to kill him on their own turf with the good guy triumphant against all odds.  

That scene you described where the bad guys trapped him on the 76th floor and blasted the shit out of it with seriously powerful mini-guns that literally knocked over walls, killed all the residents on that floor but yet somehow DREDD just simply outrun the bullets and remained 6 feet in front the whole time.  It was some serious roll your eyes moment, I know it's a movie, but fuck, why are the bad guys always this seriously completely incompetent, they managed to create a drug empire, take over a whole building, rig it too be locked down as a heavily armed fortress, but shooting straight and killing one man is too much too ask, even though every bad guy in the building was gunning for him.  I can see how the 13-20 year old demographic might like this, but for this old man, it was a struggle to stay awake to see the more than predictable finish.  I'm giving this movie 5 stars out of 10.

hahahahaha

personally i do prefer movies where the heros die

End of Watch was a great recent one...

shit... spoiler alert

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 04:49:12 AM »

hahahahaha

personally i do prefer movies where the heros die

End of Watch was a great recent one...

shit... spoiler alert
I forgot to add, the villain was played by a woman, call me a misogynist, but she was terribly unconvincing, it is hard to take seriously a woman when she threatens men twice her size and the men all cower in fear.  The Villain is more important than the hero, and I am unsure of the actresses name, but she definitely didn't pull the role off at all.  I am unsure why they cast this as a female role, IMO that was a mistake.  To garner a few more stars, this movie could have done with a convincing male villain, but it wasn't to be.

V

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 04:55:36 AM »
I forgot to add, the villain was played by a woman, call me a misogynist, but she was terribly unconvincing, it is hard to take seriously a woman when she threatens men twice her size and the men all cower in fear.  The Villain is more important than the hero, and I am unsure of the actresses name, but she definitely didn't pull the role off at all.  I am unsure why they cast this as a female role, IMO that was a mistake.  To garner a few more stars, this movie could have done with a convincing male villain, but it wasn't to be.

Women can be real dangerous, they're excellent manipulators.
It doesn't have to be physical force, but also charm or charisma which can string people along. Especially if she's a complete psychopath.

Anyway, will watch the movie soon and come to my own concusions  :)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 04:57:17 AM »

Will watch the movie soon and come to my own concusions  :)

This movie will likely leave you with a concussion!  ;D
V

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
This movie will likely leave you with a concussion!  ;D

haha  ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »

eyes too small to be evil

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 07:56:49 AM »
I forgot to add, the villain was played by a woman, call me a misogynist, but she was terribly unconvincing, it is hard to take seriously a woman when she threatens men twice her size and the men all cower in fear.  The Villain is more important than the hero, and I am unsure of the actresses name, but she definitely didn't pull the role off at all. I am unsure why they cast this as a female role, IMO that was a mistake.  To garner a few more stars, this movie could have done with a convincing male villain, but it wasn't to be.

That's Lena Heady, Leonidas wife from 300, Queen in Game of Thrones among other roles

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 07:59:44 AM »

That's Lena Heady, Leonidas wife from 300, Queen in Game of Thrones among other roles

Amazing what a bit of make-up can do!  ;D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 08:01:59 AM »
Amazing what a bit of make-up can do!  ;D

Haha yes indeed! :D

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 08:45:28 AM »

Wow. She was really good asa villain in game of thrones. Completely forgettable in dredd.

I started watching but fell asleep. I never felt the need to continue from where i left off. It could have been shot in present day since not much was futuristic apart from dredds stuff. The whole battle was in a building so they probably didnt need to spend on making it futuristic. Reminded me of die hard 1
If im feeling bired enough i'll watch. The rest of it..maybe.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 12:32:08 PM »
As Bezerkfury said, dress the main character in the Raid Redemption as judge dredd , rename it judge dredd and watch it score a whole point higher on imdb, it's the far better film.